2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

Rastafarai

Getting on this challenge if its still open. I am low porosity so locking moisture is key for me. I've made the big mistake of thinking sealants (oils and butters) were akin to moisturizers so I'm usually battling with dry hair/ends :perplexed. I am ready to make a change this year! I've jumped on the bandwagon of trying these new moisturizers:

Natty Naturals - Natty Moist
Natty Naturals - Natty Creme
Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave In Conditioning Spritz

And new sealants:
Natty Naturals - Natty Butter
Blue Roze Beauty - Pumpkin Seed Hair Whip

:grin::grin:

Beany

Used my oil mix on my scalp. Used PBN MMM and BASK Apple syrup on my length. Used KJ Jamaican jelly on my edges (to slick them back).

ronie

Wash day was Friday night but I didn't rinse until Saturday morning. I used
It's a 10 miracle leave in and Purology 21 benefits. Both products served as my leave ins and heat protectant.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tryna' decide if I wanna pull out a little something with Sulfur?

Either a Pomade from The Pomade Shop or Liquid Gold's Green Magic?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Tryna' decide if I wanna pull out a little something with Sulfur?

Either a Pomade from The Pomade Shop or Liquid Gold's Green Magic?

Idk what hair type you have but my natural 4c really likes green magic.

Have you tried it before? Its very dense like a kid's crafting paste and can quickly be too heavy or greasy if even slightly heavy handed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Idk what hair type you have but my natural 4c really likes green magic.

Have you tried it before? Its very dense like a kid's crafting paste and can quickly be too heavy or greasy if even slightly heavy handed

DarkJoy

Yaaasss! I like it alot too.:yep: I Agree 100%.

And so can the Pomade Shop's Pomades. A little goes a loooooong way.

The Plus side of both is they last a while.:yep:

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
Will spritz these mini twists with water then some Purabody Murumuru Moisture Milk and a little LG Whipped Marshmallows on my ends. Sealing up with a little Hairveda Avosoya Oil.

Nylund

Finished my APB Carrot Cake cream a couple days ago, and started with Soultanicals Knot Sauce. I love it as a detangler, but it doesn't moisturize my hair nearly as well as the APB. May put it away until spring/summer because my hair needs all the moisture it can get this winter.

Still sealing with HH Caramel Frap. Should be finished in 1-2 weeks. I think I'll pull out Jakeala's Shea Hemp Parfait after it's done.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Used Haitian Black Castor Oil mixed with Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root and Mission Condition's Hair Candy as a pre- poo today. Upon rinsing my hair felt good, detangling was not an issue thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

sexypebbly

Used jakeala nappy butter and alma parfait both in peach Bellini scent. Have to say that so far, the parfait is a hit. Also love the smell :)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used a couple swipes of The Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade and The Pomade Shop's Coffee Pomade (both in Hawaiian Plumeria scent), while transferring them from 8oz Jars to 2oz Jars.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Sealed in some random moisturizing products with almond oil then applied modified NJoy oil to my scalp and massaged in. Hair is currently in 2 bantu knots.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
DarkJoy

Yaaasss! I like it alot too.:yep: I Agree 100%.

And so can the Pomade Shop's Pomades. A little goes a loooooong way.

The Plus side of both is they last a while.:yep:

Oooh the pomade shop's pomades are similar?!

How I wish you hadn't said that. Looks like I will be spending money today... :ohwell::lol:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@DarkJoy Green Magic is not the same consistency as TPS pomades. Green Magic is like a cream or something while the pomades are a light grease texture. Both are good.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oooh the pomade shop's pomades are similar?!

How I wish you hadn't said that. Looks like I will be spending money today... :ohwell::lol:

Green Magic is not the same consistency as TPS pomades. Green Magic is like a cream or something while the pomades are a light grease texture. Both are good.

@DarkJoy

@Froreal3 is correct. TPS is nothing like LQ Green Magic.

The point I was making was that a little of each goes a long way otherwise, it will make your Hair greasy and........that they last a long time.:yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thanks ladies for clarifying.

But uh.... imma still have to try them :lol: yall make TPS sound so good!