3B hair products for styling curly hair

amorette

:scratchch I have 3B hair -extra curly, I work out everyday, and rinse it in the shower daily. I'm looking for some moisturizing products with great hold that will define and hold my curls softly - so that they are not all frizzy or stiff and crunchy. I have been using all different concoctions. The first thing i do when i get out of the shower is put a sulfur/castor/almond oil concoction on my scalp, and then I'll use one of the following concoctions to hold my curls and moisturize:
1.finesse moisturizing mousse, covered by mizani h20 night moisturizing creme, castor oil on my ends. air dry
2. sebastion WET and then mizani creme, and light indian amla and lemon oil. air dry
3. frizz ease relaxing/straightening creme, mizani creme.air dry

ANY other ideas? I am really concerned that I am putting too much on my hair, or maybe not the best possible products, or maybe there is a better product with better hold that makes your curls look defined,shiny and gorgeous, without the stiffness of a gel. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so I'd rather do it right now while my hair is healthy, than 3 months down the line be dealing with problems from using the wrong products. Any ideas ladies?

Why don't you stop with the sulfur/castor/almond oil concoction? What would happen if you just put a little almond oil or maybe coconut oil on your wet hair and put it in a pony? It seems that using all those products on a daily basis could be drying.

Putting an oil mix in my daughters towel-dried hair, combing it thru with a wide toothed comb and then leaving it alone to dry works very well.

thanks guys, Ill try that - i have not tried just using oil on my hair. The reason I am using the sulfur/castor/almond mixture is because it stimulates growth like MTG oil minus the smell...alot of people have gotten really great results from it, and I also got 2 inches of growth in one month using it as well! my concern is more about what i am putting on the hair itself to hold the curl - ill try just the oil and see what happens...not sure if that is enough to hold my curls though...but ill try it and keep u posted!:grin: :)

I use Biotera, regular conditioner and leave-in conditioner. Rinse and use the reg. conditioner. Put a bit of the regular conditioner and leave it, and then put the leave-in conditioner. At night, I moisturize with ORS Olive Oil and/or Carrot Oil. When wear it back in a ponytail or braid, I use the same plus some of the Biotera leave-in conditioner.

To style my hair I use a styling lotion from a line called Blended Beauty. I don't know if I am allowed to post a link to the site but if you are interested you can pm me, or do a google search.

This line has several styling products depending on the thickness of your hair and they are very moisturizing. The owner of the site is very willing to help people determine what products will be best for their hair. The site also has a chart to assist with selecting products that is very helpful. HTH

Hi Amorette,

Fellow curlie here, I really like Smooth n Shine curl activator gel, MOP leave in, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner which can also be used as a leave in, Cantu Shea butter leave in, PM the Conditioner, and Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 Miracle Worker, just to name a few. I am a certified conditioner junkie as you can see. I use these products in rotation and all of them give me frizz free soft curls. The Curls product line also has some really great prodcuts for definition, shine and crunch free hold also. HTH!

Back