A New Henna Thread

Like your recipe, yes I used Nupur it was great , but the store was out. Rashma came out great as well thanks

I used to use Reshma with great results but now I use Nupur and luv it even more. It has tons of the conditioning ayurvedic herbs already added to it like amla, bringhraj, shikakai, arithra, hibiscus, etc. I buy my henna from local Indian groceries.

I was doing full henna treatments but my hair was getting too thick so now I'm back to henna glosses. I use henna every 1-2 months. It has done nothing but great things for my hair. I'm a lifetime user. :D

My fav full henna treatment recipe:
* 1 cup (depends on how much hair you have) henna
* coconut milk (till pudding consistency is achieved)
* 1 tbsp EVOO and/or coconut oil
* quick squirt of honey
This was extremely conditioning and had my hair feeling like silk and my curls would be POPPIN. The dye releases pretty fast with both hennas I listed. I don't care about color so I use immediately after mixing. If I have any leftover, I freeze till my next use.

My henna gloss recipe:
* 2 tbsp henna
* water (till a paste consistency)
* conditioner or coconut milk - I'm experimenting with both one to see which one I like better. I add enough till the mix becomes creamy
* 1 tsp grapeseed oil
* quick squirt of honey

This mix is lighter and I get just as good results without the thickening.

Zawaj

I just mixed my henna! I used Earl Grey tea :look: and honey! I oiled my hair last night for a pre-poo but my hair drank it all! There literally was no oil residue today when I touched it. I put a little more oil on tonight and I will henna after prayer service tomorrow. I plan to then deep condition overnight :yep:!

Zawaj

Sitting with henna on my hair now! The dye release judging from my hand is quite nice. I'm planning to deep condition overnight to combat post-henna dryness!

apemay1969

I want to henna/indigo my husbands hair and moustache/beard. Is it safe to use near his mouth?

I feel dumb asking because it's know it's not poisonous but he made me ask you guys. :lachen: He trusts the LHCF bunch.:lachen::lachen:

baddison

natural for good
I want to henna/indigo my husbands hair and moustache/beard. Is it safe to use near his mouth?

I feel dumb asking because it's know it's not poisonous but he made me ask you guys. :lachen: He trusts the LHCF bunch.:lachen::lachen:

Wow...really?!? When the indigo wears off, is he gonna be OK with red whiskers??? LOL!!:grin:

MelodicVessel

I just mixed my henna! I used Earl Grey tea :look: and honey! I oiled my hair last night for a pre-poo but my hair drank it all! There literally was no oil residue today when I touched it. I put a little more oil on tonight and I will henna after prayer service tomorrow. I plan to then deep condition overnight :yep:!

I just did a henna/indigo treatment and now I'm deep conditioning overnight. I love how this safely covers my white (not gray, WHITE) hairs!

Tiye

Hello I just started henna back again , I purchased rajasthani from the Indina store , I usually get NUPRE but they were out. I add my conditioner , alma oil , coconut oil, and two other oil. My question have anyone used this brand rajasthani. My hair is finally growing so I dont want any set back. Please give me a review on this brand , I did check internet I did not find any bad review . Thanks

^^ Yes - I mostly use this brand. I pick up a few packs every time I go to the Indian market coz I like to keep it in stock. It's finely sifted, makes a nice smooth paste that is easy to rinse out and overall works well. I believe it also has a date packed on it so you know how fresh it is which is good. You shouldn't have any problems.

Platinum

Hey Zawaj!:wave: How did your Henna treatment work for you? I'm thinking about Henna'ing this weekend. I'm not really concerned about the coloring, I like to Henna for strength and conditioning.:yep: I may try to use Reshma this time.

Minty

Hey girls, I'm back on henna....we broke up, but I got over my issues with it. I'm ordering from Henna Souq. Any suggestions? Using I get what I need in the neighborhood so this is another experience for me.

ZkittyKurls

hey ladies, just lurking with a few questions...which brand of henna gives off a deeper/brighter red highlight? (hope that wasnt a contradiction):perplexed. and i am transitioning and my hair is thick so will it become more thicker?...will it become thicker after multiple uses?like from this:afropick: to this :afro:...has anyone done it on thick hair and found the thickness to be unbarable?...and lastly, does the curl loosening effect depend on the hair texture or does it just completely varies? thank you. ive tried searching through the thread but may have overlooked a few pgs.

dollface0023

Hey, I tried to look up this info with no results....Do they have a henna that lightens hair? Or gives the hair a kind of honey colored highlight?

