affirm fiber gaurd relaxer

camere

Does it really work on protecting your hair is it a lye relaxer and if so how can change from one relaxer to the next? Thanks in advance

jellynote

This relaxer is for color treated/ damaged hair. I've used it ( the lye) and it works good on my hair which is color treated. To change from one relaxer to another all you have to do is relax the new growth only. Just use the Presvo with it. This stuff is just like the protecto that comes with the orginial Affirm Relaxer.

brickhouse

The sensitive scalp is the no lye and I used that for a year and just recently switched to the lye when I found out how bad the no lye is for your scalp. I have several threads about switching from no lye to lye. I really love this relaxer and all their products.

LiLi

Camere, I use the Fiberguard sensitive scalp formula (no lye). I really love this relaxer. I can definitely tell the difference between this relaxer and the other (African Pride) that I used for many years. The "fresh relaxer" feel never goes away. My hair is very soft and silky feeling on the parts of my hair where I used the Affirm Fiberguard relaxer as opposed to the sections where I used the African Pride relaxer. I really love this relaxer. I get the kit with 9 applications in it and it only costs me less than $30. I also use the Sustenance and the Normalizing Shampoo with it. I'm still trying to get the application down because this last time my hair didn't get as straight as the last time but it still feels smooth and doesn't have an underprocessed look or feel to it. I think the consumption of Biotin may have contributed to it not getting as straight as the previous application. Either way, I am really pleased with the results.

camere

Lili ok all these products come with the no lye however my hair hates nolye relaxers but I want to try the lye but noticed that they only sell it in a huge tib for like 50 bucks and I would like to try it first without having to commit to that huge tub do u know if they sell the lye in the smaller size so I can try it to see if I like it before getting the huge tub.See I do my own relaxer have not found any one I trust with my mane.

LiLi

Actually the products I mentioned, other than the 9 applications, are separate products that you really should use with any Fiberguard Relaxer application. Yes they do sell much smaller Fiberguard lye relaxers in jars. If you have an Ace Beauty Systems in your area and know someone with a license (cosmo, nail tech, barber, etc.) then you can get the relaxer in the jar for like $7 and that will last for like 6 or more applications I believe. You can also get the big tub for like $18.