African Formula Let-it-Grow Line

so1913

I bought the Shampoo and Conditioner from Whole Foods a while back and dug it out the closet. The ingredients are AWESOME! I'm going to use it up and see how it works, not for growth, but to see how it maintains a healthy, flake free scalp. Neither shampoo or conditioner rinse is thick, but they are both effective (and no parabens *wink* *wink*)

Let me know what you guys think, especially if you've used any of this.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Super Conditioning Shampoo
Super Cleanser & Moisturizer Reduces Haircare Buildup And Encourages Healthy Hair Growth

Let-It-Grow™ Super Conditioning Shampoo, 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Perms or colorings can break hair and make it look thinner. Stressful experiences can also cause more than normal hair loss. Arrest the situation- regular use will help reduce hair breakage at the scalp line and encourage healthy hair growth.

Stressful experiences such as childbirth, disease, and extreme tension can cause more than normal hair loss. These conditions are often associated with poor circulation and less oxygen to hair follicles. Encourage healthy hair growth with Let-It-Grow.

INGREDIENTS: Coconut & Corn Oil Soap; Coconut Acid; Palm Kernel Oil; Olive Oil; Lavender Oil; Fern Oil; Sage Oil; Peach Oil; Birch Oil; African Shea Butter; Liquid Soya Protein; Extracts of Quillaya Bark, Soap Berry fruits, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Calendula, Rosemary, Chamomile and Onion Juice; Soy Protein; Milk Proteins; Wheat Amino Acids; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Allantoin; Panthenol; Biotin; Inositol; Lecithin; NaPCA; Benzophenone-3; Vitamins A, C & E.

Common use: Helps relieve scalp of debris, tension & stress; dissolves and washes away hardened oils (sebum), fatty acids and hair care product buildup from conditioners, styling gels and hair spray, while infusing vital nutrients & oxygen to follicles. pH Balanced.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Conditioning Rinse
Let It Grow Moisturizing Crème Rinse (Formerly Supergrow), 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Super-Conditioner Cream Rinse Detangles & Promotes Fuller, Thicker Hair

African Formula's light, oil-free rinse moisturizes & conditions hair and scalp to make hair soft and more manageable. Its special formulation untangles hair, reduces breakage and split ends, thereby promoting fuller, thicker hair. For All Hair Types.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Bee Honey, Coconut Oil, Peach Kernel Oil, African Shea Oil, African Palm Oil, Extract of Chamomile, Extract of Basil, Extract of Hops, Extracts of Maiden Hair, and Nettles leaves; Rosemary, Sage, and Calendula; Onion Juice, Centrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Isostearoyllactylate, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Wheat Germ Protein, and Vegetable Glycerine. pH Balanced. NO animal by-product. NO animal testing.

Common use: Encourage hair growth; promotes fuller, thicker hair; moisturizes & conditions hair and scalp; dissolves and washes away residues of hardened oils and fatty acids, including hair care products buildup, which may deter normal hair growth.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Hair Tonic
The Ultimate In Moisturizing & Corrective Treatment For Fine, Weak, Damaged Hair

Let-It-Grow™ Super-Active Hair Tonic, 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Made from a combination of natural herbal extracts, precious plant & seed oils, vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals, this Super Active hair tonic helps repairs and corrects damaged hair shafts, as well as restores & maintains moisture balance.

Let-It-Grow™ Super-Active Hair Tonic helps revitalize dormant hair roots, soothes and tones the scalp, conditions the length and ends of the hair and replaces vital proteins, vitamins, natural oils and minerals lost during washing. It also helps to balance the acidity of the hair and scalp and improves hair texture. It works not just on the surface but down deep in the hair structure, where it is readily absorbed and retained. INGREDIENTS: Purified water; Herbal extracts of from Bay Leaves, Clary Sage, Cedar Wood, Rosemary, Nettle, Patchouli, Lavender, Maiden Hair, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Collagen Linoleate, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic, Acid Sorbitol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Soluble Sulfur and Vitamin E.

Common use: A leave-on hair treatment that is highly beneficial on dry, damaged hair and scalp and works equally well on brittle hair and split ends; revitalize and strengthen fine or weak hair; helps repairs and corrects damaged hair shafts. pH Balanced.

Suggested Directions: Apply Super Active Hair Tonic to the hair daily, preferably in the evening before retiring and leave it on to gain the best from its rich ingredients.

African Formula Let-It-Grow (SuperGrow) Hair Gel
Biotin & Botanical Extracts For Thicker, Richer, Healthier Hair

Supergrow Hair Gel, 4 fl oz (African Formula)

Supergrow Hair Gel is an advanced formulation of natural plant oils, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbal extracts that work together to stimulate natural hair growth, prevent hair loss or thinning hair, and give hair a new, inner strength.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water; Wild bee honey; Coconut oil; West African Shea Butter; Virgin Olive Oil; Basil; Safflower & Peach Oils; Extracts of: Peach leaves, Birch, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Calendula Blossom, Rosemary, Onion Juice; Vegetable Proteins; Biotin; Allantoin; Panthenol; Naural Glycerine; NaPCA; Vitamins A, B, C, E; Natural preservatives and Vegetable aroma.

