Adding Oil to your relaxer

KeraQueen

Onward & Upwards
Calling all self-relaxers.....I'm about to relax tonight, but I just had a couple of questions....

Do any of you add oil to your relaxer before applying it? If yes, how much do you add? What are the benefits? Does too much reduce the strength of the relaxer?

All responses greatfully received!!! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif Thanks in advance.....

SherryLove

i know apoghee has an essential fatty acids oil that is supposed to achieve better results when relaxing the hair.. i am goind to try it my next relaxer.

The purest of grain oil extracts, E.F.A. contains all of nature's essential fatty acids. It is an unsurpassed facial oil, to cleanse, remove makeup and apply to dry skin areas. Also, this E.F.A. Oil Concentrate may be incorporated into perms, relaxers and color treatments to achieve better results with hair that is left healthy and luxurious.

atlien

[ QUOTE ]
i know apoghee has an essential fatty acids oil that is supposed to achieve better results when relaxing the hair.. i am goind to try it my next relaxer.

The purest of grain oil extracts, E.F.A. contains all of nature's essential fatty acids. It is an unsurpassed facial oil, to cleanse, remove makeup and apply to dry skin areas. Also, this E.F.A. Oil Concentrate may be incorporated into perms, relaxers and color treatments to achieve better results with hair that is left healthy and luxurious.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooo SHERRYLOVE thanks for this info /images/graemlins/up.gif. It's a getter!

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooo SHERRYLOVE thanks for this info /images/graemlins/up.gif. It's a getter!

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem....... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

KeraQueen

Onward & Upwards
SherryLove, Do you know what the instructions say about how much to add??

Keep us posted on your results when you DO use it?

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove, Do you know what the instructions say about how much to add??

Keep us posted on your results when you DO use it?

[/ QUOTE ]

nah... it's probably posted on the back of the bottle....i will definitely keep you posted..........

Keen

Oil is suppose to minimize relaxer's strenght. That's why you put it on your scalp before a relaxer: to prevent burn and to make sure the hair closest to the scalp don't over process. your body heat tend to increase the relaxing process, so oil minimize it. Be careful not to end up with texturized hair.