4A Hair Types (New to LHCF)

CoCoRican

Hey everyone I'm new to LHCF: I've been viewing LHCF for 2 years now and finally subscribed today!! This site really gives me so much information an insight that it's time for me to dedicate some serious learning and commitment into achieving my goal: Long healthy bra strap length hair!

So my first query is my regimen: My hair is 4a type and all you guys who are 4a hair type I would really appreciate you hair regimens, tips, tricks, and advice

Willing to learn and grow: CoCo Rican

Hey everyone I'm new to LHCF: I've been viewing LHCF for 2 years now and finally subscribed today!! This site really gives me so much information an insight that it's time for me to dedicate some serious learning and commitment into achieving my goal: Long healthy bra strap length hair!

So my first query is my regimen: My hair is 4a type and all you guys who are 4a hair type I would really appreciate you hair regimens, tips, tricks, and advice

It woudl help to know your current length, whether you are natural or relaxed, and what products you use. I am 4a/b natural so what works for me probably won't work for someone who is relaxed.

It woudl help to know your current length, whether you are natural or relaxed, and what products you use. I am 4a/b natural so what works for me probably won't work for someone who is relaxed.

ITA

Welcome to the board. :yay:

If this helps:

I'm 4a/3c/4b natural. I have a no-poo regimen. I co-wash on Tue and Thur. On the weekend I co-wash and deep condition. After cleansing I put leave-in on my hair add a few drops of oil or a butter, put my hair in a twisted or braided bun and I'm done.

Sorry im very eager, lol

Umm I've been natural since 2000 my hair lenght is 6-7 inches
but before 2000, my hair had only been permed about 4-5 times in my entire life. My hair doesnt embrace perms at all!!!

My hair regimen: Water & Extra virgin coconut oil used as a daily moisturizer , I Deep condition every weekend using coconut oil and Jason's (natural conditioner) thin to thick conditioner with biotin, plant protien and panthenol

I poo as necessary which isnt very often but its with organics olive oil shampoo

I'm taking supplements GNC hair and nails for about a week now

my current style are cornrows and just an afro pushed into a pretty headband

Thanks again guys

CoCo Rican

Welcome

Be sure not to visit the bonelaxed thread or the jackedlaxed thread!

:lol:

do not take tips from those threads especially not the bonelaxed thread!

you have now been initiated :lachen:

Sorry im very eager, lol

but before 2000, my hair had only been permed about 4-5 times in my entire life. My hair doesnt embrace perms at all!!!

My hair regimen: Water & Extra virgin coconut oil used as a daily moisturizer , I Deep condition every weekend using coconut oil and Jason's (natural conditioner) thin to thick conditioner with biotin, plant protien and panthenol

I poo as necessary which isnt very often but its with organics olive oil shampoo

Thanks again guys

CoCo Rican

oh ok your safe from the bonelaxed thread then :lol:

Sorry im very eager, lol

Thanks again guys

CoCo Rican

Wow you have a similar case as mine. I put relaxer in my hair maybe 5-8 times. I never got touch ups. I would just grow it back natural. Probably because my hair didn't relax well and I was in highschool and couldn't afford it. I used extensions to grow my hair out after getting rid of relaxed ends. It mostly grew when I braided it, I think the hairdresser was cutting it. I love the way the ladies on here relax their hair, it's pretty, but mine just doesn't look like theirs so I stay natural.

:welcome:

might i suggest browsing fotkis and seaching for tips via the search feature about creating aspects your reggie. also, other hair "types" can offer some VERY valuable info.

HHG!

Sorry im very eager, lol

Thanks again guys

CoCo Rican

Welcome to the board..I'm 4a, currently happily transistioning. I like your regimen. Coconut and water is excellent for combability, softness and sheen. I do my deep conditioning with thicker conditioners such as: Alter Ego garlic, Nunaat deep conditioner, Queen Helene or other conditioners{I've a load of them}; mostly moisturizing cons-my hair breaks with too much protein. I shampoo, con every 3-4 days.
Good Luck..happy hair growing to you. PS..I wig it during the week, two single braids on weekends.

Last edited:
I am natural and the products I use are constantly changing because my hair changes as the length and even texture change. Anyway I am recovering from my own hair issues right now. When I first joined the board I got my hair in shape w/ regular deep conditioning, low manipulation styling, low heat use, and staying away from drying shampoos. I agree with the poster that said to visit some fotkis of other naturals, find some w/similar textures and try out their regimens.

I am a 4a natural. I wash and deep condition my hair once a week. I wear it in protective styles most of the time. On occasion I wear it in a fro or a wash and go.

Some of my favorite products include:

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave In
Nexxus Humectress
ORS Paks
Fantasia IC Gel
Fantasia Deep Penetrating Conditioner

HTH...

:yep:

OT: Ok, Ms Lala- like my grandma used to say "I can't go another further" without letting you know how off the charts drool worthy your hair is....:lovedrool: Girl, gimme that puff...OP, sorry to hijack your thread...:lachen:

ETA: OP, I am currently transitioning, so my regi and tips may not work well for you, but it sounds like you have a good start...:yep:

Last edited:
I'm thanking each and everyone one of you guys: Denvergirl I'll do just that (check out others 4a profile of fotki) some hard investigating on my part.

BrooklynSouth I wig out when I go out to protect my hair from this southern heat its a killer to my hair.

I'll keep you guys updated!!!

:welcome: Glad to have you join us.

"Keep it simple" is the best advice I can give you. :circle:

A (or my) thorough regimen is included in the website listed below.

Last edited:
Back