Affirm users

Sweet C

i was looking at the Avlon site, and I was wondering, what exactly is the major difference between their regular lye and the time release one? Is one better than the other?

Also after the relaxer is washed out, what comes next?

meka

Hi,

The control formula is for people who don't apply the relaxer as fast. That way you shouldn't have to deal with under or over processed areas. No I don't think one is better than the other. I have used both and I have never burned or underprocessed with neither.
After rinsing the relaxer, you use either the Affirm 5 n 1 or the Positive Link conditoner. After that, neutralize.

Hope this helps.

ETA- I am providing a link from the website that explains the difference between the two formulas. Just read under "benefits".

http://www.avlon.com/crmrelaxer.html

Last edited:

morehairplease

meka thanks so much for this!:)

sweet c great thread!:)

meka said:
Hi,

The control formula is for people who don't apply the relaxer as fast. That way you shouldn't have to deal with under or over processed areas. No I don't think one is better than the other. I have used both and I have never burned or underprocessed with neither.
After rinsing the relaxer, you use either the Affirm 5 n 1 or the Positive Link conditoner. After that, neutralize.

Hope this helps.

ETA- I am providing a link from the website that explains the difference between the two formulas. Just read under "benefits".

http://www.avlon.com/crmrelaxer.html

Sweet C

Thanks meka

i am thinking about biting the bullet and attempting to self-relax, but I am a little scared cause it takes me a little while to just "grease" my scalp through this thick stuff. I know if I complete a 3 month stretch, most hair dressers will not be pleased with trying to relax that, so I want to be safe.

Another question: For those who do relax at home and buy the big Affirm tubs, how long do they last you?

meka

Mine lasts me almost two years, sometimes longer. I usually relax every 8 weeks. I think that the relaxer is good for 2-3 years anyway. I have been self relaxing for about 5 years now and I don't have any problems.