Allergic to hair color

sugawooga

I resently found out that I am severly allergic to hair dye. I tried Dark and Lovely dark brown 2Xs. The first time I had a bad reaction (scalp swelling, ears swelled) I decided to use another hair color (Karizma) bark brown and my reaction was 3Xs worst. I had to go to the emergency room for treatment and I was on steriods for a week. Has this ever happened to anyone elso on this board? I am tired of my same old hair color and I want a change. I can't use hair color though. Can anyone here relate?

EXSQUISIT

sorry, i have no advice to offer. however i would like to say your hair is pretty and you are a beautiful girl. hope u get some helpful advice from the other ladies regarding your problem.

nissi

it hasn't happened to me, but to an acquaintance who actually was a beautician. she was hospitalized!
i forgot which ingredient is extremely toxic in hair dye (possibly do a search), but maybe you should go to the health food store and get an organic hair color or henna if you must have color. however, i don't think the organic hair colors will lift your shade lighter
. check with your stylist, they may have a healthy alternative.

now i know one lady who lifted her hair color using hydrogen peroxide and baby oil. she got a pretty bronze shade, but her hair was thin
; i don't know if that was bcuz of the perxoide. maybe once you lift the color with the peroxide, you can use the organic color to add the lighter color. keep in mind that is a THEORY, so careful if you try it!

my advice is that it's best to try that method with highlights first, especially since your hair is already colored. hope that helps!

DigitalRain

It happened to my mom. She dyed her hair all the time then all of a sudden she became extremely allergic. So now she does the 24 hour patch test before trying out a color.

lsubabiedee

i had a mild allergic reaction to dark and lovely i think...it had never happened to me before....plus the color didnt even take

yoyo2

YES i am allergic to black haircolor. I started itching all over my scalped swelled and oozed very bad. It's like getting a sore on your scalp from a relaxer 1000 times worser. i also had to have a steroid shot and i poured sea breeze on my scalp, it helped it a whole lot. But, now i steer clear of black hair color. Try doing a patch test first. I am not allergic to any other colors ,but, black. But, even before i apply any hair color i do a patch test. I feel your pain.