4a/b Relaxed BraStap Now-Short Hair Photos!!!!

lonei

Hi ladies I just though I'd post some pictures of my hair when it was short in the last 2.5-3 years. Especially considering that I am 4a/b I just wanted to show that it can be done and that my hair had never reached the length it is now before. Thank you ladies....

Its in my signature, the password is the same and its the old hair photo album, sorry about the messy face blurs!!!

Nanyanika

Lonei thanks for sharing your photo's it's really inspirational for especially for women with 4a/4b hair. keep up the great work.

lonei

Thank you so much ladies, if I had known then what I know now (LHCF) I would have saved a lot of mishaps and pitfalls along the way....

RabiaElaine

Lonei,

Beautiful!!!!

Congrats on all of your growth. I hope to be where you are some day.

Can you share your regimen. I'm 4a/b, and I'm about where you were a few year ago. What are you using? How often do you relax? What percentage do you relax your hair? What styles do you wear? What styled did you wear to retain that lenght when it was short, and you were just getting it to grow?

What has been a major factor in length retention?

jainygirl

i'm luving pic3. that look is sharp!! reminds me soooo much of my hair as my cut grew out....that was my FAVE stage as my hair grew out
sigh........ the memories

Nice

I have a alot of questions for you but.....right now I have to get back to work
. Will post later.

You hair is beautiful

lonei

RabiaElaine, thanks for the compliment. The products I use to wash are EVOO for pre-treatments, motions products for shampooing and conditioning and ORS Olive Oil Sheen/Lusters Glossifer for maintainence. I relax once every 8 weeks using ORS Olive OIl Relaxer, I used to wait for like 4 months but my hair used to break. I dont really understand your third question, I think the correct response would be just the new growth. I usually wear pin curls, rollersets or braids and have it out only occassionally. I had cainrow extensions alot at that time or I kept it wrapped. I did use to flat iron and blow dry before I became educated about heat damage.

Major Factor: NO DIRECT HEAT. My hair grows faster now than it ever did, protective styles also help

Falon

Thanks for posting your short hair pics Lonei. It definitely gives me inspiration and HOPE that it can happen for me too! Your hair is looking amazing.

Ayeshia

I love seeing starting points, because it gives me an idea of exactky how long it took to get to their current lenght, and helps me too.

My most fav people with short hair starting points were :

adreinne, caramelhonee, DSD, now you lonei
and a few others that I cant remember at this point

ChoclatePrincess

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
Thank you so much ladies, if I had known then what I know now (LHCF) I would have saved a lot of mishaps and pitfalls along the way....

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang girl your hair was short but it looked so cute and healthy! I know what you mean, I had a few mishaps myself and they weren't on purpose. I need to find that pic up put it in my album.

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
Your hair might have been short, but it looked as if it was still healthy and well kept!!! You are truly an inspiration to all of us 4a/4b's!!!

lonei

I thought it was important that people actually see tangeable proff that with the correct knowledge your hair can grow and become very healthy. Just keep going ladies, if I can do it, anyone can!!!!

atlien

Lonei,

Do you take fish oil or cod liver oil pills? I thought I saw this somewhere in your summary.

Thanks

lonei

[ QUOTE ]
atlien said:
Lonei,

Do you take fish oil or cod liver oil pills? I thought I saw this somewhere in your summary.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I do now, omega 3/6 oil but I havent taken any for a while as I have ran out. I cant say Ive noticed that it has helped a great deal though...

auntybe

Beautiful hair....The more photos I see the more I see that I just have to be patient...I always thought that relaxers were evil....it's just that I bought into the myth that hair can't grow....keep growing and inspiring.....Your hair is so beautiful.