2024 2025 Growth Aids Challenge

Kandygurl

Hello! I would like to join :) I haven’t part of a challenge in some years now. My hair thrived really well looking back on pics, but I’ve experienced a major, major set back and I’m trying to get things back on track.

Kandygurl

Hello! I would like to join :) I haven’t part of a challenge in some years now. My hair thrived really well looking back on pics, but I’ve experienced a major, major set back and I’m trying to get things back on track.
Tonight I applied MT, oil and massaged my scalp upside down. The thing about massage is the detangling needed. Also my ends are not happy and really shows the damage!:( I probably need to cut! I’m trying not to, I’d lose alot more inches, but I’m tempted. I applied a lot of conditioner + water + Carol’s Daughter Marguerite’s magic restorative cream. I’m going to try to give this a fair shot along with protective styling (try to cut down on my wash and gos), it’s been extremely cold!

weavepat

Still keeping up with my supplements.

I bought a rice water and biotin spray last summer that I barely used. It definitely contains fermented rice:nono: I added rosemary EO to mask the smell and applied it the night before I washed my twists. Not repurchasing, but I am glad I found a way to use it up.

I washed my twists last night. Will apply topicals either tonight or tomorrow.

Kandygurl

Today I started with my MSM water mix, sprayed my hair/scalp, massaged, then applied deep conditioner. I let that sit under a plastic cap while I did some things around the house. Rinsed that out and added ALOT of conditioner back in and sealed with oil.

Kandygurl

So far I love my MSM water mix. Today I used it to of course wet my scalp, but also, I applied it to my hair to refresh my curls instead of cowashing. My hair actually looked pretty good today :)

Wonder how long it will take to see my progress from all that I’m doing :scratchchin: I’m grateful for my growth so far and I’m excited to see my fully natural hair again! :love2:

Kandygurl

Glad I came in here! I forgot to take my msm today. I did use my spray however. Let me go mix it up! :)
I got distracted and did not ‘mix it up’ last night. I did however remember to kick my morning off with using my spray and taking msm. I wasn’t too fond of my hair style today… :lol: I need to do a massage and maybe I’ll apply some MT.
Guess I will be cowashing in the morning.

weavepat

@weavepat

That's great for 4 weeks of growth!!
Do you have plans for your hair in the near future? If not, I'd keep them in and just refresh the roots. Get the extra 4 weeks you usually expect from the style.
Thanks! As far as plans, I will take them out and style my hair as usual. I'll use this as an opportunity to work on style maintenance techniques and transition styles as I become more active.

Kandygurl

My fenugreek capsules and vitamin d have arrived and I have added it into my daily line up! Sloppily applied MT and my MSM spray on sopping hair. I need to make another batch of my MSM spray and use my new spray continuous bottle :)