Advice needed on my next weave install...(pics included)

HairBella08

I go to a certain stylists for my weaves which I use as a protective style and they always give me good growth. She does an excellent job with the cut and making the weave look very natural. However, I noticed the last time that I had my weave done by her it was kinda tight despite me repeatedly telling her it was. I ended up with some breakage and a small bald spot, which the hair has grown in there. YIKES, I know!! Anyways, a friend of mine recommnded another weave stylist and I would love to try her out, but honestly the weave doesn't look as natural as my current stylist even though the styles are very similar. I'm trying to decide if I should just go to my old stylist again and tell her its too tight and be prepared to walk out if need be or try the new stylist and risk that I may not get the best results. I think I may know what direction I'm going in, but would like to get some different opinions. TIA

BTW, Here's a pic of my last install by my current stylist. I'm the one wearing jeans in the picture.

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 156
Wow that really looks natural!! I love it. That looks like some Extensions Plus brand hair. How much does she charge u for a full weave?

I would def stick with the person who did ur hair before and STRESS how tight it is. Just don't let her braid it tight. U will be disappointed if u go to the new person b/c the bar is already set high with ur original stylist. Take it from me, I made that mistake.

Wow that really looks natural!! I love it. That looks like some Extensions Plus brand hair. How much does she charge u for a full weave?

I would def stick with the person who did ur hair before and STRESS how tight it is. Just don't let her braid it tight. U will be disappointed if u go to the new person b/c the bar is already set high with ur original stylist. Take it from me, I made that mistake.

I normally use EP, but decided to go "cheap" and use Senghori Shells. No offense to SS because it was actually better IMO. I ended up loving it more than the EP hair because it dries straight unlike the EP hair which dries with more texture in it. The next time I do plan to seal the weft to prevent shedding. The sheddng wasn't horrible, but enough for me to notice. She charges $150.

Thanks! This is what I was thinking.

I normally use EP, but decided to go "cheap" and use Senghori Shells. No offense to SS because it was actually better IMO. I ended up loving it more than the EP hair because it dries straight unlike the EP hair which dries with more texture in it. The next time I do plan to seal the weft to prevent shedding. The sheddng wasn't horrible, but enough for me to notice. She charges $150.

OP your hair looks great. I love the cut too. Please share how you seal the weft. TY

150.00 is not bad at all. Did u use the relaxed rhythms straight machine weft hair? I might give it a try. Although EP is the best so far. It does dry kinky LOL.
Did u need 2 pls of the SS hair?

To seal it do u just apply glue to the entire weft??

OP your hair looks great. I love the cut too. Please share how you seal the weft. TY

Thank you. She really can cut like no one's business. I've never sealed the wefts before, but I plan to use the product on the SS website...

BTW, what does OP stand for? For the life of me I have never figured this one out.:wallbash:

Attachments

• weftsealerSM.jpg
    weftsealerSM.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
150.00 is not bad at all. Did u use the relaxed rhythms straight machine weft hair? I might give it a try. Although EP is the best so far. It does dry kinky LOL.
Did u need 2 pls of the SS hair?

To seal it do u just apply glue to the entire weft??

Yes, I used the relaxed rhythms machine weft. Once it dries straight it's so much easier to flatiron. I felt like I was always struggling to keep the EP smooth, especially on a rainy day or with increased humidity. I bought two packs, a 10' and 12', but she only used the full pack of the 10' and about a 1/4 of the 12'. There seems to be A LOT of hair on the 10' weft. I plan to apply glue to the entire weft.

Yes, I used the relaxed rhythms machine weft. Once it dries straight it's so much easier to flatiron. I felt like I was always struggling to keep the EP smooth, especially on a rainy day or with increased humidity. I bought two packs, a 10' and 12', but she only used the full pack of the 10' and about a 1/4 of the 12'. There seems to be A LOT of hair on the 10' weft. I plan to apply glue to the entire weft.

Great! Thanks OP... I am assuming you ordered online right?

OP your hair looks great. But, my experience with stylist is that they dont like being told what to do. They feel like your hair is their work of art and how dare you tell them how to paint it. Once your stylist starts going in the wrong direction they rarely reel it back in.
But, since you are spending a lot of money it might be best to give her one last chance if you can spare the expense.

