A dirty mirror+3 months+touch up=progress pic

shtow

Remember when I cut my BSL hair 3 months ago? http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=419222&highlight=

Well here is a progress pic, it's not much:look: but I'd say it's ok for only 3 months.

P1231914.jpg

My stylist gave me a very minor dust. My hair is cut in a V and is uncombed so that's why it looks like that. It's so hard taking a progress pic by yourself, I tried over and over so this is it! :lachen:

Also, my ends are a little frizzy, they got a little wet from when I went out dancing last night :look:.
Just wanted to share!

What is your secret???
Beautiful hair!

Thanks!

At the time my reggie was wash and condition every 2 weeks (I didn't DC). Dry under the pibbs until almost dry, blow dry, flat iron with Chi. I use serum in between washes. I think the fish oil I was taking may have helped but I know for a fact my ends favor serums. When I use oil they start snagging on each other. I think the serum protects them better.

I'm going back to washing once a week tho because my scalp started to feel icky so since I'll be manipulating more, I'll go back to DCing probably.

Looks gorgeous! I thought you were transitioning though?

Thank you!
I give up at three months every time :lachen: I actually could have stretched a little longer, I think the fish oil made my hair much softer so this stretch was very easy. I'm happy being relaxed because detangling is such a chore for me and I am too impatient.

Great progress! Nice and full. Was it just the stretch or did you change your regi to grow it like this in three months?

Great progress! Nice and full. Was it just the stretch or did you change your regi to grow it like this in three months?

Thank you!

I have always stretched 10-12 weeks because I didn't see the need in relaxing any sooner. I have been taking fish oil and using serum instead of oil, which causes my hair to snag. I think this combo helped :yep:

Thank you!
I give up at three months every time :lachen: I actually could have stretched a little longer, I think the fish oil made my hair much softer so this stretch was very easy. I'm happy being relaxed because detangling is such a chore for me and I am too impatient.

I know exactly what you mean. :lachen:I really want to transition and I've made it pretty far but I'm lazy and tenderheaded that creamy crack is just callin' my NAME!!

Thanks!

At the time my reggie was wash and condition every 2 weeks (I didn't DC). Dry under the pibbs until almost dry, blow dry, flat iron with Chi. I use serum in between washes. I think the fish oil I was taking may have helped but I know for a fact my ends favor serums. When I use oil they start snagging on each other. I think the serum protects them better.

I'm going back to washing once a week tho because my scalp started to feel icky so since I'll be manipulating more, I'll go back to DCing probably.
I think i'm confused about this part :look:
So you are using serums throughout the week in between washes to keep your hair in check? I'm kind of embarrased to mention what else I thought you might have meant. Clarification please :yep:

I think i'm confused about this part :look:
So you are using serums throughout the week in between washes to keep your hair in check? I'm kind of embarrased to mention what else I thought you might have meant. Clarification please :yep:

That's exactly what I meant :lachen:What did you think I meant? You can PM me, I wana laugh lol

I don't use water based moisturizers because I wear my hair straight. I tried oils and butters over and over and each time when I use them my ends start to snag on each other and snap. When I use serum, my ends stay smooth, so I guess that helps me retain length. I look at serums like almost using a polish to cover and protect your nails, if that makes sense.

Sooooo shtow...you attempting transitioning anytime soon

keep me posted because I might be looking for a buddy within the next year or so. I already have one potential buddy but more would always be nice :look:

Back