October 2010:

December 2010:

April 2011:

June 2011:

August 2011:

September 2011:

Today! (October 2011:

Words later...

My regimen has pretty much been the same since I began transitioning. I conditioned, detangled, and bunned pretty much every day until June of this year. In June I started conditioning, twisting, and bunning twice a week. I always DC at least once a week, do a cassia treatment once a month, rarely use heat, and try to keep my moisture/protein balance. I'm really happy with my hair growth thus far. My goal was to be at waist length by now and I'm pretty close, if I haven't made it. I won't be straightening again until February or March, but I'm confident that by then I'll have significant hairs at/past waist. My ultimate goal is hip length, but we'll see what happens when I get there.

Thank you everyone for all the information provided. I'm not a heavy poster, but I'm a heavy reader, and the information that I've learned from this website is amazing.

Meemee6223

Wow, ur hair looks great! It's those like u who I gain inspiration from on my HHJ! Good luck in reaching ur goal!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
cch24 - Your natural hair is gorgeous. Questions: Do you have any pictures of your hair in a bun? Do you use shampoo at all? And did you condition and detangle your hair everyday, or just bunned your hair everyday?

cch24

Poohbear - Since my hair is almost always in a bun I didn't even think that someone would find them interesting to look at. I usually alternate high and low buns and secure them with an ouchless elastic and amish hair pins.

ETA: I forgot to answer the rest of your questions! I shampoo before I deep condition, so at least once a week. My hair doesn't seem to mind shampoo and I kind of like the lather. I would condition and detangle every day. I always do my hair in four sections so I just applied conditioner to my wet hair, did whatever I needed to do in the shower, and ran a wide tooth comb through each section while it was under the water. I didn't lose very much hair because I was getting the shed hair out every day. Now that I'm only detangling once or twice a week I had to get used to the amount of hair that was coming out. I only stopped because my hair was getting longer and I was getting lazier.

Last edited:

cch24

Thanks for all the compliments ladies!! I love update threads so I thought I should contribute.

IDareT'sHair - I'm glad you showed up! I was going to message you a link to this thread since I'm always lurking in the U1B1. I wanted you to see that all of your lovely product recommendations are going to good use.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
OMGosh. Dude. Your hair is GAWJUS :lovedrool: I mean your definition is awesome! and your retention is bananas :spinning: Way to grow lady :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@cch24

I knew they were!:lol: Glad we could help out!:lol:

You Look Fabulous! Keep Up the Good Work!:grin:

You'll be at Goal in No Time!:yep:

When I saw your Name I thought: "Lemme gone over there and see what my Girl is Up to!"

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair is so gorgeous and your facial expressions made me:lachen:! I am trying to learn how to twist my hair from the side and have it look right. I am so confused as to what I want to do with my hair. I think I'm going to take a break and refocus.

Mische

My eyes literally bugged out when I got to your August 2011 picture! That is some sick retention. :lol: Very nice job!

ezina

Awesome growth!! I hope that after my 3 year transition, my hair will come out as beautiful as yours!

cch24

Thank you everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing every person reach their hair goals and posting pictures!!!

PureSilver

Your hair is lovely, inspirational for me and Congrats on you three years journey. i'm sure it has paid off.

Not to Hijack ur progress thread, today marks 2 years since my BC, unfortunately i have no pics because i'm all weaved up