7-8 inches in a year!! Naptrl's pics...UPDATE!!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I promised that I would post pics. My hair is natural and it is pressed in these pics. Last year this time my hair was 2 inches! It's now 9!! I had a 1 inch trim. I've had a looooot of growth since then! I'll be at bra strap soon! Enjoy! Thanks LHCF!!! The first few pictures are from March 2005...

my album is at http://public.fotki.com/awomansglory

PW: jesussaves

naptrl

Thanks ladies!! I've been wearing braids, using lots of moisture, and in the last 2 months I've been using the MTG I got from the Atlanta LHCF meeting!! I think it's working!!!

Thanks alexei. All I've been doing is wearing braids. I just started getting it pressed again after my little disaster. I try to do scalp massages and put lots of moisture in my hair.

Your hair looks so pretty! Just curious, how often do you press your hair? My mom easily transitioned a while ago, and she pressed every two weeks and it never damaged her natural curl, and I was hoping for every month or so if I ever transition? TIA!

Thanks One in a million!! I just started pressing again. It's been once every two weeks. No problem sooo far! We'll keep our fingers crossed!! :)

Just beautiful! :eek: I am loving your hair! Did u press w/ a flat iron or a comb? You are an inspiration! :clap: :thumbsup: :spinning: :grin:

Wow, your hair looks great! Can you post your detailed "pressing" routine? What products do you use to press and how did you get the gorgeous curls in your hair? Did you use regular rollers, curling irons, etc? Inquiring minds want to know...lol...

Your hair looks great! You're making good progress! I know that your hair is pressed in those photos, but as for the curls, was that acheived with hot curlers or rollers? Happy hair growing :antlers:.

Such great progress. I noticed that you've had exceptional growth in the past six months. Good job!

:scratchch: Me thinks I'm going to have to get on the MTG bandwagon.

Wow! What an inspiration- especially to other naturals. Your hair looks FAB!
Could you pls post your specific regimen, as in what you do daily and weekly, what products you use (poo, con, deep con, leave in etc)?

Thanks soo much ladies!! My hair dresser presses my hair. I don't do it myself. She uses Dudley's shampoo and conditioner. She also uses dudley's creme press and motions kids blow out cream when she presses. She uses the Marcel iron to do it. I get it washed and pressed every two weeks. In between I roll the parts that get straight again. I try to use heat only at the time I get it pressed. When I have braids I use s curl and with this last set of tree braids I used MTG.

Back