A Year Worth of Growth w/ MTG, Mega-Tek, JBCO, etc...

Ginsana

Thanks for posting this,OP. Every time I'm ready to give up my self imposed 1 year wig challenge( 9/10-9/11) I read inspiring posts like this.

YOU CAN DO IT!! YOU CAN DO IT!! :) Girrrrl, I understand how you feel though! Sometimes I wanna just pull my whole scalp off and throw it in the ocean! But you know what, every day one day at a time...and other ladies on here encourage me too so keep the faith :) thanks for reading!!

D.Lisha

Wow, that's some awesome growth right there :clap:
What I want to know is.....what's your SKIN regimen?
Like....your skin is flawlwess gurl :yep: I want mind to look like that! lol

discodumpling

Amazing progress especially from March through August. You have mixed some of our most effective growth aides with excellent results. Have there been any side effects? Headaches, scalp soreness, hair texture change (good or bad) hair colour change? Do tell!

Last edited:

Ginsana

Wow, that's some awesome growth right there :clap:
What I want to know is.....what's your SKIN regimen?
Like....your skin is flawlwess gurl :yep: I want mind to look like that! lol

LOL!! Ms. D. Lisha, I keep my skin regimen as simple as humanly possible! I cleanse my face with olive oil and baby wipes! Every night I rub a whole lot of olive oil all over my face, then I wipe it off with baby wipes (huggies, pampers...whatever brand is on sale!) lol!! Then I put some lemon juice on a cotton swab and pass it all over my face as a toner, put my moisturizer on (I like oil of olay, but whatever you prefer) and that's it! I think the lemon juice as toner has been really helpful cause I just started to do that this year and I can see that my face is actually even better than it was (and less oily...lol) than last year! :)

Ginsana

Amazing progress especially from March through August. You have mixed some of our most effective growth aides with excellent results. Have there been any side effects? Headaches, scalp soreness, hair texture change (good or bad) hair colour change? Do tell!

Thanks again for all the inspiring messages ladies! I appreciate them!! I feel so special!! lol!! Well, Ms. Discodumpling, to answer your question, I thought that if I would combine all those growth aides that not only my hair, but my entire head would fall off my neck...LOL!! But that wasn't the case...I had not one side effect...my hair grew in a bit thicker in my opinion, which is great for me because my hair is naturally fine. Other than that, no bad effects....oh wait, there is one....you smell like car tires and mechanic shops at night! LOL....but hey, small price to pay for some growth!! :)

Minty

I love it! Way to go.

Op since you've been relaxed before, how is your hair "different" this time under the new reggie? (are you relaxing the same as before, or has it changed, i.e. bone straight before and texlax now; or stretching)

I'm so happy for you.

favoured

OH EM GEE!!!!!! FIRST OFF, THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AWESOME LADIES FOR THE COMPLIMENTS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!! Yall are sooooo nice!! lol :) Ok, now to answer your question Favoured, I wear lacefronts without glue or tape, only the adjustable straps that it comes with in the back! In fact, if you go here to this link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=498710 I just posted a thread yesterday about this new curly lace front that I purchased on ebay! I love it!! ahhh!! In the thread I explained what I do to maintain the wigs and how I wear it and such, so you can check it out at your convenience, and if you have any questions, you can reply or PM me, I'm in front my computer all day long! lol.... Oh, as for my skintone, Thanks missy!! I actually cleanse my face with olive oil and baby wipes followed by lemon juice on a cotton swab as a toner, and that's it! I think the lemon juice has helped even out my skin tone because I only started using that as a toner in this year, so I guess you can see the difference in my skin in the photos too from 2009 to now! Thanks again!

Thanks a lot Ginsana! I'll pm you.

Solitude

Girl, this is one of the most amazing progress threads I've seen! Your hair looks super-healthy. I love it!

yardyspice

What do you wear under your wigs? I am wiggin' and weavin' and I am not seeing growth like yours. That's awesome lady!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Ginsana, can you please give the ratio of ingredients in your mix? I'd like to have a recipe to follow. Or you could send a bottle to me, that's fine, too. :^}

Thanks!

