A Flat Iron that won't lead to breakage? I might have found it.

Christelyn

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Paul Mitchell Express Pro flat iron after I "field tested" it at the Trade Secrets salon at the mall. Here's few things I noticed:

1. I only had to run the iron through 2-3 times to get my 4a hair straight
  2. which my old ISO iron, humidity was not my friend. This iron completely seals the cuticle, give great shine, and doesn't get puffy, even after a week
  3. My ends feel smooth, which is really unusual after I flat iron. They don't feel crispy either.
  4. I notice WAY less breakage
  5. Because of the silicone on the ceramic plates, the roots get really straight so I don't have to use the pressing comb as backup
  6. It has eliminated my need to use a pressing comb AT ALL.

I haven't heard a lot about this iron--everyone seems to have a Chi, Maxiglide or Sedu. But I just have to share because we're all so concerned about breakage, and what I saw (or didn't see) on my shirt after I ironed was motivation for me to spread the word.

Yes, those plates look nice. I really believe that damage from flat irons is all about how high the temperature is and the plates of the flat iron. Design Essentials has something similar with their phusion flat iron that works wonders and is the same price.

It's funny that I never really considered how the heat source, and how well the appliance maintains it's temperature and the quality of the plates make a difference. It's almost like your hair can't afford to have a cheep iron. I'll never do it again. Lesson learned.

The only thing I wish it had is those guide lines that I love on my Maxiglide. I'm texlaxed, but I have a lot of 4a/b texture left in my hair and I love those guide lines at the top of the MG. I don't use the teeth, just the guide lines and get great results. However, I'm in the market for a new flat iron. I need one that I can style my hair with. I currently use the MG for straightening.

The only thing I wish it had is those guide lines that I love on my Maxiglide. I'm texlaxed, but I have a lot of 4a/b texture left in my hair and I love those guide lines at the top of the MG. I don't use the teeth, just the guide lines and get great results. However, I'm in the market for a new flat iron. I need one that I can style my hair with. I currently use the MG for straightening.

Well because this product is so expensive, I would test it out first to see how you like it. The girls at Trade Secret were more than happy to let me test the Paul Mitchell in their salon before I laid down the bucks. I really appreciated that.

Oh, I forget to mention--the Paul Mitchell also curls and flips great.

Back