4A texturized ladies

NIK

I'm contemplating texturizing my 4a natural hair - Why did you decide to texturize your natural hair? What are the benefits? And what is your regimen?

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I just texturized my hair. I did it because I wanted less frizz. The benefits so far, have been less frizz, and surprisingly less product use. Before I used a leave in (aveda) followed up with a curl enhancer. After relaxing my hair the frizz is gone, so the curls look more defined. Since I was only using product for frizz, I guess it makes sense that I wouldn't now. After cowashing I don't add product at all, or just apply a leave in (avocado butter, its winter time).

My regimen and pics (before and after) are in my fotki.

NIK

nubianqt86 said:
I just texturized my hair. I did it because I wanted less frizz. The benefits so far, have been less frizz, and surprisingly less product use. Before I used a leave in (aveda) followed up with a curl enhancer. After relaxing my hair the frizz is gone, so the curls look more defined. Since I was only using product for frizz, I guess it makes sense that I wouldn't now. After cowashing I don't add product at all, or just apply a leave in (avocado butter, its winter time).

My regimen and pics (before and after) are in my fotki.

Thanks Nubianqt86. Before the texturizer, would you say that your hair is 4a hairtype? Because I think I have the same texture as you but can really tell. I definitely have a defined curl pattern but when my hair is competely dry with no product, I can't even tell anymore.
And your inspirations pictures are mine too! And I'm trying to achieve that look but not sure how.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
NIK said:
Thanks Nubianqt86. Before the texturizer, would you say that your hair is 4a hairtype? Because I think I have the same texture as you but can really tell. I definitely have a defined curl pattern but when my hair is competely dry with no product, I can't even tell anymore.
And your inspirations pictures are mine too! And I'm trying to achieve that look but not sure how.

Before I relaxed, my hair looked like it did in my avatar, but dry everthing was a lil coarser. As far as hair type goes, I considered myself a mix of 3c and 4a, but mostly 3c as far as curl size goes (pencil size and larger) The top of my head are "s" waves. HTH

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
My natural hair is a mix of 3c and 4a so I've been told. I texturized so that the top half of my hair matches the bottom and I can wear my hair out and have it lay flat on top. My hair is so much denser and thicker on top than the nape and edges it was hard to wear it out when natural. I'm not one for fancy hairstyles or time-cosuming twists and all that. I have to be able to rinse it out well daily because of my exercise and braided styles just don't hold in my hair. Anyway I'd say that the benefits are extreme ease of styling, no need to braid-set or twist-set or banding or any of that to make it lay down and no need for curling iron or rollers to flat-irons to acheive the style. It's just rinse and go all the way baby!! I love it.
My regimen is basically to conditioner wash daily, apply some leave-in conditioner and curl-enhancing creme and finger curl it a little while it's wet. Then I just go about my business, it takes it about 2 hours to airdry, but I live in damp climate (Seattle) it dries much faster when I'm visiting my family in Vegas. Sometimes I dry it under the hood dryer which takes about 25min. It comes out best when airdried so I try to do that most of the time.