After chemotherapy

Zipmum

I need some tips to revitalize my hair. Five years out from chemo I have 3-4 inches of hair. Slightly shorter in the middle. My concerns are that a) I am experiencing a lot of shedding and b) my hair came back a lot thinner than before. I hope to get some tips on restoration of thickness and also on fast growth. Waiting to hear from you.

Holla

Happy that your treatment was successful!

I don't have any advice related to chemo issues. I hope others will chime in. I have heard people say that your hair texture changes after chemo so that is very common.

discodumpling

Chemo meds change the texture and thickness of your strands from the inside out. It's as if you have to learn a completely brand new head of hair! Focus on the health of your hair and its unique needs by customizing a simple regimen and the length will come.

Frizzyb

I think you should look up the health benefits of diatomaceous earth. Made of silica which helps hair skin nails and joints and a host of other things. I take it and it helps me.

faithVA

In addition to the other suggestions, I would add doing clay detoxes on your hair and scalp to help draw out some of the chemicals. Chemotherapy drugs stay in your system for a very long time and they can definitely embed themselves in your skin and hair. I would add a weekly 30 minute clay treatment.