After 5 1/2 hours my crochet braids are finally done

naturalmanenyc

I wanted some color for the summer so I decided to put in my third set of crochet braids, but this time I did them myself.:grin:

I used 2 packs of hair, color 2 and color 4/30, bulk Freetress Bohemian Braid.

Not only did it take 5 1/2 hours to crochet in the hair but also 2 hours yesterday prepping the hair (dividing pre-sectioned hair into 2, 3 or 4 pieces with gel). All in all it took 7.5 hours plus the hour it took the woman I paid to do my cornrows. But instead of $150 that I normally pay my braider for the crochet curly twists, I spent $28.75.:grin::grin::grin::grin: Although it took all day, I cannot complain at all given the outcome and the price.

My hair Thursday night

My hair Friday night

Cutting my hair on Saturday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSValcrB5cw

My hair this morning

My hair now

I need to even up the back

Six weeks later, freshly washed/conditioned:

Underneath the weave

I intend to keep these in for 2 more weeks. Having shake & go hair for the summer has been fantastic!

Last edited:

pringe

ur hair came out nice! I've been doing my own crochet braids now for about a month and a half and I love the convenience of it! Doesn't take too long and its on my own time!

naturalmanenyc

I used 2 packs of hair but I am buying one more pack of color #2 to fill in the back a bit more just in case the wind blows. I want to cover the cornrows a bit better.

Nasdaq_Diva

I think it's cute!! Really cute! All these DIY'ers on here. Motivates me even more to attempt this on myself!

LadyPBC

Bohemian braid huh - I think your hair looks fantastic - great job. I'll take another stab at it in the fall.

chasturner84

Soooo pretty! You did a great job!

I did my crochet braids last week...I love just waking up and looking polished because my hair looks nice...especially since I'm 15 weeks post. :rolleyes:

naturalmanenyc

I agree. This is such a simple style. I should have kept doing it after my second crochet install came out in March.

I just cover my hair at night with a bonnet, shake it out in the morning and go.

Soooo pretty! You did a great job!

I did my crochet braids last week...I love just waking up and looking polished because my hair looks nice...especially since I'm 15 weeks post. :rolleyes:

naturalmanenyc

Yes. I washed at least weekly with my last crochet braids. Since they were two strand twists, I will probably have to be much more careful wasing this loose hair.

I have lots of gel on hand to keep the frizzies at bay. I plan to spray my cornrows each night with my mix of water, Mane & Tail braid spray and Chi Keratin Mist.

Are you gonna wash your hair in these?

naturalmanenyc

I added more hair at the back. The last 2 cornrows needed filling in (about 20 strands). I had DH even it up for me.

Shake & Go hair!!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 435