Shea Moisture Jbco Line

RUBY

Hey did y'all know that Shea Moisture have changed the ingredients to the mask and the leave in conditioner in the JBCO line? The new labels on the front have also changed and they are now have Strengthen and Restore wheres as before it was Strengthen, Grow & Restore.

Exhibit A

Old

New

Water, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter***, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Panthenol, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin (Vegetable), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil , Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Yeast Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Butylene Glycol, Niacin, Dextran, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Vinegar, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed

Exhibit B

Old

New

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerin (Vegetable), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Yeast Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Niacin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vinegar, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Dextran, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Caramel

What is up with this? I knew that Shea Moisture was "cancelled" because of that white washed ad they did but I didn't know about this change of ingredients. Now I need to stockpile the old formula of the masque because my hair loves it. #notimpressed #thisiswhyimaPJ #madstupid

I've just a quick mlook at Youtube and there are other products that they have changed the ingredients like the Yucca anti-breakage line. When they did this to the black soap line I thought it was a one off, but obviously not. PJs go and stock up before your favorite/ holy grail product is gone.

AgeinATL

What pisses me off is that they STAY trying to convince us that the ingredients haven't changed when there is PROOF that it has. They tried it with the purification mask. For a LONG time they tried to tell us that it was the same. Eventually, they had to admit it. And people STILL believe them when they say that they haven't changed formulas even when it is CLEAR as day. Shea Moisture is so slimy to me.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Well wont he do it!

I just tried the leave-in a few wash days ago and fell in love with the definition and softness it gave my coils. Homegirl was having an inner struggle because I know darn well Shea Moisture is cancelled. This just shows me I definitely can not be bothered. Ill use up my two jars and keep it moving chile.

jennex

I use the edge treatment in their jbco line. I wonder if they changed the ingredients in that too?

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I knew there was a reason the shelves in my local tar.get were bare. Probably want the shelves empty to bring in the new without any notice.