All 4a/b relaxed ladies, how many times...

Adaj

how many times do you wash your hair? once a week? twice a week? once every two weeks? What are your regimens?

taz007

No more than twice a week. I'll deep condition on the weekend and then co-wash in the middle of the week.

I do the same. I wash once per week and co-wash in the middle of the week. I DC after every wash. I used to wash/co-wash every other day but I am getting too lazy.

After I wash/co-wash I spray SAA on my hair, moisturize with Humectress or some other leave-in and seal with either coconut or jojoba oil.

I henna gloss my hair every two weeks (although I plan to do it every week).

I relax every 6-8 weeks and do the mid-step (Joico) protein treatment. I am going to "try" to stretch this relaxer to 12 weeks :rolleyes:.

Solitude

Currently: 1-2 times per week. Usually 1, but I don't have a problem going as long as 2 weeks.

Sat or Sun: I do the whole thing - pre-poo, shampoo, DC, rollerset
If I do an extra wash, I do the same, but co-wash in the middle of the week & wear a bun or clip.
If I go two weeks, it is usually after I get my hair flat-ironed. It lasts longer than my rollers sets.

LongiLox

how many times do you wash your hair? once a week? twice a week? once every two weeks? What are your regimens?

Twice a week. When I get lazy I do once a week. My regimen is to wash and deep condition once a week, co-wash once a week. Moisturize daily and bun 99% of the time. And relax every twelve weeks.

soulie

I wash maybe once a week; I co-wash at least every other day and air dry in a bun.

exoticmommie

I do a a wash and set on Saturday for church, and a cowash mid-week. Unless I do a honey or any other type of prepoo, in which I do a wash again. I deep condition each time.

SmartyPants

I wash 2-3x's a week (most often 3). I do a deep condition with each wash. I do a pre-poo hot oil treatment with castor oil, a Motions CPR protein treatment, and a steam deep condition with my Saturday wash.

Esq.2B

Once a week, I shampoo with CON green, DC with ORS Replenishing mixed w/glycerin and EVOO. I apply my lacio lacio leave-in or Hawaiin Silky 14n1 leave-in, rollerset and dry under my dryer.

Every other week, I apply Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor after shampoo but before I DC.

I relax every 8-9 weeks.

Also, I clarify once a month.

Toy

I condition wash twice a week on Wednesday & Saturday with Wen fig & Dove whatever cheapie i have on hand.

blackpearl81

I wash twice a week, dc once a week.

Regimen:

Wash with Redken Gental Pon Shampoo
Condition w/GVP conditioning balm
Leave in: NTM silk touch or GVP Nexxus Humectress
Seal with Vatika and air dry

prospurr4

My hair regimen is basically:

- eat healthy, get regular exercise, avoid stress and get adequate sleep
- moisturize with plain water once per day and avoid direct heat
- co-wash once per week with VO5 or Suave, detangle with Jilbere Shower Comb, then rollerset on magnetic rollers
- if there is buildup, shampoo with diluted Motions Lavish, add Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Proclaim, detangle with Jilbere Shower Comb, then rollerset on magnetic rollers
- comb/detangle only when hair is damp; fingercomb when dry
- wear hair in an updo or curly/textured style (personally-preferred over straight styles)
- self-texlax every 13/14 weeks (4 times a year); protein treatment, DC and color rinse at that time
- protect hair from rough surfaces and at bedtime
- trim hair as needed/desired
- leave hair alone as much as possible (low manipulation)