4b with short hair after big cut

L

longlegz

I just got my 4b hair cut after years of wearing weaves and braids...My edges and hair had thinned out so, I figure I can start all over now...

I have questions about this start over process...

What products are good for setting 4b hair post relaxer? How do you retain a healthly shine? I want to try roller sets but I'm scared because at the shortest my hair is 1/2 inch and at the longest, it is 1 inch...

I appreciate any advise & help...I want to retain healthy hair and growth during this start over process.

CORBINS

I can only give you advise on my personal experience. I also have 4b hair. I did my big chop last Sept. to 3 inches. So far everything is going okay. I use motions foam to set my hair. For my ends, I use a silicone based product to protect my ends. I usually use ORS Olive Oil Mosturizer to moisturize. The key for me is keeping it simple. My hair suffered the most when I would switch too often. The biggest advise I can give you is to purchase some satin rollers. I was using regular foam rollers and they caused a lot of damage and breakage to my hair. When I switched to satin, my hair stayed moisturized longer and they curls looked healthier. Good luck!

RabiaElaine

My hair is chin length right now, a little longer in the back. I had to cut my hair off after 2 weaves last year. I lost about 4 inches :(. Anyway I'm over it now because I got to start over with healthy hair. If your hair isn't already healthy get it healthy and keep it that way. I deep condition everytime I let water touch my hair. I do protein treatments every now and then, but I want to institute a regular protein regimen for my hair (I'll probably create a post around that later). For protein I use either Aubrey Organics GPB, Nexxus Keraphix, Nexxus Emergencee. For shampoo I use Creme of Nature, or Nioxin Moisturizing cleanser for chemically treated hair, or Keracare Dry and Itchy scalp shampoo. Lately I've only been washing my hair at the dominican salon so i've been using whatever shampoo they use. I should start bringing my own though. For moisture I use Wild Growth Oil, Mizani Shyne sheen spray, and Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. My moisturizing conditioners are Nioxin for chemically treated hair, Humecto, NTM. Anyway not to manipulate your hair too much, I know it's harder because our hair is shorter so it's harder to protective style. Take a look at albums like DSD she's got lots of great ideas for styling short hair, though her hair has since grown a lot longer. I also just got my phonypony yesterday and absolutely love the options this gives me for protective styling my short hair, I've got pics in my album.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
If u have relaxed hair, u can set it with a wrap. I did this when I had relaxed hair. I recently cut my hair due to a horrible relaxer incident Anywho, I am now lightly texturizing my hair. Since then, my hair has been growing nicely. :)

L

longlegz

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the helpful suggestions...it is much appreciated! I will use those in my hair care regimen and look at past albums for short hair suggestions...

Again, thanks :)