A New Henna Thread

c*c*chic*

Dang it. Lol. Ok. Welp I'm going to try the cassia and if I'm not satisfied I will just have to get over it and use henna. Tysm for ur help

HanaKuroi

c*c*chic* said:
Dang it. Lol. Ok. Welp I'm going to try the cassia and if I'm not satisfied I will just have to get over it and use henna. Tysm for ur help

I read somewhere about using it right away and in a gloss it wouldn't show color. I can't find the article right now.

Google "henna gloss" or henna without color

WendellaWoody

I hennaed yesterday after a 3 year hiatus due to a hectic life schedule!

Anyway, I used Jamila henna mixed with aloe vera juice and a touch of grapeseed oil. Mixed it up, let it sit for 12 hours, then added warm water to get the consistency right. Added some brahmi powder and aloe vera powder, and then applied. Left it on for 5 hours, then steamed with it in for 45 minutes. Then rinsed and DC...still DCing. Hair feels great, and so does my scalp!

I forgot how much I love to henna!

Aviah

LUSH Caca Noir for the life of me, cannot take this dark, faded, brownish red out of my hair. As for my roots, it does nothing. My hair feels good, conditioned. That's swell. What about my color?

WendellaWoody

This thread is awesome!! I've been lurking it for weeks, so now I'm glad to be a part of it!

Right now I'm henna-ing with Jamila henna mixed with aloe vera powder, brahmi powder and aloe vera juice. Going to leave it in for 6 hours, then rinse and do a DC.

Platinum

I haven't henna'd in a while and I just relaxed my hair a few days ago after being natural for over 2 years. I plan to start using Nupur again. I also plan to purchase indigo soon.

I love how henna kept my hair strong with less chance of breakage and awesome shine!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

greenandchic

Thinking about doing henna overnight on Monday. I have a package of Nupur to use and some leftover regular BAQ henna in the freezer. I really need to buy some indigo because I miss having super black hair...

Ogoma

Did a henna gloss today. I used a henna mix - Neha Herbal. I left it to release overnight, just before putting it on my hair, I mixed it with oil I had infused with coffee over the past 3 weeks and 2 full tablespoons of Goat yogurt. My hair turned out really well. It is strong, but not hard or feeling dry. I will continue to use this combination until I run out of the henna :yep:. I used a little shampoo on my scalp because despite co-washing it out, my scalp itches after a henna treatment, conditioned with CJ Smoothing Conditioner, and used CJ Curl Rehab as a leave-in. My scalp and hair are super happy right now. I twisted it up with soy butter and clipped the ends. Long, but productive hair day.,

I like the combination. I will use up the last two packs the exact same way.

Ogoma

Thinking about doing henna overnight on Monday. I have a package of Nupur to use and some leftover regular BAQ henna in the freezer. I really need to buy some indigo because I miss having super black hair...

I have two packs of the henna mix left and once I am done the last one in November, I am going to look into dyeing my hair jet black. I love black hair. I always thought henna will not make black hair red, but I can see the dusty red on my strands and will like them gone. I am tempted to throw out the last few packs, but I credit ayurvedic treatments with keeping my hair healthy so I will use them up.

greenandchic

I have two packs of the henna mix left and once I am done the last one in November, I am going to look into dyeing my hair jet black. I love black hair. I always thought henna will not make black hair red, but I can see the dusty red on my strands and will like them gone. I am tempted to throw out the last few packs, but I credit ayurvedic treatments with keeping my hair healthy so I will use them up.

I know what you mean. People claim you cant see the color on dark hair, but I can see the red every time I go out into the sun. I wonder how safe it would be to use black dye and henna at the same time.

WendellaWoody

Checking in...

Hair feels GREAT! rinsed out henna with V05, then did a DC under steamer then left it in over night. The next day rinsed out the DC, and washed scalp with a no-poo shampoo since it was a little itchy from the build-up of condish. afterward, dried hair with towel, then put more v05. hopped back in shower and poured stablizer plus to seal cuticle with the condish still on hair. turned out very soft and conditioned. then detangled, which was a breeze, and roller set under dryer with setting on cool. hair turned out great and loves henna! so smooth and soft and strong! and very shiny too! LOVE IT!!!

Aggie

Just henna'ed and indigo'ed my hair today (2 step treatment) with Karishma henna and Ayurnaturalbeauty Indigo. Currently deep conditioning with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream. Myh iar feels strong but a little hard right now but will wait until I wash out the SD VSC and see how it feels then.

