...and The Hair Drama Begins

diamondlady

I have been gone for years and wearing weave. I had so much hair drama before that I just gave up and got off the board, let my account close. Decided to come back. I re-opened my picture trail and the albums made me laugh because I had forgotten those pictures. Will be adding new pics soon. Besides not knowing what to do with my natural hair now, I have a new hair drama.

I usually take my weave out myself, give myself a deep condition and let my stylist re-install and do the maintenance. I had success with this method. The last time I didn't have time to take it out myself because I was going on vacation so, for the first time, I let the stylist take it out and re-install.

Just took the last weave out and found where he actually cut my hair in several places. There are many, many short areas about 3/4-inch long. I'm not going to stress, just go forward.

Find a good stylist, expensive and hard to contact. Bad stylist, cheap, easy to contact, but you are in danger of something happening to your hair.

I'm back to doing my hair myself.

Adiatasha

I always take out my installs myself.
Stylists are usually rushing and hair can look like thread soooo yeah. Welcome back!

Are you going to shape up your hair?

lilikoi

@diamondlady I'm sorry to hear about this setback, but hang strong--you will overcome! :bighug:

It is true, once you have the knowledge, no one can take care of your hair better than yourself. It is unfortunate t0 have to pay such a high price for a little bit of convenience. Shouldn't be that way. Thank you for the good advice. Keep us posted on your progress.

diamondlady

Instead of thinking of it as hair drama, try to view it as an adventure. You get to learn new things, revisit old ones, experiment with different techniques and sample new products. Yay!

Oh, I love that!! Great attitude, I wish I could grab it and live by it. I love wearing my own hair, but I'm scare. I've had some great progress with weaves and retained some length, afraid I'm gonna lose everything I've gained. I've already lost several spots.

As you can see by my picture trail, it's been since around 2008 when I was on the board last. Didn't know it had been so long. I remember having 4 inches of hair all over my head around 2001 Nov 21 2015.3jpg.jpg

PJaye

Oh, I love that!! Great attitude, I wish I could grab it and live by it. I love wearing my own hair, but I'm scare. I've had some great progress with weaves and retained some length, afraid I'm gonna lose everything I've gained. I've already lost several spots.

As you can see by my picture trail, it's been since around 2008 when I was on the board last. Didn't know it had been so long. I remember having 4 inches of hair all over my head around 2001 View attachment 346949

Don't allow fear to paralyze you. You went from having 4" to alla dat, so you can do it again. And, if not, get yourself a bad haircut and some fierce earrings and strut. This is a journey with many twists and turns, so I urge you to enjoy the ride!

diamondlady

Don't allow fear to paralyze you. You went from having 4" to alla dat, so you can do it again. And, if not, get yourself a bad haircut and some fierce earrings and strut. This is a journey with many twists and turns, so I urge you to enjoy the ride!

Love your attitude!!! This is what I missed about the board. Believe me, I've had many hair "adventures" and the board was always supportive. I left because I got too stressed and wanted to set away. Glad to be back.