Who is adding Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor or other protein to their conditioners?

Pennefeather

In the last few months I have seen several threads where people mention that they are adding Aphogee to their deep conditioners, and I would like more information. I never thought of doing this because the label says to use no more than five minutes, and I worry that it might cause problems if left in longer. If you are adding Aphogee or another protein to your deep conditioner, I would like to know,

1. How much Aphogee are you adding, and what conditioner are you adding it to.
2. Do you use this with heat?
3. How long do you leave this on your hair?
4. How often do you do this?
5. What are the results?

Re: Who is adding Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor or other protein to their conditione

Pennefeather

I use to sometimes very early on but not any more when I was more in the experimental phase. (Early PJ'ism)

I use to use a couple drops of either Neutral Protein Filler or Hydrolyzed Keratin to a DC'er to make it like a Balancer (Moisture/Protein Combo).

And used it as I would any other DC'er with either Heat or Steam.

However, there are plenty Balanced Conditioners you can buy, for example: BeeMine, Elucence has a Moisture/Protein Balanced Conditioner, AO GPB is another Moisture/Protein Combo.

Hairveda has MoistPRO (name speaks for itself). And there are others.

So, I stopped doing that (it was very short-lived anyway) and just bought something that was already Formulated as a Combo of both Moisture & Protein.

But I still use the Hydrolyzed Keratin on occasion in a Spritz bottle on my Previously Relaxed Hair right before my T/U.

I never replaced the Neutral Protein Filler after I finised it, and I also used it to spray on previously relaxed hair before T'ing/Up.

I know PJaye uses it. Not sure how she uses it tho'?

Re: Who is adding Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor or other protein to their conditione

Pennefeather, here's a thread where this was kinda discussed. I have mixed aphogee 2 minute in conditioners but that was early on in my HHJ and I don't recall all the deets. Hopefully the linked thread will help you some.

Thanks, IdareT’sHair. I didn’t see the original tag (ironically, I just received a tag message that was sent days ago, but anywho…)

I use both the Neutral Protein Filler and the Aphogee 2-Minute in the same manner – I apply and allow them to process for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. Although I’ve never combined either of them with a DC, I have used both prior to DCing.

I use the Aphogee 2-Minute every wash day prior to DC'ing. I leave it on for 3 mins. rinse and then apply my DC. I agree with IDareT'sHair, there are so many options to get a moisture/protein balance I have not found it necessary to add Aphoghee to my DC's. However, early in my journey I did mix protein and moisture. I used Mizani's Kerfuse and Mizani's Hydrafuse and DC'd with both for 30 minutes using steam.

@Rozlewis

Yes there are a lot of Balanced Conditioners out there.

I forgot to mention others like Claudie's Normalizing as well and BM Bee-U-Ti-Ful.

I even think b.a.s.k. Whiskey is a little shot of Protein & Moisture.

So, there is no need for me to be playing Mixtress. It's best I leave that to the Experts Folks.

@PJaye

Thanks Lady!:grin:

Back