Almost 19 weeks post..my new growth has a mind of its own...HELP!!

Closeout

I will be 19 weeks on friday, my new growth is OUT OF CONTROL!! I did a DC with the Cathy Howse conditioner (which is think is hard protein), my hair feels strong, but my new growth is FULL of tangles.. need advise from other stretchers on what they use to helping with the detangling of new growth!

Whoa. 19 weeks. You are my hero. I thought I was doing something when I went 12 weeks. LOL! I couldnt have done it without AO HoneySuckle Rose Conditioner. This kept my new growth soft. After I washed and detangled I would put a little castor oil with my finger tips to my scalp and put my hair in a french roll. French roll it was until next wash. After 9 weeks I could manipulate my hair too mucy. I hope you get more suggestions. At this point I couldn't imagine going to 19 weeks.

OP, try cowashing your hair once in a while, that way you can get some moisture into your hair and also detangle it at the same time. I'm transitioning right now and before I got my braids I was having a really hard time dealing with my 6 months of new growth. I used some Shescentit Avocado conditioner which was a GODSEND at melting my tangles and I also used Aussie Moist (which does have silicones) but is really good as well. After that I would apply Castor oil to my hair then either rollerset or pull back into a ponytail and let air dry.
Even if you dont want to cowash you could add these conditioners into your weekly wash routine and it should help alot. HTH

I can't help you because we are in the same boat! I'm 19 wks post trying to push 20 wks, but I can't do it. I had planned to relax on Saturday but now my instructor wants me to do a swim lesson on Friday. She's going to force me to go 20 wks. I may have to take a day off work next week to relax my hair because I can't see going another whole week with this mess.:nono:

I am 15 weeks post and I'm feeling you. My hair is a hot mess, I just tried co-washing for the first time 2 weeks ago and it works. It makes my NG manageable I only do it once a week on Tuesdays. Give it a try, it will help.

Back