Adventures in Tea rinsing...

SmartyPants

OK... I am 10.5 weeks post relaxer. I washed my hair yesterday and did a tea rinse after my DC (I used Lipton tea bags to make the tea rinse). Anyway, I left the tea in and proceeded with my normal rollerset.

IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! I lost so much hair because the tea rinse left me with no slip whatsoever. I did like the way my hair turned out when took my rollerset down this morning.

I think next time I am going to do my rollerset and then pour the tea over the already detangled and rollerset hair before I get under the dryer. I will see if this works. Because I can't afford all that breakage!

MAMATO

Tea rinses are equivalent to mild protein treatments, that is probably why...I am glad it turned out OK for you :)

Angelicus

May I make a suggestion?

I deep condition my hair first. I detangle my hair in the shower while rinsing out my deep conditioner. Then I pour black tea over my already detangled hair.

The decreased shedding almost scared me. I usually half a handful of hair. I barely lose 50 hairs during the roller setting process now that I do the tea thing. Give it one more try.

SmartyPants

Tea rinses are equivalent to mild protein treatments, that is probably why...I am glad it turned out OK for you :)

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

This is exactly what it felt like--protein overload!!! I started to rinse it out and do another DC when I started rollersetting and was having problems. I should have followed my first instinct. Protein is NOT what I need 10 weeks into a stretch!

acapnleo

so... when i heard about tea rinsing i of course wanted to try it. I tried the tea "rinse" on my daughter but did not like the feeling of her hair that way:blush: rinsed it out and decided I would do it another way.

so i do my tea rinse with a twist... i call it "tea treatments":rolleyes:.

I do my normal wash.. then i pour the tea into my hair, add conditioner (detangle or not) and seran wrap for an hour or more-- however long I decide, then rinse it all out.

Doing it this way works very well for me and leaves my hair very soft and pretty. See if maybe this way works better for you. hope that helps.

flowinlocks

so... when i heard about tea rinsing i of course wanted to try it. I tried the tea "rinse" on my daughter but did not like the feeling of her hair that way:blush: rinsed it out and decided I would do it another way.

so i do my tea rinse with a twist... i call it "tea treatments":rolleyes:.

I do my normal wash.. then i pour the tea into my hair, add conditioner (detangle or not) and seran wrap for an hour or more-- however long I decide, then rinse it all out.

Doing it this way works very well for me and leaves my hair very soft and pretty. See if maybe this way works better for you. hope that helps.

Good idea.:yep:

SmartyPants

Thanks ladies!

And yes, it was exceptionally strong. It was so strong, I added sugar to the rest of it and drank it with my lunch today.