Imani

I'm at work and the pics won't show up, yet I'm sitting here pondering about mixing some stuff up! lol. I am usually scared of growth aids. I did get the nerve to use mtg at one point, and was using consistenly only in my trouble spot, and I do recall seeing results, but I stopped. Hmmm, yeah, maybe I will dabble in growth aids again.

congrats on ur progress! can't wait to c pics when I get home.

Ginsana

What do you wear under your wigs? I am wiggin' and weavin' and I am not seeing growth like yours. That's awesome lady!

lol!! I wear my hair in cornrows! :) I take them out every two weeks, wash and deep condition, and they go right back in the cornrows...I know I should probably wash it more often, but ummmm....ummmm...Ah, I have no excuse...lol..I'm lazy! :) You can look at the next thread I put up of the wigs I wear so you can see what I wear on top of my own hair! http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...d.php?t=498710 There's the link! :) And if you don't see it, it's called MY NEWEST BEST FRIEND IS ON MY HEAD! lol...

Ginsana

I love it! Way to go.

Op since you've been relaxed before, how is your hair "different" this time under the new reggie? (are you relaxing the same as before, or has it changed, i.e. bone straight before and texlax now; or stretching)

I'm so happy for you.

Thanks madame!! :) My hair to me is not much different under this new regimen. Prior to this, I wore my hair in human hair individual braids 80% of the time for growth and length retention...I just wanted to try lace wigs and see how they were...really and truly, I took a shot in the dark with keeping my hair braided and oiling up my scalp under the wigs, and lo and behold, I was able to retain MORE growth having my hair under the wigs than with the braids! I mean, don't get me wrong, braids (extensions) are awesome too...my mom does them for me, so I've never been to a shop ever in my life for that, and it had nothing to do with her method of how she was putting them in... I guess it's moreso the face that my hair is under even less manipulation just laying there under the wigs. This time when I got my hair relaxed ,I had my mom do it for me and I used the Organic Root Stimulator relaxer in regular...I had her do it because I was sick and tired of going to the salons to get my hair relaxed and it being underprocessed...so now, for the first time, my entire hair from root to tip was relaxed straight because my hair looks like it was still not relaxed at all...I'm finally happy with the relaxer results...Hope that answers your question!! :) thanks again...

Ginsana

Ginsana, can you please give the ratio of ingredients in your mix? I'd like to have a recipe to follow. Or you could send a bottle to me, that's fine, too. :^}

Thanks!

LMBO!! I'll PM you the ingredients AND I'll send you a bottle for freee!! Only cause you're super awesome! lol..Plus, I only had 2 extra bottles anyway! ahahhahaa.. so you got the second one! :) Stay tuned for a PM!

Ginsana

I'm at work and the pics won't show up, yet I'm sitting here pondering about mixing some stuff up! lol. I am usually scared of growth aids. I did get the nerve to use mtg at one point, and was using consistenly only in my trouble spot, and I do recall seeing results, but I stopped. Hmmm, yeah, maybe I will dabble in growth aids again.
Aw, sorry you can't see the pictures!! And don't be nervous to try the growth aids...the most that could happen is that you'll smell like tires and auto mechanic parts in the evening...LOL.... :)
congrats on ur progress! can't wait to c pics when I get home.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

No, you, Ginsana, are beyond awesome!

I can't wait for my pm and my delivery!!!

You make me want to get some more bronzer, chica, because your skin is tripping me out. I get compliments ALL THE TIME on my skin, but you got me beat! *kinda hating you now - kinda*

Krystle~Hime

Daaamn !!!
are you serious !!?? NL to almost APL in one year !!!!??? this is AAAAWESOME !!! so inspiring post !! thank you so much for sharing !!
i'm myself in Half Wig since 2 weeks, and i like how the way my hair is protected under. you makes me want to be very consistent and not giving up ! thank you so much !!!
(and i want the pm with the mixture ratio me too me tooooo :D !! )
it is so great !