2015 WIG CHALLENGE

danysedai

This the RPGshow PT001-s wig. It was 14 inches but I cut it shorter. It looks a lot like my hair(I have bangs) and I love that they offer a bigger cap size as my head is huge. The wig is comfortable, service to Canada was good and fast, customer service was good.

Attachments

• 20150119_080844 (2).jpg
    20150119_080844 (2).jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150119_080856 (2).jpg
    20150119_080856 (2).jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 20150119_080904 (2).jpg
    20150119_080904 (2).jpg
    191 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150119_080924 (2).jpg
    20150119_080924 (2).jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 117

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
This the RPGshow PT001-s wig. It was 14 inches but I cut it shorter. It looks a lot like my hair(I have bangs) and I love that they offer a bigger cap size as my head is huge. The wig is comfortable, service to Canada was good and fast, customer service was good.

That looks so nice! How's the quality of the hair? Love it

GGsKin

I suffered a bit of breakage at my nape a couple of weeks ago. The way the chunk of hair just came off in the shower, I'm not blaming my wigs just yet as this could have also been due to my poor detangling.

Concerned, as I don't want to make matters worse I switched back to wearing the longer of my two wigs as it's loose in the back. I also baggy under my wig, tie with a silk scarf and stocking cap. I feel like I need all 3 layers as the scarf stops my hair drying out in the bag and the cap keeps everything in place and seriously reduces rustling:yep:.

On wash day yesterday, I had no great losses but I could feel the damage and my nape is sensitive so I changed up my braid pattern. I've put two lose plaits in the back, five at the front and 3 canreows in the mid/back section.

Wish is wasn't so cold:cold: and I wasn't baggying almost 24/7, but hey, I've got a bald spot to grow:).

Off to read up on old threads:bookworm:

Last edited:

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
All shea moisture products are on sale at Walgreens buy one get one free.

I told myself that I'm going to start conditioning my beehive braids every two weeks so I stocked up and got some conditioners.

NGraceO

Hair/ Wig Update:

So after a brief run-in with a sew-in (Which I haven't had in several YEARS) this weekend, and I do mean BRIEF-- I had it in for all of 24 hours :lol: :lachen:-- I am back in wigs. I wanted the "sew-in" feel, as in I don't want to remove nor touch my real hair for at least a month, without the individual tracks sewn in all throughout my head. S after I removed my 24-hour sew in, I threw on my trusty dusty italian yaki silk top and sewed it around the perimeter of my corn-rowed hair. I plan to leave this on for at least a month. I figure between my frequent workout sessions and sebum production, my hair "should" be fine moisture wise (albeit a bit disgusting, too. :lol: )

What motivated this: So I told y'all that I straightened my real hair, right? Well, after pimping that style out for FOUR WEEKS, I finally decided to do my annual trim, in which I ended up taking as much as 1 1/2 inches off in some places via universal layers. I LOVE THE SHAPE AND THICKNESS!! Unfortunately, I lost a lot of thickness in my ends during this last year of wigging it, and I don't know why. :sad: So, no, I did not reach my ultimate goal of Waist Length yet, but I am so in love the shape and thickness that I'd rather have that right now. I'm at BSL again.

Anywho, with all that being said, I wanted a fool-proof way to retain and grow 3 inches in the next six months, and reminiscing about how much length I used to retain back in my university-sew-in-wearing-days motivated me to try something of this sort.

I plan to keep this up until June, at least. Long, thick hair is the goal. I am finally IN LOVE with my real hair. I just want more of it. :yup:

If you made it to the end of this novel, I thank you. :lol:

ETA: Pictures. One is the 24-hour-sew-in, and the other is my straightened hair prob 2 weeks in. Don't judge me. One of the only decent pics I captured with my hair out :)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1059.JPG
    IMG_1059.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Naveah2050

