Adore

Growingitlong

Mahogany, semi permanent in the white bottle. Any one have any experience with this color? Is it drying? How dark is it? Does this color mahogany appear black after it is done or iit brown?
What is your experience. I bought one cause I always wanted to try covering my greys and they were on sale. But this is my first time using color and I am 'scurred'.

KAddy

I have never used this specific color but I have used their color in crimson. Since it is semi-permanent you shouldn't be scared to use it as it is pretty safe to use. I didn't experience any dryness when I used the color.

VelvetRain

Well I tried this product two weeks ago and unfortunately it dried my hair out. I had to do some serious moisturizing treatments to get my hair back to normal. I also had a little breakage. Other ladies here have had good experiences with this product. Do a search and you will see. I will not use it again.

kim

This is a very gentle rinse. I have been using it for years. I think you will like it!

Growingitlong

OH my! I was hoping for a dark look, almost black brown. Thanks prettygrl. But what did you think of the Adore brand itself?

I guess I just have to go out and get me another. Any color reccommendations. I want black but not orient type black/blue that going to turn green. Jusst plain old black or a dar brown that looks black.

Thanks

Last edited:

lovelymissyoli

I’ve used Adore’s Mahagony rinse quite a few times. In fact, in my 2005 folder, in the January – May album you’ll see some pictures of the color when I got a press & curl. The pictures I have don’t really do the color justice, but you can still see the color. In fact, when I stepped outside, that’s when a lot of people commented on the color because that’s when rinses are at their best. I really like Adore rinses, and this particular color was my favorite.

To answer your question, IMO, none of the Adore rinses, or rinses in general are drying to my hair. If anything, they’re meant as a conditioning treatment --- with color of course! :) I say give it a try… good luck.
[font=&quot] [/font]

zora

The perfect color is Coffe Bean by Sebastians. That will give you a black color without going green.

prettygrl

Growingitlong said:
OH my! I was hoping for a dark look, almost black brown. Thanks prettygrl. But what did you think of the Adore brand itself?

I think the brand itsef is okay. I don't really see much of a difference btwn it and texture and tones or jazzings.

It never damaged my hair.

My preference would be colorshines.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I have tried Adore in cinnamon and it came out very nice with no problems. I am not sure if the mahogony color would make your hair dark. I have tried Sebastian colourshine in liquid amber too and my hair was a hot mess. (dry, tangled and my hair turned dark and black). I was so angry I threw away the bottle. I have also tried Textures and Tones in redish brown color and it was the best semi permanent color that I have used out of the three.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I've tried the mahogany rinse from adore. IMO it's a pretty good product. I didn't find the rinse to be drying and the color was a dark brown which was just what I was expecting. I'd use the product again

sugaplum

Star Shooter
BUMP I'm thinking of buying the ADORE in Raspberry Twist.

Anyone else used this product? Did you like it better then Jazzing?

beana

I've used adore in clear and it made my hair very shiny for about 2 weeks. I notice my hair breaks a lil more when i rinse it, so i've decided against using rinses.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I cant remember if I had breakage with this or not. I was still relaxed when I used it. I think it colored well but I think the it rubbed off some tho. I prefer the Adelle lights n brights (I think thats the name) that sally's carries. I always used the blue raven and plum rose colors. I dont know how well the browns show, but the blue and rose look awesome in daylight.

bluediamond0829

I used Adore for my last rinse and i didnt notice a difference maybe because i shouldve sat under a dryer with it or something...i used a medium red brown...I love Texture and tones...i had a bad experience with Jazzing rinse that really did alot of damage and i had alot of sores in my head left from it...it made my hair itch alot and also because of the color i think it was a wine color when i would scratch my scalp the color would be under my finger nails...yuck...so i quickly went back to using Texture and Tones...