4b natural results with maxiglide and sabino mb

jkamiel

Hi all!
Yall probably don't know me, but i thought it'd be useful to those of you wondering about the maxiglide and sabino.This is what I did:

-cowashed my hair w/ V05 tea therapy while in like 6 big twists
-deep conditioned and did the cheapie steam treatment for 1 hour with organix coconut milk conditioner
-rinsed and
-dried while bike ridin in the hot sun (in two twisted pigtails)
-twisted my hair into 8-10 twists overnight to stretch it out

-applied sabino mb to each section and flat ironed on 3.5 setting
-at first i used the pins but stopped because i was afraiiiid haha
- i passed it once with steam kinda slowly and then quick once more

My opinions: first time I passed the flat iron thru i was amaaaazed.. my hair got straight in one pass and i thought my roots would be all hard and ridiculous buuut theyre not! my hair feels very soft and moisturized surprisingly. yay maxiglide! i have no idea why anyone would use setting 10. if 3.5 can get my hair that straight thennn.. wow.

It's weird having my hair straight.
As you'll see from the pictures, it's kind of poofy but whatever... i like big hair!

I will be adding pictures to my fotki in like 10 min... and will place the link here, as I would rather not have any weirdos lookin at my pics in timbuktu. (http://public.fotki.com/jkamiel/my-hair-diary/year-two-september-/august-2008/)

Oh, my hair is grazing APL. Doesn't look like it, does it?? Can't wait til BSL! Yahooo!!

I will update on how the sabino mb works.

Last edited:

Ms Lala

Girl my hair laughs at anything less than 7 on the Maxiglide. I'm glad it worked out for you though.

CenteredGirl

Great hair results! I'm glad I got a maxiglide. It's the bomb for 4ab Natural hair that's in fantastic condition!

jkamiel

Your hair really turned out well. Did you blow dry your hair at all or you just left it in knots to dry?
nope, i just did twists overnight to stretch it out. i'm so afraid of heat damage!

Girl my hair laughs at anything less than 7 on the Maxiglide. I'm glad it worked out for you though.
i was sooo surprised that it worked on such a low setting. yayyyy!! hopefully i have no problems with reversion after i wash

Great hair results! I'm glad I got a maxiglide. It's the bomb for 4ab Natural hair that's in fantastic condition!
me toooo!! makes straightening easy! that was my first time straightening my hair myself

only thing was the length of time it took -- like 3.5 hours.. probably cuz it was my 1st time. i'm sure it could get down to like 2 hours -- i hope. and pray.

Sunshine0801

Great job!

It's nice to hear that a 4b natural can use maxiglide on a lower setting. I think I'm going to try a setting of 3 or 3.5 when I straighten my hair...

naijamerican

I really appreciate you taking the time to post these pictures. It helps because I've been wondering how both Sabino and Maxiglide work with 4B hair. Thanks very much and it turned out great! :yep:

MrsQueeny

I tried to use the 5 setting on my mg once and my hair laughed at it. Off to go look at your pics. Q

donewit-it

I'm glad everything worked out for you. Sabino is great. I only have a maxiglide so I don't know how anyother iron would work.

I can't wait to straighten my hair again in September.:grin:

jkamiel

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I truly thought it wouldnt get straight on a low setting but maybe not using any products besides the sabino contributed. I deep conditioned/steamed before also. Last summer, a woman tried to straighten my hair w/ an electric pressing comb and then a flat iron but key word is TRIED. My hair was not havin it! It was a straight fro. Looked like I had blown it out. I don't know why or how the maxiglide worked, but i'm glad it did.

Hope it works for everyone who's trying for the 1st time! It's only been a day but the sabino is working well and my hair feels nice and soft. Not greasy or weighed down at all. Ahhhhh. Feels good not to have knots formin every 3 seconds.

And, Que, why is your hair soooo gorgeous?!!!

MrsQueeny

Thanks for all the responses ladies! I truly thought it wouldnt get straight on a low setting but maybe not using any products besides the sabino contributed. I deep conditioned/steamed before also. Last summer, a woman tried to straighten my hair w/ an electric pressing comb and then a flat iron but key word is TRIED. My hair was not havin it! It was a straight fro. Looked like I had blown it out. I don't know why or how the maxiglide worked, but i'm glad it did.

Hope it works for everyone who's trying for the 1st time! It's only been a day but the sabino is working well and my hair feels nice and soft. Not greasy or weighed down at all. Ahhhhh. Feels good not to have knots formin every 3 seconds.

