Africa's Best--Which products do you like?

danimani

I have been using their Liquid Hair Mayo for almost a year and it's probably one of my favorite products. It doesn't leave my hair feeling heavy and I love that.

I want to start buying a few more of their products, a little at a time so I don't end up not using them.

But there are sooooo many!

Other than the liquid hair mayo, what do you guys recommend? I'm especially looking for something that will give me moisture.

I love the liquid mayo and the kids organics shea butter detangler. Oh, and the kids shea butter shampoo is pretty good too, no sulfates.

The kids organics pomade is good. It has no petroleum or mineral oil. It slicks my hair down just as good as my fantasia ic gel.

I like their maximum strength super gro hair and scalp conditioner. It is packed full of great oils and extracts. It makes my hair smell yummy. I now use this after MTG. You would never know that I even use MTG.:lol: I am amazed that I've never thought of using this. It is like a hair grease, but it is so much better. This keeps my hair moisturized all day. I'm very happy with it.:)

I use Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil, Kids Organics Shea Butter detangler lotion, and Gro Strong pomade (the last too are absolutely yummy.) :lick:

I have their hair mayo and I like it...but how is it in comparison to the Organic Root Similators Hair May?

Glamourous said:
I have their hair mayo and I like it...but how is it in comparison to the Organic Root Similators Hair May?

I've used both and i noticed that the Africa's Best mayo is a lighter protein than the ORS.

I just bought the Africa's Best hair mayo (in the jar) like 3 days ago and my hair fell in love with it all over again. I used it as part of my pre poo treatment and it was great, esp since i have all that new growth.

I've also used their carrot creme (really helped against split ends), organics tea tree shine polish (smells delish), shea butter and tea tree oil moisturizer (loved it), liquid mayo (didn't like it too much, it felt like it just coated the hair so i gave it to my cousin), soft hold styling pomade and hairdress (it helped slick my hair back when i need a perm), gro strong triple action growth stimulating therapy (gave it to my mom cause it didn't make much difference for me), and the organics protein and vitamin fortified healthy hair and scalp remedy (helped with sore scalp after a relaxer). It's actually a great line to use and it's so cheap. As you can see, i've used almost the whole line and i was actually thinking of trying the stimulating shampoo in the near future :look:.

Oh yea, i forgot to add that i've also used the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner ( it wasn't really moisturizing at all, i added oil to it) and i've used their regular and organics boxed relaxers ( i loved both). I had to add oil to the regular relaxer but it came out to be just like the organics relaxer afterwards. And it was cheaper. If i would ever go back to no lye relaxers, i would definitely use one of their relaxers.

i have the carrot creme but honestly i dont like it,.... it leaves a slight film on my hair and sometimes small white flakes, i wonder if i used it wrong? or if i got a bad/ old one? besides that i have not tried anything else from them

I love the liquid hair mayo, the hair mayo in a jar, and i just fell in love with the shea butter and tea tree oil moisterizer.

I used the hair mayo(jar) and I am in love! I used it as a pre-poo and I couldn't believe hair soft it made my hair feel. It put my new growth in check.

I use their relaxer but it is the kids relaxer in regular and I love it. It leaves my hair full of body and volume. This will be the relaxer I use from now on. I also use the ultimate herbal oil. I plan on trying some other products from their line.

sweetcoco said:
I use their relaxer but it is the kids relaxer in regular and I love it. It leaves my hair full of body and volume. This will be the relaxer I use from now on. I also use the ultimate herbal oil. I plan on trying some other products from their line.

my friend used their relaxer too (I don't think it was the kids that she used) but her came out so soft and silky looking... I was also considering getting this relaxer too after seeing her hair but I decided to get ORS relaxer and now I am in love with that one! but I think Africa's best relaxers are just as good from the looks of my friend's hair.

S.O.S. said:
I used the hair mayo(jar) and I am in love! I used it as a pre-poo and I couldn't believe hair soft it made my hair feel. It put my new growth in check.

You know i just tried using the mayo in the jar as a prepoo on Sat and my hair never felt so good. It did keep my new growth in check, even 2 days later. I'm forcing myself to stop touching my new growth. S.O.S., did you do another deep condition after you pooed? If so, what DC did you use? Moisturizing or just anything?

BrownSkin2 said:
I've tried the liquid mayo. It makes my natural hair soft.

I am loving this one much better than the kids detangler .. I use it as a daily moisturizer on dry hair then seal with an oil(plain castor right now)

Now why do you all have to post all these great reviews on all this stuff. Y'all know I can't help myself. :ohwell:

do they have a website:cool:

Back