2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Used:

L: Oyin Hair Dew
O: Jojoba oil
C: Qhemet AOHC
and Aethiopika Butter to style
as well as Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade for the ends.

My twist-out was soft, full, and defined.

I am not sure what I am doing for tonight though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used:

SSI's Coconut Sorbet as a Pre-Rx
Will use: Avocado Oil on top of my DC'er to Steam with
Will also use: Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Elixir with my Leave-In
After my Hair Dries: Kizuri Olive and Shea Moisture Butter and maybe some DB Eucalyptus and Mint on Scalp (if needed)

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Doing a HOT/prepoo of coconut, safflower and sunflower.

After wash and DC it will be QB AOHC and coco cream leave in.

caliscurls

Yesterday Oyin Hair Dew and Berkura Seven Fold to refresh my wash n go, will do the same today. This fall I will NOT forget to stock up on the Seven Fold again. It is definitely a staple.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Using Kizuri Beauty's Olive & Shea Moisture Butter. :love:

It's a shame this line was discontinued.:cry2:

I'm on my last little bit in the jar. :angry2:

caliscurls

caliscurls

I will try this as well based upon reading your reviews!:grin:

I think you'll like it IDareT'sHair , it's light yet very effective. The only thing is that they announced on their Facebook that the Citrus Rind Sevenfold was discontinued indefinitely. I'm hoping they really do mean only the Citrus Rind. They have had other versions/scents, like I have the Ylang Ylang Sevenfold. Hopefully it and some other scents will be back in the fall.

NaturallyATLPCH

Added APB's Hibiscus and Fenugreek Infused oil to my DC

I don't know why I stopped mixing my DCs with oils. The comb just glided through my hair with minimal tangles. And I didn't Detangle prior to cleansing. I will definitely keep this practice every wash day.

CodeRed

Added hemp seed oil to Eva NYC Hair Mask

Edit: Doing a moisturizing conditioning experiment with VO5 Raspberry Balancing conditioner mixed with a lot of castor oil.

Last edited:

CodeRed

Random thought...

I rinse my hair with vanilla mint chai today and it is very, very dark (black tea dark). I put my castor oil/VO5 mix on my head to help contain the tea and I noticed that a pretty good amount of liquid was still dripping from my head, but it was all clear, like it was only water. I wonder if the oil held in the actual important parts (all the components that make it dark) of the tea and the water separated from it? My head wasn't super wet before I tea rinse with it (it was damp) but even if it was, I would think that the color of the tea would be dripping with it instead of just clear water...

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Applied APB Ayurvedic oil to scalp while conditioning. Applied Jakeala Amla Shea Parfait to damp length after shampooing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think you'll like it, it's light yet very effective. The only thing is that they announced on their Facebook that the Citrus Rind Sevenfold was discontinued indefinitely. I'm hoping they really do mean only the Citrus Rind. They have had other versions/scents, like I have the Ylang Ylang Sevenfold. Hopefully it and some other scents will be back in the fall.

caliscurls

Thank you for the Review. :hug2:

Glad you mentioned "Citrus Rind"....I'd definitely stay away from that.:nono:

I have a problem with Citrus based 'stuff'.

I will definitely be putting it on my list.:yep:

Beamodel

Sprayed diluted Darcy's transitioning cream on my new growth.

Applied APB pudding to my length.
Sealed with APB green powerhouse oil

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Layered:

L: Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Mist,

C: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, and

Gel: Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle

I actually loved this combo and will keep it in rotation on dry stretched hair. I had sheen, softness, and definition. My shed hair slid out and my tangles were at a minimum. It looks like my hair is liking soft hold gel now. Who knew?

I have been loving the hold and shine mist. Meanwhile, the curl and style milk was already a staple. However, the newcomer was the gel souffle and I really liked it :yep:. Let's hope it wasn't a fluke.

If it isn't it will turn out that I like very item in Shea Moisture's curl line save the curl enhancing smoothie. My hair laughed hysterically at it; within a few hours my hair would be dry, and on wet hair my hair could never dry and therefore hold a wet set style.

I have never tried their curl shampoo though, and I don't think I will. I am just not generally a fan of shampoo, and since I found my favorites I haven't been looking for new ones at all.

Last edited:

CodeRed

@CodeRed

I didn't know Babassu Oil was similar in texture to Coconut Oil. I thought it would be more of a Liquid Oil?

I bought some from Nature's Oil.

IDareT'sHair

I haven't bought it yet but all of the sites/pictures I find of it look like coconut oil and they compare the properties/benefits to that of coconut oil. I think I might try babassu instead of a butter to mix my mustard powder with. My hair hates coconut oil so we'll see...

I'm going to get that unrefined from one of the sites... it's $18 without shipping and handling. Gonna by the refined one also to see how they compare.

CodeRed

Added some castor oil to the rest of my VO5 Raspberry conditioner... not as much this time. Too much castor oil is hard to get out...