Adrienne has updated her picturetrail journal

LiqueXX

Love it!! You are my hair mentor. What is your hair regimen?

honeycomb719

Yah, for Adrienne.
You go girl. I've been fascinated by your hair since I've been here on this board, your are truly my inspiration

CrownnGlori

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
wowwwwwwwwww, its so interesting to see progress!

am i the only one whos hair is growing but not GROWING??

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel ya on that girl. We should start taking more pictures.

Adrienne - Show 'em what your working with!

Lindy

You are truly an inspiration, Adrienne!! I love your hair!! (You definitely need to get yourself one of those "I LOVE MY HAIR" shirts!! If anyone should be rocking that shirt, it's definitely YOU!!!

AJamericanDiva

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:
[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
can anyone provide a link

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go .......

Thanks...and congrats to you Diva!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Girl!!!!

CocoaCure

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING HAIR GROWTH!!! THOSE ENDS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND SPLIT FREE AND JUST TIGHT!!! THIS IS DREAM HAIR!!! YOUR HAIR LOOKS FAR FAR MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN PEOPLE WITH NATURALLY STRAIGHT HAIR!! YOU GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ADRIENNE!!!!!!!! YAY ADRIENNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrienne0914

no problem, skegees! i appreciate your continued support and love!

thanks to everyone for all the compliments. y'all know i couldn't have done it without these hair boards. to those just getting started, please know that the only difference between my hair and yours is time!!
i've been consistent with my current regime (with a few tweaks) for 3½ years.

i encourage everyone to take as many photos as you can to document their progress. even if you never share them with anyone, at least you will know for yourself that you're getting somewhere. i can't tell you how many times i wanted to give up because i thought my hair wasn't growing. taking the photos let me know differently.

honi, my favorite reaction is always from the fellas. when i wear a bun/drawstring, i seem to be invisible to most of them, but when i wear it down, most of them are invisible to me...
people that haven't seen me for a while are usually really shocked. some ask how i did it. some feel for tracks. some ask if it's a wig or weave. you name it, i've seen it. i TRY to take it all as a compliment...

sillygurl, leejure just playing. she's like the little sister i never had. in fact... immo beat her up the next time i see her!

anyway, for those that asked, i'm posting my regime below.

----------

<font color="blue">ADRIENNE'S REGIME

In my opinion, these are the two most important rules to achieving your goals:

1. Find the products that are right for your hair, and stop switching to other stuff when someone recommends things.

2. Leave your hair alone as much as possible. This was more important than the first for me. I used to blow dry and curl my hair twice a week. After I got braids and did nothing, that's when it grew. They're not for everybody, but if you can sport them, I highly recommend it.

My hair policy is "less is more"... less manipulation... less heat... less product switching... I put different stuff on my hair depending on how I’m wearing it. So I’ll list it separately. Basically, I’ve been washing my hair once a week. If my scalp is itching bad, I’ll either rinse and condition or wash again depending on why it's itching (dandruff vs. sweaty). I wear my hair up 90% of the time. I think this has helped keep my ends from thinning too much.

-------------------

I’ve had psoriasis since about the age of 15. Because if this I’ve always been in the habit of washing my hair often. I’m currently washing it once or twice a week depending on the amount of flakes or itchiness that I have. My goal is to wash just once a week though.

UPDO:
- Do an initial wash with Elasta QP Bodifying shampoo to remove Vaseline and other product buildup. This shampoo is really gentle and doesn’t strip the hair or leave it hard. Using it means I can use less of the rest of the other products.

- Wash with prescription-strength Nizoral shampoo. I let it sit for at least five minutes as directed. After that, I work in some KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo on top of the Nizoral before rinsing.

- Condition with KeraCare Humecto Cream conditioner. Every other week, I do a protein conditioning with Aubrey GPB.

- Apply Elasta QP Recovery as leave-in and finger comb. Then apply a mixture of 1/2 World of Curls Activator and 1/2 Fantasia IC Hair Polisher gel (I have this pre-mixed in a separate container).

- For the bun: I put Vaseline on my ends, and braid the hair. I wrap it around itself and put a baggie over it. Then I cover it with a cut-off stocking. I put the drawstring ponytail over the stocking and put two scrunchies around it.

- Wrap head at night with silk or satin scarf.

DOWN:
- Wash and condition same as above

- Apply Elasta QP Recovery as leave-in and finger comb. Then I work a small amount of Breakthru Heat Style Protecting Foam through my hair. I blow dry on a medium setting. Then I curl or flat iron on 7 or 8 setting. I usually roll it as I go to get the hair out of my way. After I’m finished curling, and before I comb it, I ALWAYS spray some kind of sheen on (right now, it's KeraCare) and rub Avon Dry Ends Serum through it. Both of these products prevent breakage from static. The Avon stuff also smells great! I recently started using Frizz Ease Secret Weapon styling cream daily for my ends.

- I wrap my hair every night, and sometimes use the Caruso rollers in the morning. I LOVE those things! I put both the KeraCare sheen and Avon Serum on before I comb it in the morning.

TRIMS:
- Never on a schedule, only when needed

RELAXER:
- Affirm Lye every 3 months

VITAMINS:

- Central-Vite Multi Vitamin with Antioxidants (1/day)
• overall health

- Kal Super Silica Plus, 400mg (1/day)
• hair growth rate, nail health

- Vitamin Shoppe Biotin, 5mg (1/day)
• hair growth rate, psoriasis, nail health

- Vitamin Shoppe MSM, 1000mg (2/day)
• hair health, allergies, joint health

- Vitamin Shoppe Evening Primrose Oil, 1300mg (1/day)
• EFA, psoriasis, cholesterol

- Nature's Bounty Combo Vitamin C &amp; E (1/day)
• C (500mg): antioxidant, boosts immune system, aids vitamin absorption
• E (400IU): antioxidant, boost immune system

- Vitamin Shoppe Pantothenic Acid/B5, 500mg (1/day)
• hair thickness, growth rate, acne

I take all of the supplements at once first thing in the morning with my protein shake. I haven't had any discomfort from doing it this way. I think everything that I take benefits my body in other ways in addition to my hair.

That's about it.</font>

silvergirl

i totally agree with the "less is more" plan, since ive stopped switching to every little thing, an just do what I know works for my hair, ive managed to retain all my growth potential for this year. All eight inches.

Congrats adrienne for reachin waist length!

QVEE

Adrienne, your hair is beatuiful. You are my inspiration. One day i will be where you are. Thanks for posting your regime. Keep it up.

OMG Im breathless. Your hair has grown so much Adrienne. It is gorgeous Congratulations. Im about to go search your regimes and follow it from start to finish. Just so lovely and healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said feature of the month for a second time is spot on!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's it?? I say make her feature of the year!!! Your hair is serious Adrienne. This is my tenth time in the post for one day. I already dipped my head in a tube a curl activator in your honor.

J

JenniferMD

[ QUOTE ]
Meinzzfuture said:
[ QUOTE ]
I already dipped my head in a tube a curl activator in your honor.

[/ QUOTE ]