Air-drying process

dcprdiva

hey ladies! i'm kinda new to this forum and i've been seeing a lot about air-drying... so I wanna get your opinions on what works for you so I can try it this weekend. i have type 4a/b hair just past my shoulders. I just got my Mizani touch-up two weeks ago. I wash my hair at LEAST twice a week and ususally put a Mizani protectant on my hair before I blow dry... I'm gonna wash it again tomorrow and wonder what i need to do to air-dry. I usually wear my hair flat-ironed but I wanna slowly get off of the flat-ironing and blow-drying for longer, healthy hair... please share your experiences with me!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Welcome to the forum! When air drying, I like to add pomade/shea butter on my hair while it is still wet. This helps to keep it moisturized. When I used to put it on after air drying, I didn't get good results. It would turn out frizzy. After air drying, I pin my hair up and put my bonnet on. I used to think that my hair would not turn out well without the blow dryer, but it actually comes out the same.

NAY007

I take my hair out of the towel. I then spray with a detangling leave in and comb my hair with my comb. Then I add some oil to the length of my hair and that's it. But I think it's a big difference if you air dry to wear your hair down the next day or if you air dry it and then wear a protective style the next day. The choice of products is different I think.

Chichi

I agree with what everyone else has said. One thing that always helps me air dry smooth is to:

1) do an ACV rinse
2) use a good serum when hair is wet (like the Got2B or John Frieda Texture Correcting serums).

Chichi

Lee

After washing my hair I use WGO (wild growth oil) to my, then a pomade by Aura. I put my hair in a pony tail. I use a fine tooth comb to make sure all of my hair is as smooth as possible. If not it will come out fizzy. My hair comes out straight and mositurized.

Country gal

I usually airdry my hair after rollersetting the hair. It tends to air dry quickly. I use mango butter, oil my scalp and use a leave in conditioner.

jrw

After I wash my hair, I towel dry it. I usually add a leave-in then put oil on my hair and scalp. I comb it and either braid it, put it in a bun or leave it loose.

LiqueXX

After washing I will put in Giovanni Direct leave-in and let my hair dry a little (maybe ten minutes) before putting on a generous amount ORS Olive Oil lotion and Kemi Oyl. At this moment I am currently using the baggie method (you can do a search for this), so I follow the steps for this and I am done. I have also air dried using the ponytail method (you can use the search function for this also). To keep my ends smooth while drying this way, I simply apply more product while my hair is drying and smooth with a fine tooth comb.

offthechainliz

I noticed If I want to keep my hair in protective style, I air-dry ponytail method. I put some razac, a little Lust, a little Giovanni, and and put my hair in a ponytail. when It's 20-30% dry, I put blue magic on the front, sides, back, and ends. I then tie a scarf just around the front and sides (the back is left exposed)my front dries nice and flat with beautiful little waves.

If I want to wear it out I'll roller set and airdry.

If and only if it's a special occasion, I dry under a hooded dryer for an extra smooth look.

as far as flat irons are concern, I don't know the definition of one since I've started this board.