A New Henna Thread

tajaun

[QUOTE=nzeee;14801191
I broke my 9mth henna hiatus with it last week and it was amazing. rinseout was easy (as ever, i've used it before) and the feel of my hair was so..

How often do you use it?

nzeee

tajaun well... in the last nine months i henna'd just once :look:

but prior to that i was doing it 1-2 times per week for about 3mths... don't remember all the brands i tried back then.

tomorrow will be Henna Friday and i'll be using Nupur again until my stash of 8 is done. It's really great and I encourage you to try it (mind you... my hair is dark so i don't have a risk of unintentionally dying my hair so if you have brown hair or lighter you should strand-test before using).

nikkibrown

^^

nikkibrown you must love that site A LOT. of all your 8 posts since joining this month, most of them drive back to that same place.

interesting...

Yes i do like it alot! they have a lot of sales and i like a good deal! do you have a problem with that!

HauteHippie

tajaun ok lady (and everyone else), here's the breakdown. Nupur is SICK. it's awesome and i love it and it's the only henna i'll ever use cuz it works for me much better than henna only (even jamila which i've tried). i've experienced the 'amazing curl loosening' powers of henna and it's not fun. i've also experienced the awesome dryness of henna, and that is equally (if not less) fun. so with Nupur i stay.

I broke my 9mth henna hiatus with it last week and it was amazing. rinseout was easy (as ever, i've used it before) and the feel of my hair was so... it was soft, felt 'strong' and hung longer w/out making the not so tightly curly parts of my hair unsightly and limp. i'm totally inlove and have 8 packs left. i'll be doing weekly treatments until they're done so they won't remain for too long. it was 2.99CAD at my local indian shoppe so no biggie in terms of price. anyhoo, onto the meat of the matter:

Nupur is 100% natural mehendi, or henna. the primary difference between this and the premium or BAQ henna is that since Nupur is for hair only it's likely not the primo henna that is used to make it. nor is it likely to be as fresh as the other stuff. my pack says it was packaged january '11 and will last until december '13.

The Ingredients (in order listed on pack):
Henna
Aloe Vera leaf for moisture and softness
Neem fights scalp infection and prevents dandruf
Brahmi to provide not only stronger roots, but also thicker hair and relief from itchy scalps. promotes hair growth.
Bhringraj used for treating hair loss, improving hair texture, and to stop premature balding and graying and various skin allergies
Amla provides added strength to hair roots, brings luster to hair, encourages hair growth, and addresses premature greying (combined with henna it darkens colour and preserves curl)
Shikakai has anti-dandruff properties and is known to aid with detangling of hair. will also promote a healthy scalp and stronger roots.
Jatamansi prevents graying of hair

hope this helps ;)

Yaaay! I just bought Nupur (along with Henna and Indigo). I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Will it dye my hair alone? I'm trying not to alter my hair color.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

HauteHippie

tajaun well... in the last nine months i henna'd just once :look:

but prior to that i was doing it 1-2 times per week for about 3mths... don't remember all the brands i tried back then.

tomorrow will be Henna Friday and i'll be using Nupur again until my stash of 8 is done. It's really great and I encourage you to try it (mind you... my hair is dark so i don't have a risk of unintentionally dying my hair so if you have brown hair or lighter you should strand-test before using).

Ohhhh... I'm late. :)

classoohfive

Yes i do like it alot! they have a lot of sales and i like a good deal! do you have a problem with that!

I've been on these henna threads for a while waiting for a good sale so I can stock up and now I feel like you're teasing me. I really want my henna but not from there. :look: :lol:

nzeee

Yaaay! I just bought Nupur (along with Henna and Indigo). I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Will it dye my hair alone? I'm trying not to alter my hair color.

HauteHippie to be clear: Nupur IS Henna. so you don't need to add Henna to your Henna :lol:

I know you saw my other comment about colour and strand testing, but i think it's also important to say that most of the conditioning properties of Henna comes once the dye has released. if you're truly against any colour at all then perhaps try Cassia mixed with Amla. the effects won't be as intense and won't last as long but there'd be no chance of changing your hair colour (colour effects of Cassia can only be seen on blondes).

Last edited:

HauteHippie

HauteHippie to be clear: Nupur IS Henna. so you don't need to add Henna to your Henna :lol:

I know you saw my other comment about colour and strand testing, but i think it's also important to say that most of the conditioning properties of Henna comes once the dye has released. if you're truly against any colour at all then perhaps try Cassia mixed with Amla. the effects won't be as intense and won't last as long but there'd be noy chance of changing your hair colour (colour effects of Cassia can only be seen on blondes).