Common use: Supergrow Hair Gel with Biotin & Placenta extracts stimulates hair growth, thickens thinning hair, prevents hair loss and super conditions hair.

Suggested Directions: Part hair and apply (very thinly) directly to scalp, especially to the areas that are thinning or need growth. Massage in and comb.

Last edited:

Tamsin2005

I've used the shampoo, conditioner and tonic. I didn't use it consistently enough to see a difference. I almost poured the whole bottle of shampoo on my hair the first time I used it. It is a little watery. But I still have them and I use the tonic as an overnight leave-in occasionally. I'll put something on my scalp and just spray the tonic on my hair, baggie it overnight and wash it out in the morning. Good results but nothing spectacular, and that may be because I didn't use it consistently

princesmich

Yes, this line is one of my staples for the past 5 years I absolutely love it, I used this with the gueye's perm when I experienced the most growth. this is the line that definitely grows our hair.

so1913

Tamsin2005 said:
I've used the shampoo, conditioner and tonic. I didn't use it consistently enough to see a difference. I almost poured the whole bottle of shampoo on my hair the first time I used it. It is a little watery. But I still have them and I use the tonic as an overnight leave-in occasionally. I'll put something on my scalp and just spray the tonic on my hair, baggie it overnight and wash it out in the morning. Good results but nothing spectacular, and that may be because I didn't use it consistently

I hear ya. I used this morning, the shampoo is one of those more natural based shampoos that doesn't have a lot of sudsing agents added to it, so I think you end up using more trying to get your big suds on (lol). It's extremely gentle, but I could tell it was cleaning the hair, even without all the suds.

I'm going to use up the bottles and grab the tonic... see how my scalp fares. I notice that I can get build up on my scalp from conditioning washing and I want to see how this works. My hair feels pretty good, clean and soft, but I want to give it a few good consistant uses before I draw any conclusion. We shall see. The ingredients look great and the scent is so light and fresh.

ekomba

so1913 said:
I bought the Shampoo and Conditioner from Whole Foods a while back and dug it out the closet. The ingredients are AWESOME! I'm going to use it up and see how it works, not for growth, but to see how it maintains a healthy, flake free scalp. Neither shampoo or conditioner rinse is thick, but they are both effective (and no parabens *wink* *wink*)

Let me know what you guys think, especially if you've used any of this.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Super Conditioning Shampoo
Super Cleanser & Moisturizer Reduces Haircare Buildup And Encourages Healthy Hair Growth

Let-It-Grow™ Super Conditioning Shampoo, 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Perms or colorings can break hair and make it look thinner. Stressful experiences can also cause more than normal hair loss. Arrest the situation- regular use will help reduce hair breakage at the scalp line and encourage healthy hair growth.

Stressful experiences such as childbirth, disease, and extreme tension can cause more than normal hair loss. These conditions are often associated with poor circulation and less oxygen to hair follicles. Encourage healthy hair growth with Let-It-Grow.

INGREDIENTS: Coconut & Corn Oil Soap; Coconut Acid; Palm Kernel Oil; Olive Oil; Lavender Oil; Fern Oil; Sage Oil; Peach Oil; Birch Oil; African Shea Butter; Liquid Soya Protein; Extracts of Quillaya Bark, Soap Berry fruits, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Calendula, Rosemary, Chamomile and Onion Juice; Soy Protein; Milk Proteins; Wheat Amino Acids; Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein; Allantoin; Panthenol; Biotin; Inositol; Lecithin; NaPCA; Benzophenone-3; Vitamins A, C & E.

Common use: Helps relieve scalp of debris, tension & stress; dissolves and washes away hardened oils (sebum), fatty acids and hair care product buildup from conditioners, styling gels and hair spray, while infusing vital nutrients & oxygen to follicles. pH Balanced.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Conditioning Rinse]/b]
Let It Grow Moisturizing Crème Rinse (Formerly Supergrow), 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Super-Conditioner Cream Rinse Detangles & Promotes Fuller, Thicker Hair

African Formula's light, oil-free rinse moisturizes & conditions hair and scalp to make hair soft and more manageable. Its special formulation untangles hair, reduces breakage and split ends, thereby promoting fuller, thicker hair. For All Hair Types.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Bee Honey, Coconut Oil, Peach Kernel Oil, African Shea Oil, African Palm Oil, Extract of Chamomile, Extract of Basil, Extract of Hops, Extracts of Maiden Hair, and Nettles leaves; Rosemary, Sage, and Calendula; Onion Juice, Centrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Sodium Isostearoyllactylate, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Lanolin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Wheat Germ Protein, and Vegetable Glycerine. pH Balanced. NO animal by-product. NO animal testing.

