2015 WIG CHALLENGE

GGsKin

My hair easily breaks. Would this over moisturize if done daily?

There may be a possibility. My scalp doesn't seem to mind baggying and I did it longterm lol (for days at a time) but my hair gets a bit limp (I noticed this as I started wanting to wear my hair out more).

My hairline breaks easily but when I baggied, my hair was in braids. I did notice some breakage maybe due tension and too much moisture IDK, so I started doing the singles around my hair line.

trebell

@trebell

I deep condition and moisturize my hair once a week and then braid my hair first.

Then, several times, during the week, I moisturize my hair (still while in braids) with a spray moisturizing leave-in, then moisturize my braids with a cream (I smoosh the moisturizer into the braids) and hairline. Before putting on my wigs, I moisturize the hairline again and then add an edge restorer product (I've been using Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Edge Treatment) and then put on a mesh wig cap. Personally, I can't baggy under a wig because my scalp needs the air (hence the mesh wig caps) or it will get too hot for me. So far, so good!

Thank you. I need to protect my edges also. What's a mesh wig cap?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I think the nylon which has to be bad lol. And I have nothing to protect my fragile edges.
@trebell ok so that is likely the culprit. Those things are so drying to my hair. The spandex cap is slippery so I put a nylon cap on top of it to keep the wig from sliding off but the nylon doesn't touch my hair directly. I don't have the scalp issues like some where my scalp is bothered by the layering. If you have scalp issues, layering may not work for you.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
@Aggie, dh and I have concluded that curly hair looks better on me too. It also looks a tad bit more realistic than silky, straight hair. How do you keep them from tangling.

@january noir, @HairPleezeGrow and others, how do you maintain curly wigs. Mine get matted at the nape kinda quick.

Hey girl I just spritz mine with a water and moisturizing conditioner mixture especially the nape. I put very minimal products in it like very little leave in and maybe a gel depending what type of definition I want. I also put small amount of sweet almond oil. I leave it alone for a few days like 4 and then do it all over again after cowashing. I wash product out with cleansing or poo once every 2 weeks and let hair dry after styling.

mshoneyfly

Thanks @divachyk
The tutorial was really helpful for me. I figure I can do the same thing using straight hair thats a little longer to make a low ponytail while avoiding too many bobby pins. Of course I wouldnt need the bun maker though. Im set with hairstyles for the next few weeks.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I'm so busy with school and home that I've been staying in buns and occasionally in wigs. But I'm not nearly as cute in a bun as I am in a wig, so back to wigging, hot weather and all!:gorgeous:

I'm in the process of making my first wig. It's a Senegalese twist crochet wig. Next I'm gonna make a kanekalon rod twist wig.

I'm also in the BSL-MBL 2015, sulfur, & MN challenges.

My reggie:
Sunday is wash/braid-redo day.
1. Wash/DC every 3 weeks.
2. M&S heavily & 5 braids for wig.
3. Wig off for gym, wear cute do-rag. (Wal-Mart has cute ones for $1)
4. Water rinse scalp weekly, then unbraid to remove shedding, M&S, rebraid.
5. Oil scalp 1x week on takedown day

MrsMe

I bought a wig two weeks ago:lachen:and forgot to come back to update y'all.
I went to a store by myself and couldn't find a curly wig that looked good on me. They all looked gigantic and my face was buried in them. I figured wavy would look better on me and it did but the store didn't have the color I was looking for.
I was so desperate and thought I wasn't going to find anything that I asked a friend to go to another beauty supply store with me. I tried at least 6 wigs before I found the right one. :eek:
I thought my head was big but my friend made me realize that was not the problem. My face is oblong and so is my forehead. I just needed bangs to cover it all.
I ended up buying something totally different from what I was aiming to buy and I actually like it. It's a Diana Bohemian Wig, Egyptian.
It's a synthetic wig so I'm not expecting it to last long. I'll definitely get some more wigs but they need to have a bang or be a really nice lacefront.

PhotoGrid_1430671974983.jpg

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I bought a wig two weeks ago:lachen:and forgot to come back to update y'all.
I went to a store by myself and couldn't find a curly wig that looked good on me. They all looked gigantic and my face was buried in them. I figured wavy would look better on me and it did but the store didn't have the color I was looking for.
I was so desperate and thought I wasn't going to find anything that I asked a friend to go to another beauty supply store with me. I tried at least 6 wigs before I found the right one. :eek:
I thought my head was big but my friend made me realize that was not the problem. My face is oblong and so is my forehead. I just needed bangs to cover it all.
I ended up buying something totally different from what I was aiming to buy and I actually like it. It's a Diana Bohemian Wig, Egyptian.
It's a synthetic wig so I'm not expecting it to last long. I'll definitely get some more wigs but they need to have a bang or be a really nice lacefront.

View attachment 326093
Very cute wig. I'm a sucker for bangs. I haven't had them in a while but I love bangs.

mshoneyfly

I'm so busy with school and home that I've been staying in buns and occasionally in wigs. But I'm not nearly as cute in a bun as I am in a wig, so back to wigging, hot weather and all!:gorgeous:

I'm in the process of making my first wig. It's a Senegalese twist crochet wig. Next I'm gonna make a kanekalon rod twist wig.

I'm also in the BSL-MBL 2015, sulfur, & MN challenges.

My reggie:
Sunday is wash/braid-redo day.
1. Wash/DC every 3 weeks.
2. M&S heavily & 5 braids for wig.
3. Wig off for gym, wear cute do-rag. (Wal-Mart has cute ones for $1)
4. Water rinse scalp weekly, then unbraid to remove shedding, M&S, rebraid.
5. Oil scalp 1x week on takedown day

@HappyAtLast
Are you using the hair thats already twisted and ready to put on the crochet hook? How are you gonna make a wig with this type of hair?

I ordered some of this but its not as long as it looks on the package

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
It's pretwisted. I'm crocheting it on a weaving cap. There's videos on YouTube.
I bought it in a 4.
@HappyAtLast
Are you using the hair thats already twisted and ready to put on the crochet hook? How are you gonna make a wig with this type of hair?

I ordered some of this but its not as long as it looks on the package