4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOALS

Mystic

YES!! WE CAN!

Hello Everyone!

I was just sitting here thinking about all the ladies that may be or may ever get discouraged from reaching your long hair goals. I wanted to write some encouraging words because I know that it seems like we will never get there.

I am a short haired lady and I have had hair that was approaching bra strap length before but now I am at the point were I have to start again.

I just want to say to all of you out there that your hair will grow to the length you want. We all just need to keep doing what we are doing, taking care of our hair and not abusing it.

I know that there are a lot of ladies that have never had long hair in their adult life and you may be skeptical about being able to grow it now but look, it is a proven fact that hair is always growing, while you eat while you sleep while you work. We just need to retain the older hair as the newer hair comes in.

This can be done even if you are starting off bald or with a short tapered cut or with chin length hair. Whatever your starting length may be you can reach your desired length.

And you may say that I want long hair and I can't wait 3 or 4 years for it. Why not because time passes and hair grows anyway? So in 3 to 4 years you WILL have your length!!

We shouldn't feel jealous or envious of any of the long haired ladies on the board because at some point some of them were in the same situation as we are. They had to work at growing their hair. Now look. They have beautiful healthy long hair!! We can too!

I know that each and everyone of us have set backs sometimes but those can be overcome with the advice and support given here. There is lots of sympathy, love and understanding here and we need to feed from it!

Good luck to every lady on this board short or long haired and Happy Hair Growing!

And remember Don't Speak Defeat! WE CAN DO IT!

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

Thanks DontSpeakDefeat!

Everytime I get discouraged, I just focus more on the short term, and see myself achieving those first!

Nice encouraging words!:yep:

TCT

Hello Everyone!

I was just sitting here thinking about all the ladies that may be or may ever get discouraged from reaching your long hair goals. I wanted to write some encouraging words because I know that it seems like we will never get there.

I am a short haired lady and I have had hair that was approaching bra strap length before but now I am at the point were I have to start again.

I just want to say to all of you out there that your hair will grow to the length you want. We all just need to keep doing what we are doing, taking care of our hair and not abusing it.

I know that there are a lot of ladies that have never had long hair in their adult life and you may be skeptical about being able to grow it now but look, it is a proven fact that hair is always growing, while you eat while you sleep while you work. We just need to retain the older hair as the newer hair comes in.

This can be done even if you are starting off bald or with a short tapered cut or with chin length hair. Whatever your starting length may be you can reach your desired length.

And you may say that I want long hair and I can't wait 3 or 4 years for it. Why not because time passes and hair grows anyway? So in 3 to 4 years you WILL have your length!!

We shouldn't feel jealous or envious of any of the long haired ladies on the board because at some point some of them were in the same situation as we are. They had to work at growing their hair. Now look. They have beautiful healthy long hair!! We can too!

I know that each and everyone of us have set backs sometimes but those can be overcome with the advice and support given here. There is lots of sympathy, love and understanding here and we need to feed from it!

Good luck to every lady on this board short or long haired and Happy Hair Growing!

And remember Don't Speak Defeat! WE CAN DO IT!

OH MY GOSH! I REALLY JUST WANNA CRY NOW. thank you for this small package of encouragement you just delivered. im sure it will touch many of us trying to stay focused on our goal( throughout our journey)

Solitude

What a nice post!

I'm glad I learned from the ladies here to take pictures!!! If not, I would be discouraged, but looking back at my starting pics I realize that I am slowly, but surely making progress.

soleil01

Encouraging words that have inspired women since 2003 on this very board. Great post even 5 years later. Thanks for bumping this !!!