7th Day wash n' go...and how I maintain it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I haven't made a hair thread in so long.....missed you guys! *waves*

I get asked a lot how I get my wng's to last a week. Well here's how and some pics of the last day.

These are the key things to getting curls to last.....

-Set the curls really well with a product that has some good hold. I use Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol (better than the Lustrasilk Mango Cholesterol that I raved about years ago) and scrunch KCCC over that. If I were to wear my curls softer w/o much product they would not last so you need some hold and it will soften up and get bigger as the days go by.

-I apply the Lustrasilk in 4 sections and brush it through with my denman. I use quite a lot....it foams up when I brush it through lol. After I brush it through I rake and smooth with my fingers to separate and lengthen the curls then I do the tightly curly method to separate the curls even more and encourage definition. After I've finished my whole head I scrunch in the KCCC and shake my head all around to help form the curls. I don't use a lot of KCCC because it has a strong hold. Now I sit under the dryer with my head flipped upside down which really helps get volume!

-After my hair is dry I use the blow dryer to get the scrunch the crunch out and that's it. Now to maintain I use a locsoc at night and pin the tail of it up on top of my head so my curls are sitting on top. I meant to take a pic of this....i'm so sorry because this is really important....i'm hoping I can explain how I do it properly until I can take the picture. The locsoc has really been my savior for lasting curls.

-I don't re-wet or dampen my hair in anyway in-between washing....this would destroy my curls and make them frizzy. I don't do anything to my hair but maybe scrunch a little moisturizer and oil in mid-week.

It's a little fuzzy but I think it held up well. I washed it after these pics even though I think I could've gotten away with one more day. I needed to get the shed hairs out before my tangles got out of control though. Surprisingly detangling was actually a breeze thanks to this conditioner
...It can be found in Sally's. I dare say it's just as good, maybe better than my Yes To Carrots:blush:. Cheaper too.

Any questions about this process I'd be glad to answer....hope this helps someone!

PPGbubbles

Sally's has a GVP for Yes to Carrots!!!! Say it isnt soo!!!!.... Sallys is gonna get all my money I swear!

But as always your hair is just lovely! :) Glad to see you doing a post! I thought we lost a lot of vets with the forum changes

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Sally's has a GVP for Yes to Carrots!!!! Say it isnt soo!!!!.... Sallys is gonna get all my money I swear!

But as always your hair is just lovely! :) Glad to see you doing a post! I thought we lost a lot of vets with the forum changes
It's actually a GVP for Matrix Biolage....I think it may just be better than my beloved Yes To Carrots. The slip is unreal.

Yea I'm trying to post more now that the forum has changed back to more familiar territory lol.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'll try to come back tomorrow wit a pic for you guys of my hair up in the locsoc.....or possibly a short video:blush:....if I can figure out what I'm doing lol.

Stella B.

Wow, those are some of the prettiest curls I've ever seen! Thanks for the tutorial, and waiting patiently on the vid....:grin:

Pompous Blue

The hair goddess...Thank you for this thread. The pictures are beautiful as well as your hair....Waiting on the vid, too....LOL.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I've always loved your hair!

I'm going to try this. I always think my hair is similar to yours. I can't duplicate your styles that well though and I've never been able to do a successful wng on purpose (let alone one that lasts 7 days!) Thanks for sharing!

Irresistible

Poka, I was just talking about you the other day, far as the one person who we fact for fact came to the conclusion our hair behaves similar on many points. The only half hair twin I know of..... :lol:

I can't believe you perfected the wash n go , I remember you were just getting into your naked hair more , the last time I was around-I guess this was coming

Your hair is Gorgeous :love: I was just thinking the whole time 'what about the tangling' but you answered that too.

I am still using Yes to Carrots thankfully to you :kiss:

shake them curls girl :woot:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Poka, I was just talking about you the other day, far as the one person who we fact for fact came to the conclusion our hair behaves similar on many points. The only half hair twin I know of..... :lol:

I can't believe you perfected the wash n go , I remember you were just getting into your naked hair more , the last time I was around-I guess this was coming

Your hair is Gorgeous :love: I was just thinking the whole time 'what about the tangling' but you answered that too.

I am still using Yes to Carrots thankfully to you :kiss:

shake them curls girl :woot:
Hey Iris! Great to see you girl! Wow, I'm seeing some familiar faces here today! Thanks so much for the complement and yes our hair does behave so similar and I think we like a lot of the same products too.

Yes I finally perfected the wng. I'm so happy because I hate doing my hair any more than once a week so this is perfect. At first I hated KCCC but once I learned how to use it and found out it could last 7 days I was sold.

Thank all of you for the wonderful complements. I really missed you all.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Wow. your hair is absolutely Gorgeous!!! How do yo combat those pesky SSKs?
Really I can't. I just don't worry about them anymore. Some people let ssk's stop them from wearing their hair in it's natural state but I won't do that, I love my curls. I'll do a really thorough seek and destroy about twice a year and cut them all out. Very time consuming.

Irresistible

Great. I love this. Please tell me, what is the 'tightly curled method'?
I wanted to ask that too but forgot

Hey Iris! Great to see you girl! Wow, I'm seeing some familiar faces here today! Thanks so much for the complement and yes our hair does behave so similar and I think we like a lot of the same products too.

Yes I finally perfected the wng. I'm so happy because I hate doing my hair any more than once a week so this is perfect. At first I hated KCCC but once I learned how to use it and found out it could last 7 days I was sold.

Thank all of you for the wonderful complements. I really missed you all.
I will probably try the KCCC now only cause of you :yep:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Great. I love this. Please tell me, what is the 'tightly curled method'?

There was a thread posted here a couple years ago about a website by Teri LaFlesh (sp) called tightly curly. I hope someone can post the link for you, im on my cell right now but i will post as soon as i get back on my computer. Her method is how i've always done my wash n' go's just hers is more well known so thats why i put that i used that method. dlewis....ssk's are single strand knots or pixie knots as you may know them to be called.

Allandra

Also, do you define your curls like Teri does? It seems like this would take me forever since my hair is so thick (I mean all those little sections that Teri does, wow).