Ladies, ayurnaturalbeauty.com is closed now and Ekua is no longer co-owner so is there anywhere else you're purchasing your indigo online at a reasonable cost? I NEED indigo to keep these crazy gray strands dark/black!

greenandchic

Just henna'ed and indigo'ed my hair today (2 step treatment) with Karishma henna and Ayurnaturalbeauty Indigo. Currently deep conditioning with Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream. Myh iar feels strong but a little hard right now but will wait until I wash out the SD VSC and see how it feels then.

Ladies, ayurnaturalbeauty.com is closed now and Ekua is no longer co-owner so is there anywhere else you're purchasing your indigo online at a reasonable cost? I NEED indigo to keep these crazy gray strands dark/black!

They look like they're still open...http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/henna-hair-color/

greenandchic

Doing an overnight henna gloss treatment now. I mixed conditioner (this Italian brand I got super cheap from Ross - the ingredients looked good) melted cocoa butter and coconut oil. I heard cocoa butter helps the henna to cling/penetrate the hair, but we'll see. I hope its not hard to rinse out in the morning but the mix was super glossy so I hope that helps...

HanaKuroi

DarkJoy I used henna with plain distilled water. Wow! it was easier going on. I feel it covered my strands better. I have been doing my henna wrong the last sevenor so times.

On cn she said color released very quickly. She said something like an hour or two. I always do te hand stain. I got stain so I figured she was right. You get some color but you still need to wait six hours or so.

I waited and had great coverage but more importantly my hair feels different. I think for the strengthening you have to get color release.

I used jamila correctly in the past and waited overnight and my hair felt the same as it does now. I was beginningto think it was this crop of henna.

I used your smoothing technique and it seems like it is working. I will henna this Friday and concentrate on smoothing throughout the process. The back seems looser. I also pulled the hair from the back forward and the hair in the front went down the sides on my head to the back.

Also, plain henna and water are less messy when applying when compared to my mix of coconut milk and marshmallow root tea. The plain mix is smoother like a dc.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Ha! HanaKuroi--I knew the straightening was in the smoothing. Woohoo! Soooooo glad it worked for you for that as well as ease of application and result using only water. Also, didn't realize that color release and the stengthening were related. Good to know. Thanks!

Dang. You make me wanna henna this weekend. There's some left over in the freezer from the last application that's just enough for one more. Hmmm

Maybe to loosen the. Sides I will try smoothing in a wrap like in my relaxer days...that may work! Should be easy and low mess with a twa.

HanaKuroi said:
DarkJoy I used henna with plain distilled water. Wow! it was easier going on. I feel it covered my strands better. I have been doing my henna wrong the last sevenor so times.

On cn she said color released very quickly. She said something like an hour or two. I always do te hand stain. I got stain so I figured she was right. You get some color but you still need to wait six hours or so.

I waited and had great coverage but more importantly my hair feels different. I think for the strengthening you have to get color release.

I used jamila correctly in the past and waited overnight and my hair felt the same as it does now. I was beginningto think it was this crop of henna.

I used your smoothing technique and it seems like it is working. I will henna this Friday and concentrate on smoothing throughout the process. The back seems looser. I also pulled the hair from the back forward and the hair in the front went down the sides on my head to the back.

Also, plain henna and water are less messy when applying when compared to my mix of coconut milk and marshmallow root tea. The plain mix is smoother like a dc.

HanaKuroi

DarkJoy yup. Color deposit and stengthening are related according to my unscientific, unintentional experiment.

I am mad I wasted all those boxes. I can't wait to henna again.

My first henna story: so I mixed 100g Moroccan henna with water set for one hour for dye release. mixed 25g indigo with water, mixed into the henna applied to dirty unwashed hair wrapped and shower cap turban then shower cap. Left it in for about six hours and then filled the kitchen sink with hot water and a squirt of hello hydration conditioner. Dunked my head, carefully squeezed an rinsed out the paste. Wrapped in old towel, went to shower where I cowashed twice, then biolage ultra hydrating balm then final rinse with roux porosity control. First pic is immediately after drying. Second pic is after 5d. I only mixed my henna and indigo with plain warm tap water. I applied with a disposable pastry bag. I think I'll keep doing this. My hair feels soft and strong.

Attachments

• image-2825521623.jpg
    image-2825521623.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2416745666.jpg
    image-2416745666.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

shortt29

hair4romheaven said:
Thinking about applying my henna mix on Saturday. Should I wash my hair first?

I wash my hair the night before and air dry it in 4 braids over night. When I'm ready to apply the henna the next day, my hair is already in four sections so it is easy to apply. I unbraid each section and mist lightly with water so that it is damp and apply henna in sections

greenandchic

Thinking about applying my henna mix on Saturday. Should I wash my hair first?

I always wash my hair before hennaing, mainly because I usually have some sort of butter/oil on it. I want to give my hair the chance to absorb as much of the henna as possible. I'm I'm committing hours to do this, I want to make sure I get it right.