A mistake I've made and learned from......

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
A mistake I\'ve made and learned from......

I am taking MSM and I usually relax with Vitale Sensitive scalp. Not sure if it was a mixture of both, or one more than the other, but the last time I relaxed, my hair came out too too straight and thin at the roots. Here's what I think I did wrong

1- I used to leave my relaxer on for 20 minutes. MSM has changed my 3C/4A hair to more like a 3B texture and those same 20 minutes have caused it to now straighten too much.
LESSON LEARNED - Since the hair is softer, it needs less time to get straight!

2 - Vitale Sensitive scalp relaxer is excellent and doesn't scab me out, but having used Gentle Treatment and Botanicals for so long, I got to used knowing that when it stung, it was time to rinse and wash. With this new perm its not so.
LESSON LEARNED - Watch the clock!! The burning signal with this relaxer is not the same as those. By the time this one starts to burn, its been on too long.

So from now on, I know my hair would need less time to relax because the relaxer is a better one and my hair is softer.
crazy.gif

Re: A mistake I\'ve made and learned from......

No problem. Did you ever recieve those coupons. I forget.

Yeah I did! I put a post up shouting out to all my hair buddies here but it got moved to the OT board. I mentioned the coupons and you in that post. I hate you didn't see it.

Thanks again for the coupons!

Thanks for posting. I'll be touching up this weekend and I too have noticed a slight texture change with the MSM. I'll be sure to adjust my timing too
smile.gif

sorry to hijack but could you tell me...
what kind of msm and how much of have you ladies been taking?
also, did you get acne or any other negative side effects?

Oh good! I was scared that you didn't get them.
No problem!
wink.gif

I take vitamin shoppe 1000mg capsules now. No real acne, but thats part of detoxing so it may happen.

Good advice. Thanks for allowing us to learn from your mistake.

Back