Platinum

Henna'ing today with Reshma. I only used the henna, nettle tea and chamomile tea mixed, olive oil, about 10 drops of Rosemary oil and 10 drops of Peppermint oil. I didn't wait for the color to release and I will probably keep it in for a few hours.

This my first time henna'ing as a natural and my first time using Reshma. I usually use Jamila or Nupur.

frizzy

I'm doing a hendigo right now. My red cellophane was a big fail last week. I ended up with 1/2 inch of red roots and black hair. The red did not show on the lenghth at all.

Duchesse

I tried henna at five months post and my thick hair did seem less tangled. However, I'm not sure if the henna made it less tangled or the new products.

I looked in your fotki, your hair is so pretty!

I haven't hennaed in almost 8 months...time to go back.

Guitarhero

Since I don't have any separate Indigo to blacken my hair after henna, could I put in Surya to get the same black effects? I mixed the Indigo powder with the henna a few months ago and I'm tired of reddish hair, which is my natural color scheme anyway. I want black locs right now. Would the henna make the Surya stick better? I'm trying to cover some edge greys.

Khadija.D.Carryl

you probably could but be careful with it, as it's already pre-mixed right? It's chemically based then? you can do a hair strand test to be 100% sure.

rastapretty

Ok .... I have intended to put henna in my hair so about 2-3 months ago I mix it and decided to wait for color release ... but unfortunatly i got caught and never got the chance to apply to my hair. Its been seating in my fridge ever since :ohwell: .... can i apply to my hair now or is it no good?
:wallbash:

Nasdaq_Diva

Ok .... I have intended to put henna in my hair so about 2-3 months ago I mix it and decided to wait for color release ... but unfortunatly i got caught and never got the chance to apply to my hair. Its been seating in my fridge ever since :ohwell: .... can i apply to my hair now or is it no good?
:wallbash:
I wouldn't use it. Now, if it was in the freezer..then yeah you would've been good to go.

rastapretty

I will go ahead and throw it out ... just went to my local Indian store to get some new powders, just in case. Lesson learned. I wouldn't definitely freeze next time I don't use it in time.
I wouldn't use it. Now, if it was in the freezer..then yeah you would've been good to go.

Nasdaq_Diva

So, I used Reshma henna for the first time last night. I left it covered overnight (12+hrs) and applied last night around 12am! Around 11am, I rinsed out and I can barely see any red. My curl pattern looks very loosened too (not to happy about that).

Co-washed with Suave Mint/Rosemary and now I'm DC's with AOHSR.

This is my first time using a henna other than my beloved Karishma..Karishma wins...hands down!

Platinum

So, I used Reshma henna for the first time last night. I left it covered overnight (12+hrs) and applied last night around 12am! Around 11am, I rinsed out and I can barely see any red. My curl pattern looks very loosened too (not to happy about that).

Co-washed with Suave Mint/Rosemary and now I'm DC's with AOHSR.

This is my first time using a henna other than my beloved Karishma..Karishma wins...hands down!

I haven't been able to find Karishma in my area. I may have to asked the Indian store that I buy my Ayurvedic stuff to order it for me. I usually get more "red" when I use Jamila henna. I think Reshma works for me because I've haven't been wanting red lately.

I noticed that with Reshma, my grays are an Auburn whereas, Jamila would make them a red/burgundy color.

godzooki

Question, guys.

I'm due for another henna/indigo treatment but I'm also due for a touch up. Should I do the henna/indigo first or go on and do the touch up first? How long of a wait between the two would you advise?

Also, I'm ready to change relaxers because I did not like the way the last one (Dr. Miracle) left my hair feeling. Too Hard and stiff. This was before I hennaed so that was not a factor in the difference. I've since hennaed/indigoed twice with great results as far as the health of my hair and I'm now 12 wks post relaxer. Is there a good relaxer brand that you henna/indigo users prefer? I don't want to use Dr. Miracle again.

Ok, one more question since I'm here...My hair still "bleeds" a bit of color when I wash (squeeze the hair strands). Is this normal? I'm not staining my pillowcases or anything but I do notice slight color bleed in the water when I wash my hair and I've noticed some of my grays have gone from the indigo black to the slight coppery red from the henna...Is it normal to bleed color from a henna/indigo for so long? I did my last one about 4 weeks ago. It was actually my 2nd henna/indigo. My first one, I mixed the two together thinking I'd get brown and the indigo color was nil. My grays were bright henna red! The second one I did I kept it in a 2 step and had much better success with my grays turning black...Or at least for a while.

Thank you for your input and help!