Common use: Encourage hair growth; promotes fuller, thicker hair; moisturizes & conditions hair and scalp; dissolves and washes away residues of hardened oils and fatty acids, including hair care products buildup, which may deter normal hair growth.

African Formula Let-It-Grow Hair Tonic
The Ultimate In Moisturizing & Corrective Treatment For Fine, Weak, Damaged Hair

Let-It-Grow™ Super-Active Hair Tonic, 8 fl oz (African Formula)

Made from a combination of natural herbal extracts, precious plant & seed oils, vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals, this Super Active hair tonic helps repairs and corrects damaged hair shafts, as well as restores & maintains moisture balance.

Let-It-Grow™ Super-Active Hair Tonic helps revitalize dormant hair roots, soothes and tones the scalp, conditions the length and ends of the hair and replaces vital proteins, vitamins, natural oils and minerals lost during washing. It also helps to balance the acidity of the hair and scalp and improves hair texture. It works not just on the surface but down deep in the hair structure, where it is readily absorbed and retained. INGREDIENTS: Purified water; Herbal extracts of from Bay Leaves, Clary Sage, Cedar Wood, Rosemary, Nettle, Patchouli, Lavender, Maiden Hair, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Collagen Linoleate, Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic, Acid Sorbitol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Soluble Sulfur and Vitamin E.

Common use: A leave-on hair treatment that is highly beneficial on dry, damaged hair and scalp and works equally well on brittle hair and split ends; revitalize and strengthen fine or weak hair; helps repairs and corrects damaged hair shafts. pH Balanced.

Suggested Directions: Apply Super Active Hair Tonic to the hair daily, preferably in the evening before retiring and leave it on to gain the best from its rich ingredients.

African Formula Let-It-Grow (SuperGrow) Hair Gel
Biotin & Botanical Extracts For Thicker, Richer, Healthier Hair

Supergrow Hair Gel, 4 fl oz (African Formula)

Supergrow Hair Gel is an advanced formulation of natural plant oils, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and herbal extracts that work together to stimulate natural hair growth, prevent hair loss or thinning hair, and give hair a new, inner strength.

INGREDIENTS: Purified Water; Wild bee honey; Coconut oil; West African Shea Butter; Virgin Olive Oil; Basil; Safflower & Peach Oils; Extracts of: Peach leaves, Birch, Coltsfoot, Horsetail, Calendula Blossom, Rosemary, Onion Juice; Vegetable Proteins; Biotin; Allantoin; Panthenol; Naural Glycerine; NaPCA; Vitamins A, B, C, E; Natural preservatives and Vegetable aroma.

Common use: Supergrow Hair Gel with Biotin & Placenta extracts stimulates hair growth, thickens thinning hair, prevents hair loss and super conditions hair.

Suggested Directions: Part hair and apply (very thinly) directly to scalp, especially to the areas that are thinning or need growth. Massage in and comb.

wowwwwwwwww girl i love the ingredients!!!!!!!!!!i need to get my hands on it online hum :p :D thanks for listing the ingredients So1913 ! they very impressive

so1913

joyous said:
I also used this product line and wasn't impressed. It really did nothing for my hair.

You mean as far as hair growth or how your hair felt after using it? What were your expectations? Can you expand?

Did it make your hair feel hard or dry or were you looking for faster hair growth that you didn't get? Just trying to get an understanding of what about it people did or didn't like about it.

For those who don't use this product specifically for hair growth, but more so simply as a more natural shampoo and conditioner alternative, and something that helps maintain a healthy scalp, therefore, creating good conditions for healthy hair growth, how do you like this? Over multiple uses, how did your hair and scalp react?

Thanks again!

joyous

so1913 said:
You mean as far as hair growth or how your hair felt after using it? What were your expectations? Can you expand?

Did it make your hair feel hard or dry or were you looking for faster hair growth that you didn't get? Just trying to get an understanding of what about it people did or didn't like about it.

For those who don't use this product specifically for hair growth, but more so simply as a more natural shampoo and conditioner alternative, and something that helps maintain a healthy scalp, therefore, creating good conditions for healthy hair growth, how do you like this? Over multiple uses, how did your hair and scalp react?

Thanks again!

I was mainly using it for general hair health. I really didn't notice a difference in my hair and scalp. It didn't make my hair feel hard but I got better results from other products. I guess I was expecting more since this was all natural.

so1913

joyous said:
I was mainly using it for general hair health. I really didn't notice a difference in my hair and scalp. It didn't make my hair feel hard but I got better results from other products. I guess I was expecting more since this was all natural.

Gotcha. Thanks!

P

patient1

I used to use these products when I lived in Jersey. I got them from a little health store in East Orange called the Olive something. I liked the fact that they were gentle and natural so I felt comfortable using them on my daughters' hair.

I haven't seen them at the Whole Foods in LA but I'll be on the lookout. Thanks for the reminder.

p1