Advice, Am I doing too much???

girlyprincess23

Especially fine haired ladies please reply.
I was wondering is it too much to everynight spray my hair with surge, mtg, and infusium, then oil with doo gro, wgo, and amla oil, then cover the ends and edges and a little bit of the hair with mango butte and castor oil, then sleep with a plastic cap on. Then every morning I rinse it with suave humectress cond (because the oil and stuff will not make it look cute thats why I do it all at night), spray with infusium and surge and put it in a ponytail and go (because it's texlaxed, so it's curly on the ends). I haven't noticed any negative effects but I was just wondering if anybody thinks I will? Also I deep cond every other weekend and do a protein treatment every other weekend. Also planning on hennaing this weekend. Any advice?? Any at all is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

For starters, you can mix the oils into one bottle. I also think you can use the infusium right after you wash as oppose to you using it every night. The surge and mtg mix can stay. As far as the mango butter and castor oil for your ends and edges. I would downsize to mango butter for my ends and edges, and castor oil as a sealant for my whole head.

Your daytime regimen seems simple and ok. I might add some moisturizer after I finish surging.

I CAN say it seems like you are doing too much or probably it is the way you worded it...:look:

I am a fine haired lady. I don't think you need all of those products but I am not sure. I would be concern with wearing a ponytail everyday. when I was relax/texlax, I used to wear ponytail or buns (before LHCF) everyday which put stress on the temples. Wear your hair down or change your protective style from time to time. You did not mention how often you wash your hair because CW does not completely cleans your hair. I think henna is fine; I do that myself every month.
When I first started the board I put a lot and different products in my hair until I found what work with me. As I write, I really think one spray product, one oil, and one oil to do the ends is all you need. Just experiment with different combinations until you find something you like.

my hair is fine and to me that would be wa to much. if i put more than two products in my hair my hair will start to break. it bulds up to easy and cant stand it. less is more for me.

I am a fine hair lady and I had to just change my reigment because I was doing too much, at first it appeared to be fine but eventually I saw the effects. I can't baggy nor can my hair stand too much manipulation.

It would be way too much for my hair. Too much manipulation and too many products too often. I can't baggy and my hair can't handle a lot of oils. But that's just me.

It seems like you're keeping it pretty much in a pony tail so why not just do all you products on wash days and leave it alone until the next wash? That's what I do when I go into "protective mode" like bunning or ponytailing or a single cornrow down the back - I do all my stuff once a week on wash days, pre-poo, oils, deep condish, henna, leave ins, whatever and then put in style for that week and basically leave it alone and tie it up at night. Smooth with a little water and oil and fingers in the morning and go. Re-do style as needed with water and oil and fingers. No brushing, no combing, zero manipulation and still get daily moisture and oils and hair looks great everyday.

This may be boring, but that it works for me when I want maximum growth, maximum retention, maximum thickness, minimum time on hair, minimun $$ spent on products - basically keep it clean and leave it alone for a couple of months. Its incredible how that works for my hair. Almost doesn't matter what products I use, so long as I keep clean, moisturized and oiled - sorta like when I was little when Mom use to do my hair every saturday night . .. old school keep it simple . . .

I would say its way too much. i would use just one oil and a leave in that didnt contain as much protein as infusim, it use to make my hair brittle. I try as far as possible to keep it simple, but do what works for you...

Thank you ladies sooooo much for the advice. I think that is what i'm gonna do...downgrade. To 1 oil, 1 moisturizer, and 1 growth aide....or make a super mix of them all. Yeah that sounds good it will make what i have last longer too.... Thanx!!!!!!!:look:

Back