After 5 1/2 hours my crochet braids are finally done

naturalmanenyc

Crochet braid washing & conditioning
I washed it like my regular hair, focusing on the cornrows underneath. I used about a half dollar sized amount of shampoo.

I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo

I used Garnier length & strength conditioner

towel dried hair

Chameleonchick

Cute even after the wash it still looks good. I always thought withe loose hair crochets you have to wash the scalp only very carefully.

honeycomb719

Great job OP. Im thinking about attempting this myself. I just dont understand how you get the needle through the hair without doing damage with the hook. I would think you would be snapping teh hair all along the braid by poking and pulling that bulky needle through.
Any advice is appreciate on avoiding that.

naturalmanenyc

Funny that this is bumped. I'm doing a deep condition right now with my crochet braids still in.

The latch hook does not pull out your hair. It has a closure such that when you pull it back through the cornrow, the latch is closed. It has the look of a large sewing needle once the latch is closed. Similar to the way a sewing needle goes through fabric the latch goes through your hair.

Great job OP. Im thinking about attempting this myself. I just dont understand how you get the needle through the hair without doing damage with the hook. I would think you would be snapping teh hair all along the braid by poking and pulling that bulky needle through.
Any advice is appreciate on avoiding that.

levette

very nice, I have always preferred crochet braids over the others because they are so easy to take out.

manter26

wow! it's really starting to look like your own hair as it grows out. if you were wearing a headband, i bet no one would know the difference.

thanks for the update!

ajoyfuljoy

What kind of gel did you use to prep the hair? You know I am going to get this hair and copy your exact style right?!?! lol

I used to wear crochet braids in junior high school but I never revisited them. It's like I forgot about them and now this! I got a little obsessed last night and watched several youtube videos and out of all of them, your hair looks the best and most natural! The perfect amount of hair and everything! And I think that gel secret really knocks it out the ball park.

naturalmanenyc

Thanks! I am definitely doing this style again as is a good friend who is buying the same hair.

I used Eco Styler Olive Oil gel. I think that any gel will work though. It just helps to tame the hair for the install. I do not use gel on the hair again after the install.

What kind of gel did you use to prep the hair? You know I am going to get this hair and copy your exact style right?!?! lol

I used to wear crochet braids in junior high school but I never revisited them. It's like I forgot about them and now this! I got a little obsessed last night and watched several youtube videos and out of all of them, your hair looks the best and most natural! The perfect amount of hair and everything! And I think that gel secret really knocks it out the ball park.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Now see..... this is sooooo pretty! I was looking for a way to explain how to do this to a friend of mine. Thank you!