OP your hair looks great. But, my experience with stylist is that they dont like being told what to do. They feel like your hair is their work of art and how dare you tell them how to paint it. Once your stylist starts going in the wrong direction they rarely reel it back in.
But, since you are spending a lot of money it might be best to give her one last chance if you can spare the expense.

I plan to give her one more chance and then move on to someone else or find a different protective style. I know I will have be much firmer with her. She's not a pushy stylist so I think things will work out.

I plan to give her one more chance and then move on to someone else or find a different protective style. I know I will have be much firmer with her. She's not a pushy stylist so I think things will work out.

I feel ya, I think you are doing the right thing:yep:!

I wish my fav stylist didn't cost $600.00 for a full install :-(

WOW!! I can't even complain about the cost. And I'm guessing from your previous posts that you still have to buy the hair. Well, I did go to Breon from Reniece and Company when I first started getting my installs. It was a little pricey including travel costs, but at the time it was worth it because I was new to the game and starting from a hot mess of overprocessed hair. After the first year it was too expensive to travel back and forth from FL to MD. However, her work is the bomb and she really knows how to take care of your hair. I really learned a lot from them and then found LHCF:yep:

WOW!! I can't even complain about the cost. And I'm guessing from your previous posts that you still have to buy the hair. Well, I did go to Breon from Reniece and Company when I first started getting my installs. It was a little pricey including travel costs, but at the time it was worth it because I was new to the game and starting from a hot mess of overprocessed hair. After the first year it was too expensive to travel back and forth from FL to MD. However, her work is the bomb and she really knows how to take care of your hair. I really learned a lot from them and then found LHCF:yep:

Well she does include the hair BUT I have not gone to her for a full install before. I can't bring myself to pay that much.

How much does Reniece charge for a full sew-in if you bring your own hair? How is her salon environment? I just hate going to new places and having stylist show up late or have me in there all night long.

Say it again. I LOVE Extensions Plus hair. I use the ZigZag Curly because it looks so natural....LOVE IT!!! It's a great investment.

Oh, and OP, your hair is gorgeous. Weaves do give good growth.....keep up the good work!

Say it again. I LOVE Extensions Plus hair. I use the ZigZag Curly because it looks so natural....LOVE IT!!! It's a great investment.

Oh, and OP, your hair is gorgeous. Weaves do give good growth.....keep up the good work!

YES and it does not shed at all! I have never purchased EP hair it's always been included in the price of my install. How much does a 10" pack cost? Can you order online or do u have to call them?

Well she does include the hair BUT I have not gone to her for a full install before. I can't bring myself to pay that much.

How much does Reniece charge for a full sew-in if you bring your own hair? How is her salon environment? I just hate going to new places and having stylist show up late or have me in there all night long.

I think the price was $180 or $200 for the install; maybe a little more but it seemed pretty reasonable. It was the travel that killed my budget. The salon was not ghetto or anything like that. It was clean and organized. She was always on time when I went and they only have the client they are working in the salon. No one is just sitting there looking at you and waiting to be worked on or put in the rotation. Your time slot is dedicated only to you. That was definitely a new concept for me. My installs did take a little while, but only because she is so gentle and careful with handling your hair, especially the detangling part. I would highly recommend them if you live in the area. I think the hardest part is getting an appt since they stay booked.

I think the price was $180 or $200 for the install; maybe a little more but it seemed pretty reasonable. It was the travel that killed my budget. The salon was not ghetto or anything like that. It was clean and organized. She was always on time when I went and they only have the client they are working in the salon. No one is just sitting there looking at you and waiting to be worked on or put in the rotation. Your time slot is dedicated only to you. That was definitely a new concept for me. My installs did take a little while, but only because she is so gentle and careful with handling your hair, especially the detangling part. I would highly recommend them if you live in the area. I think the hardest part is getting an appt since they stay booked.

Ok great! That is good to hear. I am in the DC are so maybe I will pay Breon a visit. I want something around the end of April. I need to go ahead and order my hair.

Back