Am I the only one who finds this strange?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Okay, we've all read the raves and reviews and endless success stories about Surge 14 (the spray). I'm sitting here looking at the last bottle of Surge I have left and I'm just wondering why this was the only product discontinued in their line. I mean, none of the other Surge products have been discontinued (at least not to my knowledge). When you try to search for the spray online, it will readily say "discontinued". None of the other products say that. Is there something wrong about that spray that the owners/makers are not conveying to the public? Is it possible that the formula may have contained harmful ingredients and so they yanked it from the shelves? We've all seen the threads where Surge is supposedly being "relaunched". Well, they've been "relaunching" since July!! Here it is October, and still no Surge. I know there are certain BSS around the country selling the last few bottles they have left, but I'm just curious as to why it was the only product from their line that was discontinued. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but I just wanted to post my thoughts to see if anyone else may have been feeling this way.

londonjakki

I totally agree..I was wondering the same thing....I've been to several bss in my neighborhood and they have the surge woogee cream, the lotion motion oil also the ultra max hair and scalp stimulant...but they all have the muccopolysaccharides ingredient(except the oil)........its strange indeed:yep:!!!!

You could be absolutely right or it may be a profit thing. Let's say that perhaps they saw how great of a seller it was and how in demand it was. So someone thinks hey lets take it away for a while build up the want for it and then give it back. Once it hits the market people will probably go crazy buying it up again because they are not sure when it will be snatched again.

It's kinda like when something goes on sale you buy more of it then you normally would just to get it before it goes off of sale. When in actuality you probably would have never gotten that many to begin with. Think about McDonalds when the 20 piece nuggets go on sale or better yet when they bring back the McRib thingy. People go nuts buying them because they don't know when they are gonna have the opportunity to buy that McRib again. For the rest of the year yeah MD makes no money off of it but they made a killing when it was out.

So it could be anything with these people. But you know I remember reading how some poeple say it burned their scalp or something. Do you know what I am referring to? So...who knows maybe you are right on with this one.

bellezanegra826

or maybe surge wasn't that safe and they decided to take it off the market before they get sued. i remember some ladies on here experiencing side effects and i was one of them. when i used surge it made my skin peel. I used it one day and the next day the skin around my hairline was peeling off. Did my hair grow with surge: NO! Experiences like mine may have made the company think twice about putting this stuff back out on the market, at least without reformulating it

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
or maybe surge wasn't that safe and they decided to take it off the market before they get sued. i remember some ladies on here experiencing side effects and i was one of them. when i used surge it made my skin peel. I used it one day and the next day the skin around my hairline was peeling off. Did my hair grow with surge: NO! Experiences like mine may have made the company think twice about putting this stuff back out on the market, at least without reformulating it

Yes, this is what I was hinting at. I remember reading here and on other hair boards about some people having some very strong, negative reactions from using Surge. I'm fortunate enough to not have had any of those negative side effects (at least not yet), but I can't say that it for sure made my hair grow either (was really inconsistent with the usage). My initial thoughts were that this stuff could have been formulated badly and caused some adverse reactions with some people. They could have fired off a bunch of complaints and the owners yanked it from the shelves to investigate it. If it was poorly forumulated, my only concern now is that I seriously hope and pray that it doesn't cause any long term health consequences from people who used it religiously (or people who even used it at all). Belle, I'm sorry this happened to you. I can say this though: again, if it was poorly formulated, then they most definitely will have a class action lawsuit on their hands, especially if none of this was conveyed to the public.