And, Que, why is your hair soooo gorgeous?!!!

Thank you girlie!!! Q

krikit96

:wallbash: I lent my maxiglide out to somebody and now they won't return it! That mess is too much to be buying again! I loved using it! Used it on 7 or 8 and it was beautiful...I sooo wish i hadn't let her borrow it, now she's claiming it wasn't her that i gave it to. ARGH!!!!:wallbash:

Nice & Wavy

Hi all!
Yall probably don't know me, but i thought it'd be useful to those of you wondering about the maxiglide and sabino.This is what I did:

-cowashed my hair w/ V05 tea therapy while in like 6 big twists
-deep conditioned and did the cheapie steam treatment for 1 hour with organix coconut milk conditioner
-rinsed and
-dried while bike ridin in the hot sun (in two twisted pigtails)
-twisted my hair into 8-10 twists overnight to stretch it out

-applied sabino mb to each section and flat ironed on 3.5 setting
-at first i used the pins but stopped because i was afraiiiid haha
- i passed it once with steam kinda slowly and then quick once more

My opinions: first time I passed the flat iron thru i was amaaaazed.. my hair got straight in one pass and i thought my roots would be all hard and ridiculous buuut theyre not! my hair feels very soft and moisturized surprisingly. yay maxiglide! i have no idea why anyone would use setting 10. if 3.5 can get my hair that straight thennn.. wow.

It's weird having my hair straight.
As you'll see from the pictures, it's kind of poofy but whatever... i like big hair!

I will be adding pictures to my fotki in like 10 min... and will place the link here, as I would rather not have any weirdos lookin at my pics in timbuktu. (http://public.fotki.com/jkamiel/my-hair-diary/year-two-september-/august-2008/)

Oh, my hair is grazing APL. Doesn't look like it, does it?? Can't wait til BSL! Yahooo!!

I will update on how the sabino mb works.

For some reason I'm unable to view the pics.

jkamiel

Nice & Wavy, are you a fotki member? I think only members can view but I will change the permissions for the today/tomorrow so others can see.

ajoyfuljoy

Wow,

I really enjoyed your "A Nappy Flying.. " picture album. I got stuck on the pictures in Chile. That was so cool.

Did you put your pictures on exhibit somewhere?

Ms Lala

nope, i just did twists overnight to stretch it out. i'm so afraid of heat damage!

i was sooo surprised that it worked on such a low setting. yayyyy!! hopefully i have no problems with reversion after i wash

me toooo!! makes straightening easy! that was my first time straightening my hair myself

only thing was the length of time it took -- like 3.5 hours.. probably cuz it was my 1st time. i'm sure it could get down to like 2 hours -- i hope. and pray.

Yeah that is long, it take me 1-1.5 hours w/the Maxiglide

jkamiel

Wow,

I really enjoyed your "A Nappy Flying.. " picture album. I got stuck on the pictures in Chile. That was so cool.

Did you put your pictures on exhibit somewhere?

thanks so much!! and no haha. i dont think theyre that good. i jus made a portfolio book of the pictures - one for myself and some for family members.

Yeah that is long, it take me 1-1.5 hours w/the Maxiglide

wow! i hope i get that good, but prob not tooo much better because i wont be flat ironing much.

Ms Lala

thanks so much!! and no haha. i dont think theyre that good. i jus made a portfolio book of the pictures - one for myself and some for family members.

wow! i hope i get that good, but prob not tooo much better because i wont be flat ironing much.

You should, our hair is pretty similar. I section it off in 4 sections ahead of time. The maxiglide has wide plates so I flat iron pieces of hair that are thin in terms of thickness but wide. I use clips to hold the hair as I go along. THis is the 1st flat iron to get my hair done so quickly. THe longest it's taken me it 2 hours w/it and that's because I did really small sections. I am also not including detangling time etc.. because I do that before hand.

jkamiel

You should, our hair is pretty similar. I section it off in 4 sections ahead of time. The maxiglide has wide plates so I flat iron pieces of hair that are thin in terms of thickness but wide. I use clips to hold the hair as I go along. THis is the 1st flat iron to get my hair done so quickly. THe longest it's taken me it 2 hours w/it and that's because I did really small sections. I am also not including detangling time etc.. because I do that before hand.

yeah i think i coulda done MUCH longer sections since the plate is so long... my sections were really small so next time i will do them the same width but longer. also i combed each section of hair out before taking the maxiglide thru so that took time. i didnt wanna comb it dry but it tangles up after i detangle wet soo... yeah