8 inches of growth so far this year!

MysteryMermaid

So I just posted in a thread measuring growth by inches. Based on inches, it seemed that I must've grown 7-8 inches, guestimating the starting inches of starting length.QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ms. NJoy.... I've been lurking for over a year and I never ever really needed to sign up!! But nobody has asked you what I need to know, so I had to sign up now! lol

OK...

So throughout this year of retaining 8 gorgeous inches, please tell me--

Q1-Did you trim?

Q2- If you did trim, how much did you trim throughout this- I guess, 12 month (Q4- this is 12 months of growth, right??) - period?

Q3- If you did NOT trim--
So, your ends have not split this whole year, for REAL!?

'cause Wanakee gave me split end anxiety to trim before the possiblility of a split.
---------------

I'm impressed with your hair. :drunk:

Mostly because I hate being hype about seeing great progress, and then seeing a chick REALLY gain 2 inches and then have like 4 strings of hair hanging 6 more inches...and I'm like child GTFOOH and please cut that unflattering mess. :nono:
------------------

gadgetdiva

OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm in love w/ your hair growth!!

So I just posted in a thread measuring growth by inches. Based on inches, it seemed that I must've grown 7-8 inches, guestimating the starting inches of starting length.

That made me curious as to whether that was right, so I measured the texlaxed to ng portion of a shedded strand (I started texlaxing when I came to this site). I measured 8 inches from root to where the bone straight started. I tried to take a pic but it's impossible with my cellphone but, the numbers and my milestone markers fit. I'll do a final measurement with tape pic at my end of the year reveal. Just stunned to find for sure that I'm above the 6 inch average with 2 months yet to go! :woohoo:

From Hairline

el=n/a
nl=n/a
sl=16"
apl=21"
bsl=24"
mbl=25"
wl=28"
hl=30"
tbl=34"

Currently approx 26.5 inches. :lick:
I'm 5'7"

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So I just posted in a thread measuring growth by inches. Based on inches, it seemed that I must've grown 7-8 inches, guestimating the starting inches of starting length.QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Ms. NJoy.... I've been lurking for over a year and I never ever really needed to sign up!! But nobody has asked you what I need to know, so I had to sign up now! lol

OK...

So throughout this year of retaining 8 gorgeous inches, please tell me--

Q1-Did you trim?

Q2- If you did trim, how much did you trim throughout this- I guess, 12 month (Q4- this is 12 months of growth, right??) - period?

Q3- If you did NOT trim--
So, your ends have not split this whole year, for REAL!?

'cause Wanakee gave me split end anxiety to trim before the possiblility of a split.
---------------

I'm impressed with your hair. :drunk:

Mostly because I hate being hype about seeing great progress, and then seeing a chick REALLY gain 2 inches and then have like 4 strings of hair hanging 6 more inches...and I'm like child GTFOOH and please cut that unflattering mess. :nono:
------------------

Well, I'm glad that we'll get to hear from you now. Welcome out of lurkdom. :yep:

No, I didn't trim my hair much. I bought a split ender early on this year and used it once a month for two months.:yep: Had to use it to feel like I was getting my money's worth but didn't want to keep trimming so I just did those two months. I do plan to use it again in a couple weeks. The split ender cuts off, like, 1/4 inch. It's not even noticeable. So, throughout the 11 months so far, I'd say I trimmed off 1/2 inch, if that.

Other than that, I've been really just been protecting my ends like crazy and keeping them moist. I'm having no problems with my ends and on the whole, they're pretty much intact, as far as I know. There may be some splits but I haven't noticed any.

If your ends have no reason to break (like dryness, rubbing, etc), I just don't see why a preventative cut is necessary...unless you just want fresh ends. (or you buy a split ender or something and are looking for a reason to play with the new toy. :grin:)

Oh, and I bought the split ender because I'm sure I couldn't do a decent trim of my own hair and S&D takes to long and doesn't allow for me to get the back. I hope that answered all of your questions.

MysteryMermaid

Well, I'm glad that we'll get to hear from you now. Welcome out of lurkdom. :yep:

If your ends have no reason to break (like dryness, rubbing, etc), I just don't see why a preventative cut is necessary...unless you just want fresh ends. :grin:)
[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO lurkdom.

I keep my hair moist and bagged dang near 365!!! :spinning:

My fear is that I don't really know the time limit before ends split on their own (the way that Wanakee warns that they do!) :perplexed

Q1-So, are you telling me that ends don't split EVER unless they're dry??? :blush:

Because I think I like this trim half an inch every 11 months thing.... :rolleyes:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I mostly baggied my ends early on and that kept my ends well for sure. Just make sure that you watch protein/moisture balance since you keep your hair moist and baggied. I use 2 aphogee 2 min reconstructor as needed. I can' imagine hair splitting that's not dry unless it's broken. I think you're gonna be alright. :yep:

flowinlocks

Njoy your growth and retention has been off the charts this year! Congratulations! I can't wait to start seeing some shots of you wearing it down.