Hair/ Wig Update: So after a brief run-in with a sew-in (Which I haven't had in several YEARS) this weekend, and I do mean BREIF-- I had it in for all of 24 hours :lol: :lachen:-- I am back in wigs. I wanted the "sew-in" feel, as in I don't want to remove nor touch my real hair for at least a month, without the individual tracks sewn in all throughout my head, so after I removed my 24-hour sew in, I threw on my trusty dusty italian yaki silk top and sewed it around the perimeter of my corn-rowed hair. I plan to leave this on for at least a month. I figure between my frequent workout sessions and sebum production, my hair "should" be fine moisture wise (albeit a bit digesting, too. :lol: ) What motivated this: So I told y'all that I straightened my real hair, right? Well, after pimping that style out for FOUR WEEKS, I finally decided to do my annual trim, in which I ended up taking as much as 1 1/2 inches off in some places via universal layers. I LOVE THE SHAPE AND THICKNESS!! Unfortunately, I lost a lot of thickness in my ends during this last year of wigging it, and I don't know why. :sad: So, no, I did not reach my ultimate goal of Waist Length yet, but I am so in love the shape and thickness that I'd rather have that right now. I'm at BSL again. Anywho, with all that being said, I wanted a fool-proof way to retain and grow 3 inches in the next six months, and reminiscing about how much length I used to retain back in my university-sew-in-wearing-days motivated me to try something of this sort. I plan to keep this up until June, at least. Long, thick hair is the goal. I am finally IN LOVE with my real hair. I just want more of it. :yup: If you made it to the end of this novel, I thank you. :lol: ETA: Pictures. One is the 24-hour-sew-in, and the other is my straightened hair prob 2 weeks in. Don't judge me. ONe of the only decent pics Igot with my hair out :)

Damn sis you made it....when your real hair look better than your sew in lol, I am too cheap to take out a sew in after 24 hours though I would just suffer with it

FollicleFanatic

Taking a mini break from wigs for the week. I got the chance to shampoo and DC and my hair feels great. Will blowdry my hair Mon or Tues so my aunt can braid it up(why did I just discover this?!) and get back to scheduled programming.

danysedai

That looks so nice! How's the quality of the hair? Love it

It's my first lace wig, I like it a lot so far. I chose yaki texture, the other option silky straight would be too silky I think. It hasn't tangled, I haven't washed it but I think it will be ok when I do. The ends were a bit see through, so I cut it a bit. I read complaints about rpgshow not sending its customers the same quality wigs they send to youtubers and I think it's kind of true. If you look at pt001s wigs on youtube they are very thick and full, and the bangs need to be cut as they are too long. Mine has a nice density and the bangs came precut but it is not as super thick as the ones on youtube. I'm happy with it anyway as it is my preference.

djkforeal

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.): I plan on wigging it for the entire year but I will take breaks in between to wear my own hair out in flat twist styles or even some Havana twists this year.
2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
My purpose for joining this challenge is to continue on from all the past years I have been in this wig challenge because it really helps me with support from others and helps me retain my current length.
3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
I am 100% natural.
4.Current hair length: My current hair length is full bra strap length.

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.): My hidden hair is usually cornrowed or flat twisted underneath my wigs.
6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):
I will have to post a starting pic later when I straighten my natural hair, that's the best length checks I can get.
7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear: I don't have any current picture of the wig I am wearing but I will post soon.

alex114

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
i've been wigging it for at least a year-- it's how i got through my transition, and i'm out of the country for this semester, so i'll be wigging it at least until June 2015, and then also in the winter and fall.

2.Purpose of joining challenge (protective styling, low manipulation, hair retention, etc.):
Protective styling and retention
I want to keep myself more accountable, and also stop lurking lol. But i wear wigs for low manipulation

3.Whether you are: natural, relaxed [texlaxed, bonelaxed, texturized, etc.], transitioning:
Natural for a year and a half!

4.Current hair length:
i have no idea. I know it's past collar bone length? Sorry ya'll lmao

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)
cornrows

6.Photo of your starting point (if you have hair growth goals, and/or just want to share):

P.S.if any one has instagram/wants to see my wigs, my name is @ ameriath

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

NGraceO

Damn sis you made it....when your real hair look better than your sew in lol, I am too cheap to take out a sew in after 24 hours though I would just suffer with it

Thank you so much! I mean, seriously, your comment made me blush lol :blush3: And I would've been lazy, but If I'm gonna commit to a style for a month and have my kids (my middle school students) commenting on my do, it has to be right; I just wasn't feeling it.

