texturized ladies..tips please

Zay-neey

im thinking about texturizing my hair..im just hating this shrinkage with my natural hair..
so my questions are..
what texturizer do you use?
how often do you texturize?
What is your regimen?

and any tips to a maybe newly texturized person..
TIA

aa9746

im thinking about texturizing my hair..im just hating this shrinkage with my natural hair..
so my questions are..
what texturizer do you use?
how often do you texturize?
What is your regimen?

and any tips to a maybe newly texturized person..
TIA

Bump Bump Bump

Rain20

I think you should do a bit of research to decide what's best for your hair. I use Phyto but some ladies find it too drying. Other like Mizani butter blends and Linage? brand. How often you texturize depends on how fast your hair grows and partly on how much texture you want your hair to keep. I texturize about 5min-7mins total time including smoothing time. I mix some olive oil and a little conditioner to slow down the processing time. I usually texturize every 3-4 months. There are a couple of threads about texturizing that may help. Sareca a member on here has details about how she texturizes in her fotki. Taz recently did a pictorial on how she texturizes her hair and went into great detail about her process.
HTH

mstk

what texturizer do you use? I use Mizani BB for Fine/Colour Treated, and mix it with oil and conditioner
how often do you texturize? Every 12-16 weeks
What is your regimen? Shampoo (diluted) and deep condition with heat weekly, moisturize daily, protective style regularly and rarely straighten.

I would also recommend doing your research about both products and technique. The best thing for me has been to process in halves, because I'm just not quick enough to apply and smooth with relatively even processing time in all areas.