Best Relaxer for 4B fine hair?

kimbaparis

Hello ladies:

What relaxer has given you 4B fine hairs the best results? I have a protective weave now after a bad experience with my 2nd phytorelaxer. My hair is very fragile. I am taking vitamins including flaxseed oil and using MTG. I am hoping that this time I can retain the growth I got during 2 months of no manipulation. Any suggestions? Oh, and how do you feel about protein treatments. I think my hair broke from Aphoghee but I am thinking about trying Joico k-pak.

Thanks so much.
As you all know, 4B fine hair WANTS to break.

delp

I heard good things about phyto. what was your experience. I thought you were about to tell everyone to use phyto for fine 4b. Did you use index I or II? What happen? product or user error?

slender1

Sorry to hear about your hairs health. TRY CASSIAorHENNA..it will definitely help with the fragility.

My hair is 4b but its not fragile due to the aforementioned and proper moisture..

I was using Mizani Regular strength but it leaves my hair too thin and lifeless. I too would like to know which relaxer is best for this hair type Im thinking of trying MIZANI (MILD)

Royal Glory

I was about to suggest Phyto II. I have a mixture of 4a/4b, mostly b. My hair is medium-thin and I have had good results. It leaves my hair full of body... even right after a touch up.

I am using Lexxus Emergencee every couple of weeks. And I just started incorporating Aphogee into my regime the week after I relax, using it once so far and planning to do a second treatment in a few days. I am learning to achieve the proper moisture-protein balance for my hair and am starting to reap the benefits.

I am sorry you haven't had the same experience. Can you elaborate on what happened?

HighlyFavored1

Relaxer- I have fine hair that's 4a/b. I think Phyto II is the best relaxer. It doesn't make my hair feel weak and flat like other relaxers did. The problem with fine hair, for me, is that if you use a strong relaxer that gets it bone straight, then your hair just becomes too "wispy" and weak and breaks so easily. I used Affirm for a few years, and I liked it, but would have switched to Mild knowing what I know now. I also used Bantu for about half a year (don't ask why); it's way too strong and I wouldn't recommend it! I still say Phyto is the best!

Protein- I'm afraid of the hard Aphogee treatment, mainly because I have not had good results from other Aphogee products (shampoo, balancing conditioner, or 2min reconstructor). I use Nexxus Emergencee, one or two weeks before and after each relaxer, the no cap/sit under the dryer 15 min method, with really good results. I also use Aubrey's GPB as my protein prepoo. My hair likes protein conditioner as a prepoo rather than as a post-shampoo conditioner.

ACV rinses are also really great!
Good luck finding what works for you! :eek:

kimbaparis

delp said:
I heard good things about phyto. what was your experience. I thought you were about to tell everyone to use phyto for fine 4b. Did you use index I or II? What happen? product or user error?
i don't know what happened with the phyto, index 2. i go to the actual salon in paris where i live so you would think they would know what to do. it was fine the first time. the 2nd time after 10 week stretch, i had massive breakage. so i did an aphoghee treatment just as i had the first time and it still broke. i don't know if she overlapped it or what. i was taking very good care of my hair too. but to be honest i just came out of braids and i.m not sure i know my hair well enough to know the right balance. i think i will try henna next time. i was just wondering about affirm and mizani since others seem to like them.

I'm dying to try the Phyto 2, i'm hearing great things about it for 4b fine hair.

I would also recommend the new Optimum line-its in a brown jar. My stylist Reniece (I'm sure you've heard of her) uses on me and I love it.