A possible Surge alternative?? Check this out...

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Has anyone used the cream? Surge Ultra Max. It sounds like it may do the same thing that they spray does. Since they discontinued it, I wonder if using the cream may give good results as well?

Leshia

I don't know if others will chime in but I remember being terrified of the ingredients. I don't remember them being very good, to include mineral oil and the like and I'd prefer not to use something that thick...

BrooklynSouth

I have the Surge Max, still unused except for a little to my front edges to see what happens...it liquefies quickly; bought it when the Surge 14 left the shelves. I'm using something else {Frenchee} for a while so do not want to mix the products, maybe give it a trial run in September when the weather is cooler.

WomanlyCharm

I've tried it, it didn't impress me much.

I just didn't feel right on my scalp. I won't be buying it again.

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I've tried it, it didn't impress me much.

I just didn't feel right on my scalp. I won't be buying it again.

Thanks. I saw it at Texas Beauty Supplies and was about to order some, but wanted some opinions first. I don't think I'll be buying it anytime soon. I'm hoping they will bring Surge Hair Revitalizer back. I think we need to start a petition.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I don't know if others will chime in but I remember being terrified of the ingredients. I don't remember them being very good, to include mineral oil and the like and I'd prefer not to use something that thick...

Mineral oil?? Wow, thanks for telling me that. I really won't be buying it now. And I figured it would be a little thick. You'd have to use it like a grease, and I already have Sulfur 8 and LR, so I think I'll stay away from this product. Thanks for the input!!

BrooklynSouth

WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VEGETABLE OIL,STEARETH-20,CETYL ESTERS,STEARETH-10,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,STEARETH-2, DIMETHECONE,MUCCOPOLYSACCHARIDES, FRAGRANCE, ALOE VERA,TOCOPHEROL, LANOLIN OIL,JOJOBA OIL,DMDM HYDANTOIN,METH. PARABEN,FD&C BLUE#1 are the listings on my jar. The front states: NO WAX or PETROLATUM.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VEGETABLE OIL,STEARETH-20,CETYL ESTERS,STEARETH-10,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,STEARETH-2, DIMETHECONE,MUCCOPOLYSACCHARIDES, FRAGRANCE, ALOE VERA,TOCOPHEROL, LANOLIN OIL,JOJOBA OIL,DMDM HYDANTOIN,METH. PARABEN,FD&C BLUE#1 are the listings on my jar. The front states: NO WAX or PETROLATUM.

Those ingredients don't look too bad to me. I don't see any mineral oil listed in them, but I do see dimethicone. Hmmmmmm...........I still think I will hold off on buying this for a while. I am still hoping and praying that someone will bring the real Surge back, someday.

YoungWavey

Well couple of weeks ago i had brought 2 bottles of surge 14(i should have got the last one too:yep:) but anyway its a red ladel that says New Formula. Is it really discontinue or making a new formula?