4b looking for other 4b's who have done the 2 step protein treatment.

HarlemHottie

Hey ladies,

I need some in put (yes I did a search but I need more), I am about to do the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment for the first time, and I am worried. I use the other Aphogee products and I am very happy with them, but I have never done the protein treament. Some of the stories I hear really have me worried. So any tips you can give or any DO & DON'Ts would be great.

Thanks ladies...

nymane

When I use it I do the following:

1) Clarify
2) Quickly apply (I put it in a spray bottle), DON'T comb through...if you have long hair you can use a clip to hold your hair in place
3) Sit under a hooded dryer for 40mins without a shower cap (or until it's hard as a rock)
4) DO NOT manipulate hair, head straight for the shower (still not touching my hair), let the water pressure loosen my strands for 5-10mins...the carefully remove hair clip
5) After my hair is rinsed thoroughly, I gently rinse some more (using my hands), cowash with the balancing conditioner
6) Follow up with a moisturizing DC for about 30-40mins <-----THIS IS A MUST

I love Aphogee

HarlemHottie

When I use it I do the following:

1) Clarify
2) Quickly apply (I put it in a spray bottle), DON'T comb through...if you have long hair you can use a clip to hold your hair in place
3) Sit under a hooded dryer for 40mins without a shower cap (or until it's hard as a rock)
4) DO NOT manipulate hair, head straight for the shower (still not touching my hair), let the water pressure loosen my strands for 5-10mins...the carefully remove hair clip
5) After my hair is rinsed thoroughly, I gently rinse some more (using my hands), cowash with the balancing conditioner
6) Follow up with a moisturizing DC for about 30-40mins <-----THIS IS A MUST

I love Aphogee

should I use the Aphogees Balancing Moisturizer as my DC or my ORS?

nymane

I use Aubrey's Organics Honeysuckle Rose or White Camellia; I'd suggest you use the most moisturizing DC you own. I co-wash with the Balancing Moisturizer after I rinse Aphogee out thoroughly just to make sure I got all of it out of my hair. HTH

MJ

I've done it twice, and I like the results. This is what I do:

1. Detangle hair.
  2. Clarify hair in sections and rinse thoroughly. (I use Sally's Ion clarifying shampoo.)
  3. Wrap towel around head to absorb excess water.
  4. Apply Aphogee protein to hair in sections until the entire head is complete. I blowdry each section with low heat until it is stiff before moving on to the next section. (I don't have a hard bonnet dryer, and a soft bonnet dryer isn't recommended with this treatment.)
  5. Leave protein in hair for an extra 5-10 minutes or so.
  6. Rinse out protein with warm water (without touching the hair) until the hair softens.
  7. Cowash hair thorougly with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (I skipped this step the second time and results were good, but not as fabulous as the first).
  8. Rinse thoroughly.
  9. Apply Aphogee balancing conditioner (It has no slip and smells like men's cologne. I don't care for it, but I'll continue using it because it is recommended) and leave it in for 5 minutes.
  10. Rinse, apply more Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, detangle (then rinse out excess conditioner), and style hair.
  11. I deep condition my hair after I cornrow it.

anon123

My hair does not behave like the average person's. That being said, I tried the real Aphogee treatment and hated it. It is the one product that I refuse to even give a 2nd chance. My hair was so hard and tangled even though I dc'd afterward. It was terrible.

sylver2

my hair is in the minority when it comes to protein. it seems as if the majority looove protein. my hair hates it. i do that 2 step once a year. it stopped my breakage but my hair was hard and dry for weeks no matter what i dc'd with.
i use the 2 min reconstructor every couple of months which is a little better.

beans4reezy

should I use the Aphogees Balancing Moisturizer as my DC or my ORS?

I haven't heard positive feedback about Aphogees Balancing Moisturizer as a follow- up to the hard protien treatment and you might want to stay away from ORS as I believe there is some protien in that DC as well.

Choose an uber moisturizing DC as a follow up such as Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose...

HarlemHottie

I haven't heard positive feedback about Aphogees Balancing Moisturizer as a follow- up to the hard protien treatment and you might want to stay away from ORS as I believe there is some protien in that DC as well.

Choose an uber moisturizing DC as a follow up such as Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose...

Thank you I didn't know that...

HarlemHottie