Thanks for the clarification, @Nzee! There's an Indian market nearby, so I'll see if they have it.

nikkibrown

I use Jamila 2011 henna BAQ it was very nice. I henna my hair when it is wet and clean so that the henna molecules can better penetrate the hair! Because the henna does need to penetrate the hair, the build up from week old hair might cause a hinder... i think.... lol sounds good :)

Shadiyah

All this talk about nupur made me go and buy some just to see how it would do on my hair. I only henna once a month so it should be here for my next treatment in a few weeks. I have only used BAQ from mehandi.com and the last 500g I brought the lawsone was too low and I cannot wait to get rid of it. I love for my hair to be dark burgundy and this one is messing up my streaks at the roots so my color is not uniformed.

But I will report on how much I like the nupur or don't like once it gets here.

Aggie

I bought some Nupur herbal henna from ayurnaturalbeauty.com 2 days ago at 20% off so I can't wait to try it myself. I will not be using it until next year during my next henna treatemtn session but today I will be using Karishma herbal henna. My hair needs color ....BAD!

Shadiyah

Aggie I use that website for all my other needs and I purchase the nupur from them ayurnaturalbeauty.com and I didn't know they were still having 20% off. please tell me the code.

Shadiyah

@Aggie thanks I am going to see if it still works.

Aggie well there is no option for me to put in the coupon code. So I guess the sale is over. They usually send me a email with sales I don't remember seeing it this time.

Last edited:

Shadiyah

@Aggie thanks I am going to see if it still works.

@Aggie well there is no option for me to put in the coupon code. So I guess the sale is over. They usually send me a email with sales I don't remember seeing it this time.

Aggie ok I got to use that code when placing another order today. i did get the email but I didn't pay any mind to it on friday.

Aggie

@Aggie thanks they have it all out of the way away from the order like they are hoping you can't find it.
:lachen:I know right. I thought the same thing myself when I realized it was in the top left corner of the check out screen. Usually it is somewhere at the bottom or just above the c/o screen.

ImFree27

I haven't posted in this thread or henna for a few years now, I was just browsing the thread and everybody is raving about how good their hair came out, but with no pics :(

HauteHippie

I got lazy and just henna'd with the Nupur I had. It dud make my hair darker, but I'm kind of like Eh, Whatev about the color. I prefer it to a bright red. It's subtle and I think it'll fade with the sun. Nupur has Alma and Indigo in it, so I figured there would be some darkening. If I henna in January, I'll use the little box of Jamilla I have and just do a short henna gloss.

classoohfive

I received my AyurNatural Beauty order yesterday. :) I'm stocked up and then some. Now I just have to find time to use it, lol.

I'm going to do a full head treatment again since my white strands didn't get dark enough. The first time I did my henna treatment I rubbed a bit of coconut oil on my hair, this time I have Dabur Vatika DC hot oil treatment I might do before or after. Can't wait to try it. After this I'll probably only do touch ups for new growth and the occasional gloss. I'll see what happens after this next application.

Shadiyah

I got lazy and just henna'd with the Nupur I had. It dud make my hair darker, but I'm kind of like Eh, Whatev about the color. I prefer it to a bright red. It's subtle and I think it'll fade with the sun. Nupur has Alma and Indigo in it, so I figured there would be some darkening. If I henna in January, I'll use the little box of Jamilla I have and just do a short henna gloss.

HauteHippie I just read your post again and I see that you say how nupur has indigo in it and do you mean that you put indigo in your batch? because what I purchased doesn't have indigo in it.

Shadiyah

I received my AyurNatural Beauty order yesterday. :) I'm stocked up and then some. Now I just have to find time to use it, lol.

I'm going to do a full head treatment again since my white strands didn't get dark enough. The first time I did my henna treatment I rubbed a bit of coconut oil on my hair, this time I have Dabur Vatika DC hot oil treatment I might do before or after. Can't wait to try it. After this I'll probably only do touch ups for new growth and the occasional gloss. I'll see what happens after this next application.

I find that doing the whole head all the time makes your hair darker and darker because the more you do henna the darker it gets because it overlays. I use henna on my nails all the time and to get them darker I have to rinse and keep applying it for the shape I want my nails to be same with the hair.

Shadiyah

Ok I am sitting with my first ever nupur treatment and I will be back later to tell you how it turns out for me