NGraceO your hair looks great

NGraceO

I love your hair. Its super lush.

But, WHY are ya'll so sweet though? :look: Thank you :love3:

Hey I have been meaning to ask what spec wig did you order from classic lace wigs? It looks so realistic? Thanks in advance!

Hey babe. Its from ClassicLaceWigs.com (who needs to cut me a check lol). It's an italian yaki silk top lace wig in medium brown with a custom sized cap. i think the number is something like cw12256 ? I may be wrong.

Last edited:

NGraceO

Y'all- There was someone who posted a picture of themselves wearing a GORGEOUS straight lace wig from classic lace wigs. Anyone know who that was??

Naveah2050

Thank you so much! I mean, seriously, your comment made me blush lol :blush3: And I would've been lazy, but If I'm gonna commit to a style for a month and have my kids (my middle school students) commenting on my do, it has to be right; I just wasn't feeling it. But, WHY are ya'll so sweet though? :look: Thank you :love3: Hey babe. Its from ClassicLaceWigs.com (who needs to cut me a check lol). It's an italian yaki silk top lace wig in medium brown with a custom sized cap. i think the number is something like cw12256 ? I may be wrong.

I am ordering ASAP!! I am so excited! I wear April lace wigs but that yaki hair can't hold a curl for nothing!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hi! :wave: I'm January Noir and I'm officially joining this challenge!
(I haven't been in a hair challenge on this board in a long time! :giggle:)

1.How long do you plan on wigging it (3months, the entire year, between other protective styles, etc.):
Throughout the year, but not everyday.

All of the choices listed and to change up my look for work and play.

I am 100% natural.

4.Current hair length:
Short kinky/curly

5.Styling choice of hidden hair (ie. Beehive, plaits, cornrows, etc.)
I only know how to do plaits, but my hairdresser will cornrow my hair after his services.

6.Photo of my starting point:

7.Photo of any wigs you are currently wearing and/or hope to wear:
I have 4 now (2 human hair and 2 synthetic) and 2 more human hair wigs on the way.

Here are a few pics from today - I'm wearing the synthetic curly natural wig shown in the pic above on the far right:

GGsKin

JanuaryNoir I need to pick me up some of those wig stands. I love that curly wig you are wearing. Would love to find one like this....I think (although I have embraced my wigwearing self I am still a lil scared lol)

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
AbsyBlvd
Thanks! I got it online - actually, I purchased all 4 wigs (soon to be 6) online.
There are so many natural wigs online, I'm sure you can find quite a few you like!

Don't be scared. The trick to wearing wigs/weaves, etc. is to "own" your look!
Back straight, head high and WORK! Pretend you are a fashion model and you're the most sought after, beautiful woman in the world! Look at Naomi Campbell. She doesn't let the fact that she has no edges stop her from being the baddest chick on the planet.

GGsKin

I hear you January_Noir lol. I bought my first two wigs late last year. One online and one from the BSS. I don't know what it is about London or where I am shopping but trying to find a good curly wig on the ground is difficult and some online are dubious. I rock the ones I have with confidence tho:grin:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I hear you January_Noir lol. I bought my first two wigs late last year. One online and one from the BSS. I don't know what it is about London or where I am shopping but trying to find a good curly wig on the ground is difficult and some online are dubious. I rock the ones I have with confidence tho:grin:

Good! :up:
I purchased my phony pony and a few wigs last year from my local BSS and I like the ones I purchased online much better.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Good! :up:
I purchased my phony pony and a few wigs last year from my local BSS and I like the ones I purchased online much better.

I can't find a phony pony that matches texture and color for nothing. 1B's are too dark and the others are too light. You have a good phony pony brand that you like? january noir

BklynHeart

I'm in! I don't have a pic, but I've been wearing a wig that looks like I have braids for a month. Quick and easy!

I'm still trying to find a wig that's more kinky than curly and a straight wig that's not too 'glamorous' for work. To look as though I flat-ironed my hair.