Pinki

WOW! Your hair is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You are such an inspiration. Not sure if anyone has asked you this (and sorry if I am asking a repetitive question for you), but what brand of sublimed sulfur are you using?

Pinki

Sorry, I had to come back because I just cannot get this off of my mind.....It has not even been 11 months for you. From your starting point to your 11/12/10 reveal, it had only been 10 months and 10 days! Wow...again! Congratulations girl!

Okay NJoy, I ordered my sulfur from amazon.com. They ran out of what I wanted so shipped 2 of a different brand. They said it was the same quality and still sublimed. I made a small batch last night using the sulfur and castor oil. I did a spot check and had no problems. So tonight I start my nightly massaging :yep:. I am expecting 9+ inches by August :gorgeous: .

MysteryMermaid

I mostly baggied my ends early on and that kept my ends well for sure. Just make sure that you watch protein/moisture balance since you keep your hair moist and baggied. I use 2 aphogee 2 min reconstructor as needed. I can' imagine hair splitting that's not dry unless it's broken. I think you're gonna be alright. :yep:

YAY!

I love you.

:iloveyou:

diadall

8 inches in 1 year. I am kind of curious as to how much you will grow next year, another 8, 9, 10? :grin:

Any you don't want please deliver this way. I will sign for it.

FearfullyMade

Thanks to all who posted where to get the sulfur from :) I actually spoke to the pharmacy@ Walgreens and got it ordered, I've had my sulfur for about about 2 weeks now, I'll be mixing up something this weekend :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
8 inches in 1 year. I am kind of curious as to how much you will grow next year, another 8, 9, 10? :grin:

Any you don't want please deliver this way. I will sign for it.

:lol: Girl, please. I think I'd like just a few more inches and then I'm maintaining. I'm gonna stay in my lane. I know I couldn't handle super long hair. I'm layered and in a v so, I'll probably focus on thickening up my hemline. I'll leave the ankle lengths to the rest of y'all. :lol:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@NJoy - in reading an old thread people were talking about eating eggs for sulpher....are you familiar with that and if so, did you decide on the sulpher directly in your scalp for a particular reason. Other than you're "remarkable and evious" hair growth I haven't done much reading on Sulpher (I will be doing some more reading on the topic).

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy - in reading an old thread people were talking about eating eggs for sulpher....are you familiar with that and if so, did you decide on the sulpher directly in your scalp for a particular reason. Other than you're "remarkable and evious" hair growth I haven't done much reading on Sulpher (I will be doing some more reading on the topic).

I hear eggs are good for growth and jumped on the Egglette Bandwagon (Drink Yourself to Waistlength ~or something like that) for about a month. I stopped because I was afraid the protein drink was going to cause me to gain weight.

Also, I decided on sulfur on the scalp from joining the Sulfur Bandwagon. I ordered BT and it took a long time to receive so, I went out and bought MTG to use in the meantime. I felt tingling when using MTG but it was too stinky. When my BT arrived, I didn't feel any tingling and assumed it wasn't working so I spiked it with MTG so that I wouldn't feel like I wasted my money. I used spiked BT for that month and decided to make my own sulfur-based mix to use instead of dealing with the funky mtg smell. At some point while using the spiked BT, I was looking for an alternative and bought MT to use instead. The smell was too sweet and made me nauseous so I gave that away. The sulfur mix was supposed to be a non-stinky version of mtg. I didn't come up with the idea. As you can see, like many, when I first found the boards, I just jumped on bandwagons for growth. As I learned more about hair (oh, and I spent waaaaaay too much time learning and researching), I just did what I thought made sense for me and my hair.

I didn't come up with anything original. I'm just being consistent in caring for my hair ~ something that I really didn't do at all before finding hair boards. It could simply be that my hair is so darned happy that I'm taking care of it that it's showing me crazy love back. Can't say for sure. I have my theories tho and I'm testing those theories as we speak. I want to know too so that I can freely share with all my hair sisters on the boards. I say, we can all do it Diva Style. :yep:

abcd09

I may be the exception to the rule!!
My hair loves to split. I trim my bangs every two weeks, and it still seems like two days later they split. My ends just don't want to stay blunt for some reason. Im trying the daily cowash and baggying at night thing to see if they'll ever stop!

cocoagirl

umm yeah, a sistah will be visiting the CVS tomorrow! ;-) Not that I need to try nan' nother' new product, but with your growth, I'm willing to give it a whirl. Nice growth girl!!

krissyprissy

I got my sulfur 3 weeks ago and finally got around to mixing it up tonight. I'm going to let it sit overnight and apply in the morning. I mixed one tsp of powder to 4oz of oil. Is that ok? Hopefully, I can have better results in 2011 than I had this year.