21 month update!! ((PICS))

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I plan to do an update again in 3 months for my 2 year anniversary but I straightened my hair and had to take pics. I always knew my hair grew fast but with the way I used to take care of it you could never see progress. Thank you ladies so much for all your help, insight and great tips without this site I would still be bald!

NOVEMBER 2008 I had just started lurking and stopped shaving my head this is the last day I shaved it.

March 2010 This was my first time straightening it

This is Today August 2010 I am past Collarbone length but probably 4/5's of and inch away from APL (if that is arm pit length I'm never really sure)

This is my fro from a week or so ago. I love being texlaxed I can fro it or straighten it or wear it curly.

Last edited:

JollyGal

This is fantastic progress OP.

Keep up the great work.

Your hair looks gorgeous. Love the fro :)

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
What relaxer do u texlax with? and what products do u follow up with for the "fro"? ots really cute

I texlax with ors lye the first time I used xtra strength and for the touch up I used mild. I prefer the xtra one so I have to learn to work faster, it seems to hold moisture more.
The fro was super easy I don't use much of anything as a styling product so I co washed and left my tresemme naturals in as a leave in. Then I combed it semi-straight while it was wet and kept raking my hair till it was dry with my fingers then I use none ur frizziness leave-in by HE and brushed my hair and picked it out. ( I know people say not to brush dry hair but I do as long as its been detangled first) I only used the frizziness stuff because it was all I had. I don't use styling products often I think they leave more build up and suffocate my scalp so I only use them as close to the ends as possible. HTH :)

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
AMAZING!!! GREAT PROGRESS!!!! Can you share your reggie!?! :)

I don't really have a reggie the only thing I do is co-wash daily in the summer and dc 2x a week. I prepoo with my conditioner when I wake up then make coffee and workout then I shower and co-wash with the same stuff I prepoo'd with :perplexed. I comb in the shower with a wide tooth and wear a wash and go. ( I try to do almost everything in the shower aka find my part, detangle, style) I use serious heat once a week in the winter and may bump my ends during the week if I am wearing it down. (I straighten with a wet to dry flat iron and leave mega loads of conditioner on my hair and I don't use a heat protectant):spinning: I don't sleep with anything on or do anything for sleep. The only time I shampoo is when I neutralize.:ohwell:

I don't follow a reggie as much as I follow my rules.

I add a tbs of honey to everything I buy
My DC's are 1/2 honey
I never trim
I don't sleep with my hair bound ( for me thats breakage)
I only style my hair once per day (if I am going out at night that means I am wearing a pony or a bun during the day)
My hands are my main tools I try to avoid having to use something else if I do its a wide comb or my hair has been stretched
I eat protein like crazy
I always have something in my hair (usually conditioner or leave-in or oil its never just air or just water)
No small styles like micros or twists etc (tangles galore)

HTH

ChristmasCarol

Beautiful! I must say that you really looked great with your head shaved, too. Not many ladies look just as good - with or without hair. :)

Last edited: