I Joined..I Joined!!!t and I have a question!

cutiepiebabygirl

I Joined..I Joined!!! and I have a question!

First of all....let me just say:

HI EVERYBODY!!:grin:

I finally joined after about 4 months of lurking! I am sooooooooooo inspired by all of you ladies. I hope to grow up and have hair just like yours!! :yawn::yawn:

I have a question. I don't know my hair type..probably never will..LOL!! I do know that my hair is very fine....but I have a lot of hair..so it gives the appearance of thick hair!! Here is my dilemma...my hair is sooooooo dry....and I don't know what to do get it moisturized...which is the only reason why I can't retain length. Now part II...when I try to moisturize my hair..my hair gets sooooooooo weighed down..and I had to learn the hard way that my hair doesn't like to be weighed down..it causes it to break..also I tried to add some protein to strenthen my hair..but my hair doesn't care for protein..so does anybody know of a light moisturizer that will not weigh down my hair..sorry this is so long....

btw - i dc 1x weekly..with neutrogena triple moisture or silk elements mega silk and i co-wash 1x weekly w/ HE Hello Hydration and LTR

Last edited:
Welcome Cutiepiebabygirl!!!

You can start by using the search engine and type in "moisturizer" and "hair type" to learn your hair type. As a newbie, I had to do the same thing in terms of learning what was best for my hair and learning it all right here!!!

From what I've been reading, a lot of ladies wear by the WEN system. Type that in the search engine and read up on the product. From what I understand from this board, it is an excellent product. Also, the ladies on this forum are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable in terms of hair care.

To me, this is the best $6.00 investment ever made!! I've learned so much from the ladies of this form!! Good luck to you and happy hair growing.

:welcome:

There was a thread just a couple of weeks ago on dry hair. If I find it I'll :bump: I'll for you.

Thanks for the warm welcome Veggie Burger ( cute name..lol..btw)...

Thanks JerseyGirl...I really appreciate that! I will get to searching ASAP!! You're right this is the best $ 6.00 investment..lol

Welcome cutiepiebabygirl!!! :wave:

A really light---and good moisturizer for fine hair is Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream.

Actually, it's formulated specifically for fine and thin hair. And it smells sooooo good!!
You can actually purchase a small sample for a few bucks to see if you like it. I purchased the sample awhile back just to try it out---and it's extremely light--in fact too light for my hair.

But you may find it to be the right consistency for your tresses!! Give it a try! :)

https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/samples.htmlhttps://www.qhemetbiologics.com/index.php

Re: I Joined..I Joined!!! and I have a question!

Thanks Apples for the welcome and the product advice! I hope it works! My poor hair can't take anything...it gets weighed down so easily..and i end up looking like a greasy puppy!! lol:grin::grin:

welcome to the forum. i've used phyto 7 and its really light, but moisturizing. its just too expensive to use permanently. are you using shampoo at all? just remember, its important to use a product that removes cones and i see your using conditioners with cones.

thanks for the welcome sandy rabbit!! :grin: you know i never really thought about the cones thing..:perplexed:perplexed i have heard that cones were bad...but never really knew what they did to hair...maybe i should use a clarifier..to remove build up of cones? or is there a special product???

Welcome cutiepiebabygirl!!! :wave:

A really light---and good moisturizer for fine hair is Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream.

Actually, it's formulated specifically for fine and thin hair. And it smells sooooo good!!
You can actually purchase a small sample for a few bucks to see if you like it. I purchased the sample awhile back just to try it out---and it's extremely light--in fact too light for my hair.

But you may find it to be the right consistency for your tresses!! Give it a try! :)

https://www.qhemetbiologics.com/samples.htmlhttps://www.qhemetbiologics.com/index.php

Welcome! yes! i love the stuff. it is really concentrated so just use a tiny bit.

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker is very light also. It's available at Sally's. Just look for any post by Tiffers for raves on it :lachen:

WOW!! I did a search...and saw all the posts about how drying they can be! Which of course is exactly my problem..THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! :grin::grin: I think you have solved my problem. I am going to stop using those cones right away!! To answer your question..I shampoo twice a month...lol..shampoo strips my hair something terrible!! I have yet to find a shampoo that doesn't!!

thanks for the welcome sandy rabbit!! :grin: you know i never really thought about the cones thing..:perplexed:perplexed i have heard that cones were bad...but never really knew what they did to hair...maybe i should use a clarifier..to remove build up of cones? or is there a special product???

my fav is christophe beverly hills purely natural clarifying shampoo. lately, i've been using suave clarifying. also, any shampoo that has coco-betaine will remove cones. for starters, you may want to clarify and use a really moisturizing conditioner... i've heard good things about the silk elements you are using although i've never used it. that might help the problem.

WOW!! I did a search...and saw all the posts about how drying they can be! Which of course is exactly my problem..THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! :grin::grin: I think you have solved my problem. I am going to stop using those cones right away!! To answer your question..I shampoo twice a month...lol..shampoo strips my hair something terrible!! I have yet to find a shampoo that doesn't!!

two good moisturizing conditioners without cones are mop extreme moisture and aubrey organics honey suckle rose. the honey suckle rose is cheaper and you can get it at vitacost for like 5 bucks i think. you can use cones, just in moderation and you have to use a shampoo that has sulfates or coco-betaine. there are also some good home remedies on the board. hth.

hey shortdub78!! thanks for the welcome!! I just ordered the sample online.. i hope this will help as a daily moisturizer...maybe with this and throwing away those cones..i can have moisturized hair!!

thanks soulie!!! i will search that one too! i am going to try everything until i have my staple...

I am so glad I joined ( sounds cheesy I know)..but you all are much more helpful than another website I was on...they just ignore newbies and their posts!

thanks sandyrose..this has been a great help..gotta get some new products and re-vamp the regimen a bit..

vitacost is that drugstore?? i'm in the south..and we don't have one of those..i may have to hunt around town..or buy some online.

thanks sandyrose..this has been a great help..gotta get some new products and re-vamp the regimen a bit..

vitacost is that drugstore?? i'm in the south..and we don't have one of those..i may have to hunt around town..or buy some online.

i'm sorry ... its an online vitamin store. its cheaper than buying it in the store and tey have other great conditioners toos.

Back